Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anna Windass & Owen Armstrong

Coronation Street's Ian Puleston-Davies has outlined his desire to be involved in a long-running story.

The Weatherfield actor hopes that his character Owen Armstrong will be a central part of his daughters' future surrogacy plot.

"What I'm looking forward to now is settling into hopefully a longer storyline, because it just gives you more creativity and it gives you somewhere to go," Puleston-Davies hypothesised.

"It grows, it gets bigger and bigger and it becomes more involving, and it could possibly even involve a bigger family, so we're all really excited about that."

Teenage mum-of-one Katy next Thursday (August 16) offers to become a surrogate mother for her disabled sister Izzy, who lost her baby with Gary Windass a fortnight ago.

The Welsh actor also disclosed how Owen discovers Izzy and Gary's plan at the christening of Katy's son Joseph the following day, teasing: "I think it went wrong fabulously at the christening.

"I was very excited by the fact that they decided to have Owen's discovery of the surrogacy care of his youngest daughter to happen by whispers during the service. I thought that was a wonderfully clever dramatic choice."

Coronation Street's surrogacy storyline kicks off during next Thursday's episodes, before dominating Friday's double bill.

CORRIE will be rocked by the arrival of adopted Faye Windass’s down-and-out dad later this year.
    Bosses are now casting for the role and although he won’t move permanently to Weatherfield, sources say he could return if popular with viewers.
    A show insider said: “The arrival of Faye’s real dad will come as a shock to everyone.
    “She doesn’t come from a nice background and he will be a bit rough around the edges to say the least.
    “It is strikingly obvious to Faye’s family that he is from the wrong side of the track. They are in for a lot of heartach

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz25pqMJoS0
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

CORRIE will be rocked by the arrival of adopted Faye Windass’s down-and-out dad later this year.
    Bosses are now casting for the role and although he won’t move permanently to Weatherfield, sources say he could return if popular with viewers.
    A show insider said: “The arrival of Faye’s real dad will come as a shock to everyone.
    “She doesn’t come from a nice background and he will be a bit rough around the edges to say the least.
    “It is strikingly obvious to Faye’s family that he is from the wrong side of the track. They are in for a lot of heartach

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz25pqMJoS0
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Coronation Street's Anna Windass cares more for partner Owen Armstrong than ex-husband Eddie.

Actress Debbie Rush believes that Anna would face a more difficult decision to leave Owen if his behaviour continues to jeopardise her adoption of Faye.

"She made that decision when Eddie was around and I think she would choose Faye again," she told the Radio Times.

"But it would be more difficult now because she really does care for Owen and she knows they could have a great family life."

Of Owen's role in the drama, Rush added: "He's upset because it's gone from a situation where Faye was starting to treat Owen more like a dad to her now saying that she hates him.

"He feels very pushed out but, as usual, he goes about things the wrong way and Anna gives him a warning."

The actress added: "He's well meaning but he just doesn't deal with situations like this very well."

Corrie actress Debbie Rush has praised young co-star Ellie Leach for her attitude on set.

Leach, 11, has been busy on screen in recent weeks as viewers have seen her character Faye Windass getting to know real dad Tim (Joe Duttine) after they made contact online.

Rush's alter ego Anna is concerned over her adopted daughter spending time with Tim, but she has reluctantly accepted their meetings in recent episodes.

Speaking to Digital Spy, Rush commented: "Ellie is fantastic. She's doing a really good job and she's so sensible. She works really, really hard and she's got school in between her scenes.

"Everyone loves her on set because she's really well-behaved and she's just very mature. She's had quite a lot to do, really, and I think that's what people are starting to realise. Ellie's had lots of little storylines and she's been quite busy since she arrived. I think she does really well, because she is only just 11."

Confirming that Faye's storyline will continue for a while, she explained: "I'm not sure what happens in the story beyond April, but I know it will certainly play out until the beginning of June at least."

Rush added that she will be sad to see Julie Hesmondhalgh bow out from her role as Hayley Cropper later this year. Anna often shares scenes with the Croppers while working at Roy's café.

She said: "I'm gutted, but Julie wants to go onto pastures new and that's great and what's right for her. But we're all absolutely gutted because she's so fabulous and such a good friend."

Coronation Street continues tonight (March 1) at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

I still miss Eddie. They need to bring him back.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (15-04-2013)

I do as well, he was really good I just don't think they used him in the right way.

So Faye's plan was to get Tim and Anna together.

I do as well, he was really good I just don't think they used him in the right way.

So Faye's plan was to get Tim and Anna together.

Coronation Street's Anna Windass will be left devastated when she is accused of child abuse, in an upcoming storyline.

Faye (Ellie Leach), who was adopted by Anna (Debbie Rush), accuses her mum of beating her up, the Daily Star reports.

Faye lies to social services in a bid to move out of Anna's house and in with her biological dad across the street.

Viewers will see social workers take Faye away, to the horror of Anna.

Anna's boyfriend, Owen Armstrong (Ian Puleston-Davies), will try and reassure her that she has done nothing wrong.

Faye's dad Tim arrived in Weatherfield in January, leading a shocked Anna to worry that she may lose her daughter.

Debbie Rush recently praised young co-star Ellie Leach for her attitude on set.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (15-03-2013), lizann (14-03-2013)

anna should ship her off to tim

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (15-03-2013), tammyy2j (15-03-2013)

Thread Information