Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nicola Stapleton (Mandy Salter) returning

Hetti Bywater's contract ends at the end of the month as she was given an initial 6 months despite being promised she would be in for a year. She is still waiting to here if its extended

Quote Originally Posted by blingbang View Post
    Hetti Bywater's contract ends at the end of the month as she was given an initial 6 months despite being promised she would be in for a year. She is still waiting to here if its extended
    I'd rather she went than Mandy, she's been terrible!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Quote Originally Posted by Brucie View Post
    So Ian's bride leaves him on their wedding day - Groundhog Day or what? Hopefully she takes the plank of wood that plays his daughter with her!
    the new Lucy is not a hit with me....and she has had time to bed in now
    Last edited by sarah c; 05-04-2012 at 14:15.

EastEnders minx Mandy Salter will receive devastating news on the week of her wedding to Ian Beale.

Magazine reports have revealed that Mandy (Nicola Stapleton) discovers her mother Lorraine has died later this month, leaving plans for the ceremony in doubt.

The drama plays out as Mandy remains hesitant about marrying Ian (Adam Woodyatt). She eventually has a heart-to-heart with Tanya Jessop (Jo Joyner), confessing that her troubled relationship with Lorraine is the main reason for her trust issues.

Tanya suggests that Mandy should try to resolve things with Lorraine, but when the mischievous blonde heads to the hospital to do so, she hears that her mother has passed away.

Ian, whose behaviour becomes increasingly erratic after hearing Ben's guilty secret, later shocks everyone by insisting that the wedding should go ahead regardless of Lorraine's passing.

The businessman's persistence particularly annoys Lucy, who has been frantically trying to cancel the wedding arrangements to sabotage the ceremony.

EastEnders fans already know that Mandy will soon be leaving Walford, but with Ian insisting that the wedding should take place, what will happen on the big day?

The wedding week begins on Monday, May 21 at 8pm on BBC One.

EastEnders star Nicola Stapleton has confirmed that she would not rule out another return for her soap character Mandy Salter.

The actress filmed her exit scenes six weeks ago and viewers saw Mandy bow out in yesterday evening's (May 31) episode.

Speaking on Loose Women today (June 1), the 37-year-old revealed that she was thrilled with Mandy's most recent story arc.

Stapleton commented: "I don't want to play someone who's normal and boring - I want somebody who's feisty and spicy. I love Mandy. She's got layers, I think - she's deep and she's troubled.

"It's been really nice, actually, with the last few storylines that I had with Vicky Alcock who played my mum. It's fine to put a character on telly and say, 'Oh, what a horrible person', but it's nice to explain why people might be like that. I think they tackled those storylines really well."

She continued: "It's been a nice journey with her this time round, because it's been a lot more explanatory. As I say, it's had a lot more layers so I've really enjoyed it."

Asked whether she would return as Mandy, Stapleton replied: "It's always open, so you never know - never say never. I never said last time that I would never go back. I enjoyed it so much more than I really thought I was going to. It was lovely meeting the new people and cast that I hadn't worked with before."

The soap star also explained that she has been concentrating on screenwriting work since filming her EastEnders departure.

She said: "I've got quite a lot on at the moment. I'm back to writing - I started writing a sitcom before I started EastEnders this time round. I'm four episodes in - myself and my fellow writing partner Mel. So I've got two episodes to finish and then hopefully we'll get it made next year.

"I like to keep busy. Obviously I've been an actress for a long time, and I kind of feel like I've fulfilled most of my ambitions - like I wanted to do a play at the Royal Court and I've done that. I think you always have to challenge yourself and have goals."

EastEnders continues tonight (June 1) at 9pm on BBC One.

Thread Information