Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stephanie Davis (Sinead O'Connor)

drugs also been mentioned on social media

Hollyoaks actress Stephanie Davis has publicly spoken for the first time since she was axed from the soap.

Show bosses terminated her contract "with immediate effect" and confirmed that she will not be filming any more scenes in her role as Sinead O'Connor.

It was later revealed that Davis had been dropped from the show for turning up to work drunk.

Her agent had released a statement, saying: "Stephanie's contract was terminated following warnings for lateness, attendance and after a final incident in which she turned up to set unfit to work because of alcohol consumption."

Today (July 19), Davis used her Twitter account for the first time since June 2014 to send a message to her fans about her current situation, saying that she is "all good".

"Can't wait for my boy @SamReece to come home eek 3 more nights! Gym and exciting stuff now. Let's have it #gym #prepare #determined," she wrote.

She followed this up with a message to her fans, saying: "I would like to thank all of the fans for your continued support and not believing everything you read. I'm excited to embark on a new adventure and already excited with things to come! U guys have been amazing and I love you all!!! Thank you ! Stephanie xxx".

Davis also denied that she was suffering from any problems by responding to a message from a fan which suggested that she should have been offered help.

"I have no problems don't believe everything you read. I'm staying quiet and rising above it. I know what's true and what's not. I'm all good xx," she said.

Davis had only recently signed a new contract to remain with Hollyoaks until next spring.

She has played Sinead since 2010 and has been featured in a range of dramatic storylines, most recently giving birth to baby Hannah.

I'm sure Kirkwood will fill the gap by casting Danielle Harold now that Treadwell-Collins has freed her up. He has form for putting his previous signings in the show (Daniella Westbrook, Jody Latham.)

I can't help feeling that they should have filmed exit scenes, though. It sounds like she's a big character. EastEnders got rid of Elaine Lordan and Melissa Suffield for similar reasons and filmed an exit storyline. It sounds like Hollyoaks are big fans of x has gone to stay with y mentions.

Hollyoaks actress Stephanie Davis has publicly spoken for the first time since she was axed from the soap.

Show bosses terminated her contract "with immediate effect" and confirmed that she will not be filming any more scenes in her role as Sinead O'Connor.

It was later revealed that Davis had been dropped from the show for turning up to work drunk.

Her agent had released a statement, saying: "Stephanie's contract was terminated following warnings for lateness, attendance and after a final incident in which she turned up to set unfit to work because of alcohol consumption."

Today (July 19), Davis used her Twitter account for the first time since June 2014 to send a message to her fans about her current situation, saying that she is "all good".

"Can't wait for my boy @SamReece to come home eek 3 more nights! Gym and exciting stuff now. Let's have it #gym #prepare #determined," she wrote.

She followed this up with a message to her fans, saying: "I would like to thank all of the fans for your continued support and not believing everything you read. I'm excited to embark on a new adventure and already excited with things to come! U guys have been amazing and I love you all!!! Thank you ! Stephanie xxx".

Davis also denied that she was suffering from any problems by responding to a message from a fan which suggested that she should have been offered help.

"I have no problems don't believe everything you read. I'm staying quiet and rising above it. I know what's true and what's not. I'm all good xx," she said.

Davis had only recently signed a new contract to remain with Hollyoaks until next spring.

She has played Sinead since 2010 and has been featured in a range of dramatic storylines, most recently giving birth to baby Hannah.

Hollyoaks fans will get their last glimpse of Sinead O'Connor this week as the show airs Stephanie Davis's final scenes.

The actress was abruptly axed from the Channel 4 soap in July after show bosses terminated her contract with immediate effect.

Sinead has remained on screen for nine weeks due to the show filming so far in advance, but her journey finally comes to an end in a few days' time.

Digital Spy can confirm that Sinead's final episode airs this Thursday (September 17) on E4 and Friday (September 18) on Channel 4.

Sinead's exit will come after her boyfriend Ste Hay once again gives into temptation with his teenage admirer Harry Thompson (Parry Glasspool), which leads to them sleeping together.

Viewers will see Sinead find out about the steamy affair, and Ste (Kieron Richardson) will be heartbroken when he later discovers that she has packed her bags and left the village.

Sinead's departure will be a new setback for troubled Ste, especially if she decides to take their baby daughter Hannah with her when she goes.

Digital Spy exclusively revealed that Davis had been dropped from Hollyoaks on July 16. The following day, the actress's agent released a statement saying that she had been axed "following warnings for lateness, attendance and after a final incident in which she turned up to set unfit to work because of alcohol consumption".

Davis later denied ever being drunk at work, stating that she was sacked for walking off set and going home when she was due to film scenes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (14-09-2015)

what a crap badly written exit

In perhaps the most surprising soap casting of the year thus far, Hollyoaks is bringing back Stephanie Davis three years after her infamous firing.

Executive producer Brian Kirkwood has confirmed that Davis will be filming new scenes as badgirl Sinead O'Connor beginning in August and will be back on screen properly later in the year.

Among Sinead's more notorious on-screen antics include having a fling with her step-mother's husband Tony Hutchinson (Nick Pickard), and fleeing town with young daughter Hannah.

"I am delighted that Stephanie is returning, she's a hugely talented actress who has worked hard to overcome some personal issues," Kirkwood said today (May 21).

"We welcome her return to Hollyoaks to reprise her role as Sinead O'Connor, a brilliant and vibrant character who the audience love. Sinead will make a return to the Hutchinsons family in autumn, no doubt bringing drama in tow."

Davis's previous tenure on Hollyoaks ended in tabloid headlines when she was "terminated with immediate effect" by the show in July 2015, amid reports of her behind-the-scenes conduct.

Even more tabloid headlines followed months later after she started a romantic relationship with model Jeremy McConnell while on Celebrity Big Brother in early 2016, despite dating Sam Reece on the outside.

She later had a child with McConnell, but they are no longer together. For Davis, returning to her roots on Hollyoaks is clearly a chance to put the bad publicity behind her once and for all.

Stephanie Davis and Jeremy McConnell in Celebrity Big Brother
    © CHANNEL 5

"I'm over the moon to be given this amazing opportunity and so excited to bring feisty Sinead back to Hollyoaks," she said.

"I can't wait to see all the cast and crew there, many that I have known for years.

"I just want to get stuck into learning my first scripts I can't wait to be on set and back acting again, which is my passion."

Digital Spy

more storylines for miserable ste with daughter hannah

married sinead hooks up with sami

Stephanie Davis has explained her on-screen absence from Hollyoaks in an emotional social media post.

The actress, who plays Sinead O'Connor on the Channel 4 soap, recently assured fans that she hadn't left for good.

However, in a devastating social media post to her We Are Simply Complicated Instagram page on Saturday (December 14), Stephanie revealed that a suicide attempt was the actual reason behind her Hollyoaks break.

Stephanie also shared a video taken at the time when she was struggling, explaining that "it's really hard to watch".

"I haven’t been back to work because the real truth is I relapsed & tried to kill my self," Stephanie wrote.

"This was a suicide video I was leaving behind saying I’m sorry & cannot continue. I can still feel the pain in my chest when I watch this, it’s really hard to watch."

The star went on to explain that she was previously diagnosed with bipolar disorder and high-functioning autism.

She added: "I'm still battling but I needed to get this off my chest. If I wasn't in the public eye, I would be dealing with this with my family and loved ones, but I feel I need to be honest because the pain I've been through has been so unbearable that I have to help other people...

"Thank you to all those who follow me and who have supported me. I'm back to not the old Steph, but the funny Steph everyone knew and loved but 10000x better."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...ned-instagram/

Thread Information