Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicola Stapleton (Mandy Salter) returning

Cool Nicola Stapleton (Mandy Salter) returning

EastEnders bosses have confirmed that Nicola Stapleton is reprising her role as Mandy Salter after 17 years away from Albert Square.

The residents of Walford are in for a shock when the tearaway makes a surprise return to the area later this year, stirring up trouble as she did during her teenage years in the '90s.

Viewers last saw Mandy in 1994 when she fled from the Square suddenly, heartbroken after her boyfriend Aidan had returned to Ireland.

As Mandy settles back into Walford life, fans will see that she has grown up slightly during her time away, but she remains fun, chaotic and wild.

Billed as a "manipulative force of nature", Mandy also has a spiteful streak and she is already being tipped to cause trouble for at least one of Walford's well-known residents.

Speaking of her EastEnders return, Stapleton commented: "I'm looking forward to playing Mandy again - it will be interesting to see what she's been up to all this time. I'm excited to be coming back and working with some old friends."

Since departing EastEnders, Stapleton has made appearances in Emmerdale, Hollyoaks Later and Bad Girls among other shows.

EastEnders fans will see Mandy's comeback scenes in the autumn.
    Last edited by alan45; 09-06-2011 at 01:24.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (09-06-2011)

Mandy slater back?

This autumn will see a certain blast from the past returning to EastEnders as Nicola Stapleton returns to play Mandy Salter.

Back when Mandy was in the Square, Phil would cheat on his partner, Ian was a slippery businessman and Pat wore some crazy earrings.
    Ahh how times have changed! But will Mandy be the same chaotic wild child from the 90s? She certainly wasn't a force to be reckoned with, so it's more than likely that she'll be causing trouble for a few residents of Walford.
    Nicola says: "I'm looking forward to playing Mandy again; it will be interesting to see what she's been up to all this time."
    So, where do you think Mandy's been? And do you think this once troublesome teen will clash with anyone in particular?
    Last edited by Siobhan; 09-06-2011 at 09:59.
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Back when Mandy was in the Square, Phil would cheat on his partner, Ian was a slippery businessman and Pat wore some crazy earrings.
    Ahh how times have changed!
    Things havent changed at all

I remember Mandy.. she was with that Irish guy Aidan... I don't mind seen her back... She was brilliant in bad girls..
    Super Mod

Could she maybe return with Ricky's kid?

i was wondering why she was coming back, does she actually have any connection with anyone who lives on the Square? I guess Ricky, but that is about it.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

i liked her in bad girls, i think she can be quite a good actress given the scripts!

WILD child Mandy Salter will make her EastEnders comeback in her underwear - as she returns as a STRIPPER.
    Teenage runaway Mandy - Sam Mitchell's best friend - left Albert Square some 17 years ago.

But despite now being in her mid-30s, the former wild child has turned into even MORE of a bad girl, TV Biz can reveal.

Ian Beale discovers Mandy working in a lap dancing club.

The unlucky-in-love businessman - who will resort to kerb-crawling in a future storyline - is stunned to see Mandy gyrating around a pole.

Realising she is in trouble, he vows to help her get back on her feet.

Nicola Stapleton, who plays Mandy, has spent her first week of filming scantily clad.

A source said: "Nicola doesn't look like she has aged since she left. She looks amazing.

"She found it a bit strange to film her first scenes in underwear and bikinis but she joked that she might as well 'jump straight back in'."

Mandy left the soap in 1994 a few weeks after her boyfriend Aidan Brosnan, played by Sean Maguire, went back to Ireland.

Since then, actress Nicola, 36, has appeared in Bad Girls, The Bill and Casualty, as well as Emmerdale and Hollyoaks.

Announcing her return to Albert Square, an EastEnders spokesman said: "Mandy's grown up a bit but she's still fun, chaotic and wild - with a spiteful streak. She is a manipulative force of nature, so it's likely that she'll be causing trouble for at least one of Walford's residents."

Insiders say Mandy - whose exes include Ricky Butcher, who she bedded in a one-night stand - is set to get her nails into the men of the square.

Nicola has previously claimed that she has been asked to return several times before but never felt ready.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz1RxPVyQzq

why would Ian care if Mandy is a stripper? Were they ever friends?
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    why would Ian care if Mandy is a stripper? Were they ever friends?
    He would know her she lived with Pauline at one stage

He probably offers her money and a place to stay if she pretends to be his girlfriend or worse become another Mrs. Beale

Thread Information