Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephanie Davis (Sinead O'Connor)

Stephanie Davis (Sinead O'Connor)

Hollyoaks star Stephanie Davis has now been working on the soap for a year, playing the role of feisty schoolgirl Sinead O'Connor. Last year, viewers saw Sinead endure a series of family dramas as her stepmum Diane's desperate desire for a baby caused mayhem for her loved ones. More recently, Sinead has been reunited with her real mother Morag, befriended bitchy schoolgirl Ruby Button and embarked on a relationship with rebellious Bart McQueen. Digital Spy recently had a quick chat with Stephanie on set at the Hollyoaks Music Show to hear what's coming up next for Sinead and the O'Connors.

After a year at Hollyoaks, has it been everything that you expected?
    "It's been everything and more. It's just so good to come to work and do something that you love. Everyone's lovely here and it literally is like the Hollyoaks family. Even when I spoke to people from other shows at the Soap Awards, they commented on how we all seem like a family and really look out for each other. So I get to come to work to do what I love with people that I love - it's brilliant."

We've seen Sinead show more of a bitchy side in the past few weeks - what are your thoughts on this?
    "I love it! I love playing the bitch and I want to do it more. I think Sinead did start out quite cocky and a bit of a bitch, and then as things went on with Diane and things like that, she did become a bit more laid-back. I think Sinead feels like she can't trust anyone, so she puts a barrier up and pushes them away a bit."

How will things progress for Sinead in the coming weeks?
    "She will open up a bit more and make a few new friends. She's got some interesting stuff coming up. She goes nice for a little bit, but then the bitch starts coming back! She'll have a bit of a rivalry with someone…"

Is the storyline between Sinead, Ruby and Esther just schoolgirl bitchiness or could it become more of a serious bullying storyline?
    "I think it could be more serious with Ruby, but not with Sinead. I don't think Sinead's really like that. I don't think Sinead is a bully, I think she's just the 'bad girl'. So I don't think we'll see Sinead as a severe bully, but we could see her getting into the wrong type of things and mixing with the wrong type of people - the bad characters of the show!"

Do you like the relationship between Sinead and Bart?
    "Yeah, Jonny Clarke who plays Bart is one of my best friends in real life, we're really close. Everyone always asks if we're together in real life and I'm like, 'No!' because he's got a girlfriend!"

We do see Sinead away from the rest of the O'Connors quite a bit, so would you like to see more scenes with her and the family?
    "Yeah, I would. I have had quite a lot of stuff with Diane and recently we've been filming together so much - it's been non-stop with full days. I think Diane is going to start speaking to other people, not just the kitchen sink! (Laughs) We'll have also scenes together over meal-times and things like that, but I am enjoying working with the other characters as well - Sinead's getting out there and doing different stuff."

Could we see Sinead's real mum return any time soon?
    "I'm not sure at the moment - I don't think we'll see her return any time soon. Maybe we could see her return later on, but I think everything's cool at the moment. I enjoyed working with her as she was lovely - she was really laid-back and very different from me!"

Finally, are you enjoying working with Hollyoaks' new boss Gareth Philips?
    "Yeah, he's really nice. He's really easy-going and if you have a problem, you can go up and speak to him. The other day, I had a meeting with him in his office and he said, 'This is what's going to happen - tell me what you think'. He's like a friend and he's very straight with you. I like that, it's really nice and it's never daunting going up to the producer's office. When he first started, obviously we all saw him as the boss but now it's just completely relaxed and I get on with him really well. I think he's done really good with the show as well."

Stephanie Davis DS Interview 4th November 2011

Hollyoaks' feisty sixth former Sinead O'Connor announces that she's leaving the village next week after she and boyfriend Gaz are presented with a big job opportunity.

When Sinead and Gaz (Joel Goonan) land an exciting chance to head off on a European tour where they'll be selling gig merchandise, they quickly make plans to leave for a fresh start - believing that they don't have anything keeping them in the area.

However, Sinead's big news comes at a cost to lovesick Bart McQueen (Jonny Clarke) as he still has feelings for her but is too stubborn to admit them. With Jason's help, will he declare his love to Sinead before it's too late?

Here, Stephanie Davis - who plays Sinead - chats to Digital Spy about the latest storyline twists ahead for her character.

How strong would you say Sinead's feelings for Gaz are at the moment?
    "To be honest, I don't think they're very strong. If anything, I think Sinead feels sorry for him because he's had a hard life. It's a bit like he's the consolation prize for Sinead - she's gone with him to prove a point to Bart, but also because she wants to be happy and she wants to be loved. Because Bart's not fighting for her at the moment, she just thinks 'Why not?' when it comes to Gaz."

Is Gaz's bad boy nature part of the appeal for Sinead too?
    "Yeah, I think she is a bit of a fan of bad boys! She really likes the risk of being with someone like that - she enjoys it when she doesn't know what's going to happen next."

Where does that leave things between Bart and Sinead?
    "Well, I think you can tell that Sinead actually isn't that happy with Gaz. It seems like Gaz just wants one thing a lot of the time. The main reason Sinead is with Gaz is that she wants Bart to wake up - he can have her if he wants her, but he's just got to fight for her. But she's starting to give up, so that's why she's trying to make things work with Gaz."

What's going on between Gaz and Maddie at the moment?
    "Gaz continues to try it on with Maddie. Maddie has told Sinead about this, but she just thinks that Maddie is trying to meddle - as they have this Mean Girls-type relationship where they're both trying to be the most popular and well-liked. Gaz is also playing some mind tricks with Sinead, but he's secretly planning to finish with her because he likes Maddie more."

What happens next?
    "Gaz is just about to finish with Sinead, but at that moment, he sees her chatting to a guy who's a tour promoter. They both get offered a job selling gig merchandise on a tour that's going all over Europe.

"When Gaz realises that Sinead has got him this job and really does care for him, he changes his mind and wants to stay with her. So Sinead makes the decision to go away on tour with Gaz and leave Hollyoaks. She feels like she has nothing keeping her in the village, so she might as well try to make a life somewhere else."

Does Sinead tell Diane about her plans?
    "She doesn't! Sinead feels like she's caused her mum enough hassle, and she knows that Diane wouldn't take the news very well. So she doesn't tell her - she's planning on just getting up and going."

Do you think there's anything genuine about Sinead and Maddie's friendship?
    "I think at the moment it's a case of 'keep your enemy close'. They're friends with each other, but Sinead's a good judge of character and she can see what Maddie's about - even if nobody else can see it. Sinead's quite wary of Maddie, but in this storyline, she's had enough of her by this point and is suspicious of what Maddie's telling her about Gaz."

Jason is the one who's trying to play matchmaker between Bart and Sinead, isn't he?
    "Yeah he is, and I think that's really nice. The three of them have been through so much together. Jason realises that nothing will ever happen between him and Bart, as Jason wants to be a boy and that's the end of it. So Jason tells Bart that life's too short and he should go after Sinead before it's too late.

"Sinead is in London with Gaz for a concert and will go on the European dates immediately afterwards. So it's a case of whether Bart will fight for Sinead and whether he'll win her back - or if she'll go away with Gaz and leave Hollyoaks."

Do you think Sinead and Bart are made for each other?
    "I think they are, yeah. Even though they have their ups and downs, they know each other so well and they both come from similar broken families. No matter who comes along, I really think that Sinead and Bart are the ones who are meant to be together."

Have you enjoyed showing Sinead in a new surrounding recently as she's now at the sixth form?
    "Yeah, I have! It's been a big transition for Sinead and she definitely didn't get off to a good start. But I think that there's a chance she could start to settle down. I think you're going to see a different side to Sinead with some of the stuff that's coming up…"

Are the sixth form gang all close friends in real life?
    "Yeah! Some of the lads are living together at the moment - Jonny Clarke, Tosin Cole and Dylan Llewellyn. I'm really good friends with Jonny in real life, so I'll often go round there with the other girls and we'll all have a big meal together. We're like a family - Hollyoaks to me is like my second family. We all hang out together and we're really close."

Are there any more family scenes coming up for Sinead, Diane and Finn?
    "I hope so! I think we're getting some stuff written for us at the moment. I really love all the family scenes at the house. Finn is funny and Alex Fletcher, who plays Diane, is like my mum in real life - or like a big sister! I'm always phoning Alex for a chat. Whenever I do a scene with Alex, it's really easy because we're so close in real life. I hope there's more of that stuff to come."

Would you like to see Finn get some stories of his own when Connor, who plays him, is a bit older?
    "I'd like to see that - I think Connor can do a lot. At the moment, he's still quite young and he's got school, so it's just finding that balance between school and filming. I'd like to think he could have some good storylines coming up, because he's a talented kid. He's like my little brother in real life. Maybe he could become a proper bad boy and be the next Gaz!"

Are you sad about Victoria Atkin's departure from Hollyoaks?
    "I'm gutted - she's my best friend. Me, Jonny and Vic call ourselves The Three Musketeers because we're so close. I stay in Vic's most nights and we hang out together, so we know each other inside out. When I found out Victoria was going, I literally cried every day until she left! She's staying in Liverpool for a little while, so she hasn't got rid of me that easily - we'll still keep in contact!"

Victoria did a great job with her big storyline, didn't she?
    "She's an incredible actress - ridiculously good. On set, I've never met someone so professional. Everything's genuine with her - when she cried, she never used a tear stick and it was always her own tears. Out of anyone, I can definitely say with Victoria that she's going to go on to better things. I think she wants to do some TV dramas now and I think she'll be great at it - she's going to do really well."

What else is coming up for Sinead?
    "I think recently we've lost a bit of Sinead's feisty side because the storylines have been quite serious, and they've been bringing the new characters in and letting the audience get used to them. Now, with the recent scripts that I've been filming, Sinead's been bringing back her cheeky comments and I'm really liking that.

"On TV, there's a few more weeks of Sinead being down but then she's going to bring back her witty side. She's got a lot in store. She's got lots of exciting storylines coming up which are going to take her on a rollercoaster - it'll be up and down!"

Who would you like Sinead to have more scenes with?
    "Well, I've done some stuff with the McQueens recently and I've still got quite a bit coming up with them. I'd probably say Brendan, but I think I will actually start working with him soon. I've already had a couple of scenes with Emmett and I'd like to start working with him more. I've got a lot of stuff with the Osbornes coming up as well.

"I love working with Quinny who plays Gilly as well, but I actually can't work with him because we laugh so much! We did a scene that'll be coming out soon and it was a serious one, but I just couldn't keep a straight face. In the end, we laughed so much that we couldn't look at each other, so you'll see on TV that we're both looking away from each other!"

Is it exciting to be involved in Hollyoaks in general at the moment?
    "Definitely. Before I was in Hollyoaks, it was my favourite soap. We have a lot of teenage viewers but older people watch it as well, and I think it's good for older people to watch too. I think, especially recently, the other soaps need to watch out for Hollyoaks because we're on a roll. Scan who plays Brendan is roping in all those awards, and I've been nominated for the NTAs, which I'm made up over as I really didn't expect to be nominated for that. There's going to be so much more to come from Hollyoaks this year."

What has your new producer Emma Smithwick been like to work with so far?
    "I honestly think that she's the best thing that's happened to the show. She's so fresh. She's like a friend as well - she'll have a coffee with you in the canteen and chat to you, and you can ask questions very openly about your character. I think she's got some really exciting things coming up for the show. I can't wait - I think this is the most exciting time for Hollyoaks."

'Hollyoaks': Stephanie Davis teases Sinead's adoption plan

Hollyoaks teenager Sinead O'Connor drops a bombshell on stepmum Diane this week, admitting that she no longer wants her unborn baby.

Fearing that she's not ready for motherhood, Sinead suggests that Diane should adopt the child instead - but is the surprising idea just going to cause more problems for the O'Connors?

Stephanie Davis, who plays Sinead, recently caught up with Digital Spy to chat about the baby plot and the aftermath of Esther Bloom's bullying ordeal.

You must be enjoying being so busy on screen at the moment!
    "I am - it's been nice to play something different. Usually Sinead is always just a bitch and she's just had the bullying storyline, so now it's nice to get into a story that shows her as a bit more vulnerable again. It's been really fun and I'm loving work at the moment."

Ruby seemed to be redeemed at the end of the bullying storyline, but that hasn't really happened with Sinead yet. Do you think there'll be a turning point for her?
    "I think Sinead has got to be redeemed to be on the show, otherwise she'd just be hated and nobody would speak to her!

"Maybe it hasn't happened yet because Sinead has just had a lot on her plate with the baby in the past few months, so she feels quite alone. She's putting a barrier up and she's not letting anyone in at the moment."

Have you ever been worried that the viewers won't forgive Sinead for bullying Esther?
    "Well, when I've been watching the show, I've thought, 'Oh my God, she's such a bitch!' But I do also think that Sinead is a likeable character and sometimes when you watch her, you can't help but laugh at some of the things she does.

"I think Sinead will be forgiven - and she can't really not say sorry for what she's done, so she will apologise. She might not be forgiven straight away, but in time hopefully people will give her another chance. If Sinead doesn't get forgiven, she might go down a very dark route."

There were a handful of Twitter users who confused you with your character during the bullying storyline. Was that difficult to deal with?
    "I think it just means I'm doing my job right. You get a lot of people who point out that it's just a TV show, but then you get some people who do think that it's real. It makes me laugh as it is quite funny. Me, Jazmine Franks and Anna Shaffer are really good friends in real life and we have a giggle about it. It's all part of the job."

Why does Sinead decide that she doesn't want the baby this week?
    "It starts when Sinead is working at Price Slice. Cindy is being a bit unfair on Sinead and putting her through quite a hard time at work. In the end, Sinead ends up falling off a ladder when she's cleaning the shop windows. She goes to the hospital with Diane, and I think secretly she's hoping that she's lost the baby at this point.

"Then Sinead finds out that the baby is fine, healthy and it's a girl. Diane's happy because she's always wanted a baby, but Sinead now wants an abortion and doesn't tell anyone apart from Cindy. She has a heart-to-heart with Cindy where she asks for advice, and then that's a turning point in Sinead and Cindy's relationship.

"Cindy has been in the same position when she was 16 and pregnant but didn't want Holly. They have a really deep heart-to-heart and become friends. Cindy sees Sinead as a miniature version of herself, and she gives her a few options to consider. In the end, Sinead speaks to Diane and ends up asking her to adopt the baby."

What makes Sinead choose adoption as the best way forward?
    "I think Sinead was very open to going for an abortion, but then she hears from Cindy about how she didn't want her baby but Holly became a big part of her life. Sinead feels bad, because an abortion would mean getting rid of a life.

"If Sinead gives her child to Diane, the baby will always be around but not such a big part of her life. Sinead is young so she's still thinking about going out partying, university and her career. She's not ready for motherhood as she's still a child herself. If Bart had stuck around, she would have gone ahead with keeping the baby, but now she's having second thoughts."

How does Diane react to Sinead's offer?
    "You'll have to wait and see! I think Diane will have a lot of questions to ask before she even considers this. If Diane says no, Sinead will have to consider other options."

Where do you want the storyline to go next?
    "Well, I think this is a good storyline, because I know there's a lot of people who do get pregnant at a young age. One of my friends was in a similar situation after getting pregnant young. It happens a lot and it's a touchy subject.

"Character-wise, I think probably I'd want Diane to adopt the baby, because that means I can still film the giving birth scene! That's the one thing I haven't done at Hollyoaks yet!"

How do you feel about Diane becoming a bigger part of the show?
    "I think that's really good - she totally deserves that. Alex Fletcher who plays Diane is so good - she's such a great actress. We have so much fun when we're on set together, and we get through the scenes so quickly because she's such a professional. Alex is like a breath of fresh air, she really is."

Bart (Jonny Clarke) was Sinead's main love interest for a long time on the show. Is it strange not having him around now?
    "It's so weird. When Jonny left, it didn't really hit me at first. I spent my whole time at Hollyoaks filming with him, especially with the Jasmine/Jason storyline. Even afterwards, we practically did every scene together.

"It's weird not having him around, but it's good because I get to work with different people and I've got this storyline, which could go in a lot of different directions."

There are a lot of new male characters joining the show in the next few weeks. Could there be a new love interest for Sinead among them?
    "Well, I don't think being pregnant would stop Sinead from going after a fella! I don't think anything would stop her, pregnant or not! I think she will always have a flirt. It'll be hard for her, because she is pregnant and she's got a lot of baggage. But in time, I think there will be a new love interest, yeah."

Who else from the recently-departed cast are you missing?
    "I miss them all! Claire Cooper was one of my really good friends and we shared a changing room together too, so we always used to have chats at dinnertime. I'm going to miss that. But Claire donated a space in the changing room to me, and she wrote down that it was 'from one chav to another'!

"I miss working with Jonny and it's the same for Scarlett Bowman, Tosin Cole and Dylan Llewellyn - our little group. It was weird when they left, because we were all really good friends on and off set, so we'd hang round together a lot. But I still speak to them all and I know they're doing really well."

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first look screenings at 7pm on E4.

maybe suzanne will want the baby as rhys is the daddy

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    maybe suzanne will want the baby as rhys is the daddy
    I hope this comes out soon as the McQueens will dot on the baby thinking it is belong to Bart

Jacqui does know though

Hollyoaks star Stephanie Davis has revealed that her character Sinead O'Connor will be heading down a "really dark" path.

Speaking to Digital Spy at the 2013 British Soap Awards, the actress confirmed that life gets even worse for Sinead after she gives birth to a baby girl this week.

The 20-year-old also admitted that she can't see Sinead getting back on the right track anytime soon, and predicted that fans will be "shocked" when they find out what is in store.

Sinead O'Connor's loyalty to her new friend Ste Hay will be seriously tested on Hollyoaks when a sleazy policeman starts causing trouble for her.

The out-of-control teenager first encounters DS Trent when he becomes the latest target in her 'clipping' storyline, with Sinead initially unaware that he is a member of the police force.

When Trent catches Sinead attempting to steal from his wallet while they're in a hotel room together, he finally reveals his true identity. However, rather than arresting Sinead, he propositions her with £200.

Stephanie Davis, who plays Sinead, told All About Soap: "It's a really big decision. Sinead knows that if she does it, there's no going back. Part of her is quite tempted, but deep down the idea of being a prostitute frightens her.

"I can't reveal whether Sinead goes through with it or not, but I think the viewers will be shocked."

Later, Sinead thinks she has seen the last of DS Trent, but they soon cross paths again after her stepmum Diane (Alex Fletcher) reports Ste for dealing drugs.

Diane makes the call as she thinks the poor conditions at Ste's flat are to blame for Sinead's baby daughter Katy falling ill.

Revealing what happens when the police turn up, Davis commented: "One of the policemen is DS Trent. Sinead's confused, and then he addresses her by her real name - not Rihanna, the false one she gave him earlier - and arrests her.

"She tells Trent to quit the act or she'll reveal what went on between them. But he blackmails her - grass up Ste, or she's going down for robbery!"

Hollyoaks teenager Sinead O'Connor is left devastated next week as her baby daughter Katy becomes seriously ill.

After another night earning money through unsavoury means, Sinead (Stephanie Davis) returns home to find Katy being carried into an ambulance by Finn and Diane.

Later at the hospital, Katy is diagnosed with viral meningitis and Sinead feels terrible that she wasn't there for her daughter in her time of need.

To make matters worse for Sinead, Diane (Alex Fletcher) spots a suspicious text on her mobile phone which hints at what she's been up to.

Later, Diane goes to the flat to get some things for Katy and notices a number of expensive clothes and accessories in Sinead's room. Will Diane discover how Sinead has been earning her money?

Last edited by tammyy2j; 02-07-2013 at 13:24.

Hollyoaks teenager Sinead O'Connor will be tempted into prostitution next week, Digital Spy can confirm.

Viewers have already seen Sinead (Stephanie Davis) start a career in 'clipping' - seducing men and stealing their money without sleeping with them.

However, next week's episodes see Sinead embark on an even darker path as she sells herself to sleazy policeman DS Trent.

The story twist plays out after Sinead chooses DS Trent as the next target in her clipping scam, failing to realise that he's part of the police force.

The pair head to a hotel room together, but when Trent catches Sinead rifling through his wallet, he reveals his true identity. Sinead fears that he's there to arrest her, but instead he shows his true colours by propositioning her with £200.

Although it's a tough decision to make, Sinead ultimately accepts the offer and sleeps with DS Trent.

Show bosses have promised that the storyline will be explored sensitively. Sinead makes the difficult choice as she is desperate for money and to provide for her baby daughter Katy, but as the plot plays out, the dangers of what she is doing will become apparent to all.

Viewers will also be directed to various help and support organisations, via the official Hollyoaks website, which offer advice to anyone in a similar position to Sinead.

Thread Information