Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nicola Stapleton (Mandy Salter) returning

EastEnders star Nicola Stapleton has revealed that her second stint on the show is proving to be more enjoyable than the first.

The actress reprised her role as Mandy Salter last summer after 17 years away from Albert Square, during which she took on a variety of other roles.

Reflecting on her comeback, Stapleton told Celebs on Sunday: "I'm having a great time. I'm enjoying it so much more this time round - you're older, wiser, you understand a bit more how the machine works.

"I've spent the last 17 years really grafting my **** off, so it's nice to be back in a situation where I'm in a real routine."

EastEnders fans have seen Mandy embark on a relationship with Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt) following her return to Walford.

Asked whether she finds the pairing strange due to the age difference, Stapleton replied: "Adam Woodyatt is 43, and Mandy's a couple of years younger than I am, so she's mid-30s, so not really. But it's nice to have everyone thinking that because it gives us juicy storylines to play with."

"I think if we'd immediately put on screen this massive love affair, I don't think anybody would've believed that," she continued. "But I think people can fall in love or fondness can grow over time. It depends what sort of person you are. I mean, I'm not the sort of girl that goes for guys who are strikingly beautiful. I don't like vain men."

EastEnders continues tonight at 8pm on BBC One.

EastEnders newcomer Victoria Alcock has predicted that viewers will be shocked by the antics of her character Lorraine Salter.

As announced last month, the former Bad Girls actress has taken over the role of Lorraine, who is the mother of Walford minx Mandy (Nicola Stapleton).

Lorraine returns to Albert Square after exchanging a series of text messages with scheming Lucy Beale (Hetti Bywater), who wrongly suspects that Mandy's mystery contact 'L' must be a secret boyfriend.

Teasing Lorraine's arrival, Alcock told TV Choice: "There will be a collective intake of breath from viewers because just when you think she couldn't stoop any lower, she goes full-steam ahead.

"Many Albert Square residents didn't think there was a bigger leech than Mandy, but we see where she gets it from now. She has no qualms and she's proud of it."

She continued: "Allegedly she let some awful things happen to Mandy, which may come out in time. I think viewers are interested in the broken shells of a character and she's definitely a broken shell."

However, Alcock added that she wants Lorraine to be seen as more than just a villain.

"You're not just made that way, something happens to make you like that," she commented. "I reckon she was abused, and the abused often then become the abuser, and unfortunately that vicious circle has not been broken. I've tried to play her with a few levels."

EastEnders airs Lorraine's return scenes on Thursday, March 1 at 7.30pm on BBC One.

EastEnders star Victoria Alcock has revealed that she embraced the chance to dress badly on the soap.

The actress confirmed that fans can expect a poor fashion sense from her character Lorraine Salter, who returns to Walford next week.

Lorraine is the wayward mother of Albert Square regular Mandy (Nicola Stapleton) and is quick to cause trouble for her daughter upon her arrival.

Alcock told TV Choice of Lorraine's bad clothes: "The costume lady said, 'Are you sure, Vic?' I said, 'Bring it on!' It's '80s, but not in a good way."

The 46-year-old added that it should be interesting for viewers to see her playing a character who is very different to Bad Girls' Julie Saunders, her best-known role.

She said: "[Bad Girls] was such a top show and I'm still in touch with all the girls. Julie was a lovely character, so people may be shocked to see me playing Lorraine. I'm really looking forward to the reaction."

Lorraine will be on screen for a few episodes before returning for another short stint later in the year.

EastEnders star Nicola Stapleton has admitted that she is not sure whether viewers will sympathise with her character Mandy Salter when her mum Lorraine starts causing trouble for her.

Mandy is left stunned next week when Lorraine (Victoria Alcock) arrives on Albert Square unexpectedly, stirring up chaos for her new life with Ian (Adam Woodyatt).

As reported earlier in the week, Lorraine makes it clear that she sees Ian as a meal ticket when alone with Mandy - but puts on an air of innocence in front of the businessman.

Stapleton told Inside Soap: "Lorraine puts on a big act for Ian. Mandy can see straight through her, but Ian doesn't understand why she's getting her knickers in a twist.

"When Lorraine's alone with Mandy, she's really cruel and cold. But she's very careful how she acts in front of everyone else."

Asked whether the storyline could change perceptions of Mandy, the actress replied: "When you play a really prickly character like Mandy, it's nice to take a look at why they behave like that. Whether it'll make viewers warm to her, I don't know. People love Mandy when she's awful!"

EastEnders airs Lorraine's return episode on Thursday, March 1 at 7.30pm on BBC One.

MANDY SALTER makes a real splash at dinner – as she throws a drink in mum Lorraine's face.

During a family meal, Ian Beale's daughter Lucy (Hetti Bywater) also starts seeing red as she realises that Lorraine (Victoria Alcock) is not only bullying Mandy (Nicola Stapleton) but manipulating dad Ian.

Mandy's ex-prostitute mother was last seen in EastEnders in 1991, and returns on Thursday at 7.30pm
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

EastEnders star Nicola Stapleton has admitted that it was challenging to play her character Mandy Salter's upcoming feud with mum Lorraine.

Lorraine, now played by Victoria Alcock, returns to Walford in Thursday night's (March 1) episode and soon shows a nasty side as she starts bullying Mandy.

The pair's war even becomes physical at one point as the tension between them reaches boiling point.

Stapleton told All About Soap: "They have their blazing rows, but Mandy's petrified of her own mother. She might be good at fending for herself and putting on a front, but Lorraine has a hold over Mandy that can't be broken.

"[The fight scenes] are very dark and were a real challenge to film. I was so scared of hurting Victoria, and we had to get quite violent with each other. Mandy's left shaken."

Mandy is currently engaged to Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt), but Stapleton said that she is still unsure whether the pair will ever make it down the aisle.

"We still don't know," she explained. "It would change their relationship if they did get married - it isn't necessary for them, but it would be nice for them to have a happy ending.

"Mandy's already on her second wedding dress! But if they do tie the knot, all I ask for is that it's filmed in August. It's freezing wearing a wedding dress in winter!"

Lorraine will appear on screen for a few episodes before returning for another short stint later in the year.

EastEnders star Victoria Alcock has promised that fans will soon gain a better understanding of her screen daughter Mandy Salter.

Alcock arrives on the soap this evening (March 1) in the role of Mandy's mum Lorraine, who has been tipped to make life hell for the Albert Square regular in the coming days.

Speaking on ITV1's Lorraine, Alcock said that the storyline will help to show mischievous Mandy in a whole new light.

"We realise how Mandy has become like she is," the actress explained. "I think that's one of the main reasons that Lorraine has been brought to the Square.

"We've obviously seen Mandy go through hell and back. She's had her moments, and once you meet her mother, you understand how this poor girl has ended up like she is. Poor little love didn't stand a chance with a mother like me!"

Alcock also revealed that she relished the chance to portray a nasty character for the first time.

"I've had a lovely career before of playing fairly nice victims, if you like," she commented. "So this is my first stab at it. She's not quite the bitch, but there is something absolutely horrific about her.

"She does not care who she hurts or who she treads upon. She lies, cheats and manipulates - she is so manipulative, all the way through Albert Square. It's just horrendous. But brilliant to play!"

Lorraine appears on EastEnders for a few episodes before returning for another short stint later this year.

EastEnders star Victoria Alcock has expressed delight over the public's response to her nasty character Lorraine Stevens.

Lorraine turned up in Walford last week, shaking up her daughter Mandy's (Nicola Stapleton) new life with local businessman Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt).

Speaking on This Morning today (March 9), Alcock revealed that EastEnders fans are already confusing her with her troublesome alter ego.

She explained: "My poor husband Nick has had so many people say to him, 'I'm sorry, your wife is an absolute nutter'. I think he's sleeping with one eye open at the moment!

"I'm loving it. It's great to be involved in EastEnders full-stop. But I've also got a new-found respect on the street - on the real-life street! People are giving me a wide berth. I can hear the whispers. And when I look at them they go, 'Alright, love? Sorry, love!'"

Tonight's EastEnders episode sees Lorraine's behaviour get much worse. Ian then kicks her out of the Beale house when he finally sees her true colours.

Alcock commented: "She does have quite a volatile temper, that for some reason or another, can turn on anybody. Nobody's safe on the Square - let alone poor little Mandy.

"She is just a nasty bit of work. She's out for whatever she can possibly get. She's just one of life's takers."

Although Lorraine leaves Walford this evening, EastEnders bosses have confirmed that she will be back for another short stint later this year.

EastEnders minx Mandy Salter will leave Walford this summer after splitting from her partner Ian Beale, reports have revealed.

Mandy makes her departure from Albert Square on her wedding day, adding another relationship disaster to Ian's list, according to The Sun.

Whether the couple's wedding goes ahead before Mandy makes her surprise exit is currently unknown.

Nicola Stapleton, who plays Mandy, returned to EastEnders last summer after 17 years away from the soap.

Confirming her departure, Stapleton commented: "I've had a great time at EastEnders, working with friends old and new. Who knows whether Mandy will return? Let's hope it doesn't take another 17 years!"

A Walford source added: "EastEnders bosses kept Nicola on for longer than expected as they are building up to a big storyline for Ian."

Mandy embarked on a relationship with Ian (Adam Woodyatt) soon after returning to the Square last year, but the pair have had a rocky romance with various disputes and rows.

Most recently, Ian doubted Mandy when her mum Lorraine (Victoria Alcock) warned that she would break his heart. Ian's daughter Lucy (Hetti Bywater) has also been keen to split the couple up.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (04-04-2012)

So Ian's bride leaves him on their wedding day - Groundhog Day or what? Hopefully she takes the plank of wood that plays his daughter with her!

Thread Information