Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girls Aloud

Girls Aloud

Girls Aloud are set to return to the studio in January 2012.

The 'Call the Shots' group are "itching" to end the hiatus they started in 2009 - which has seen all five members pursue different careers, including releasing solo records, acting, TV presenting and launching a make-up line - after members Cheryl Cole and Nadine Coyle bonded over the phone.

Both Nadine and Cheryl have had to deal with turmoil in their personal lives over the last month, with the former ending her engagement to NFL player Jason Bell and the latter being dropped from TV Show 'The X Factor'.

A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "They're excited they're going to be making a fresh start together on this next adventure of their lives.

"In six months time it'll be back to work as normal - they are itching to get back in the studio."

The girl band - who also include Sarah Harding, Nicola Roberts and Kimberley Walsh - are now searching for new producers to make hits for them on their next album, after they parted company with the songwriting and production team Xenomania who they have worked with on all their previous albums.

The source added: "At the moment the girls are really excited about their new beginning, although they are scratching their heads over who will create signature hits for them.

"They are all grown women now. Cheryl has been through a lot worse than US 'X Factor'. She's survived a marriage breakdown and almost died of malaria. She's made of tougher stuff."

'X Factor' judge Louis Walsh recently revealed Cheryl is set to rejoin her bandmates.

He told BANG Showbiz: "She's getting back with Girls Aloud in 2012 and they're going to tour."

(C) BANG Media International

I bet they all were damn glad to unite

No offence to the other girls but I feel Cheryl's only returning because of the x-factor fiasco. If she had been a success on the US version I bet she'd never go back to GA.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Nadine Coyle has confirmed that Girls Aloud are planning a reunion tour and new material.

The singer revealed that the band will perform shows around the country at the beginning of 2013 to celebrate their tenth anniversary.

"It's time to come back. At the end of the year it would have been ten years and it feels like the right time to regroup. I know everyone's been speculating about what we will do. It will be arena dates at the start of next year and we will have new music to go with it," Coyle told Dean Piper at Sir Elton John's Oscar party in LA.

"One or two singles I would think. It depends on how well it goes with the tour announcement. If things work well, there's enough demand and we're all in the same head space as a band then who knows what could happen.

"I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the girls. It's been a long time since we've all been in the same room together. But the truth is there's no big problem with me and the girls. I've been living here and not been home much and I have a life here now."

Girls Aloud were expected to make a comeback this year, although Nicola Roberts had previously announced that their plans had been delayed.

"I've been really worried about Sarah and I'm glad to see she's getting better," Coyle added. "I'm thrilled Kimberley's doing well on the West End and Cheryl and Nicola are working hard on their music.

"Everyone was so keen to put Cheryl and me against each other - but we just weren't enemies. We are very different people musically, that's all."

Coyle concluded by insisting that she is "proud" of her solo album, saying releasing music was "never about chart positions".

Nadine Coyle failed miserably as a solo artist so she is glad to come back to the group

I'm surprised that Nadine failed as a solo artist as I would have said that she has the best voice of all the girls.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (05-03-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    I'm surprised that Nadine failed as a solo artist as I would have said that she has the best voice of all the girls.
    I thought so too but it isnt all about the voice sometimes and I think she left it too late and went way too American with her accent

im glad there back but cheryl is only returning because she isnt so big now solo

Girls Aloud will reportedly release a brand new single next month.

The girl group - who are celebrating their 10th anniversary this year - are said to have reunited to film a video for the comeback track on Tuesday (October 2), according to The Mirror.

"The girls recorded tracks with their long-time collaborators Xenomania as early as May this year," a source claimed.

"Some of them recorded their vocals separately, so they didn't actually see each other that much during the process. Obviously, Nadine [Coyle] has been pretty estranged from the group during their time off, too.

"But on Tuesday, all five were together to film the video for their big return song, which is due out next month.

"It was the last possible opportunity they would all have to get together in time for the release, as Cheryl [Cole] has been busy rehearsing for her tour and Kimberley [Walsh]'s training schedule for Strictly has been getting more and more intense."

Nicola Roberts recently stated that Girls Aloud would be marking their 10th anniversary in some form in November.

Cheryl Cole has also hinted at possible new Girls Aloud lyrics, stating "I just wanna dance" during an interview in August.

Cant wait for their new next song

Thread Information