Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lola Pearce (Danielle Harold)

Billy is Phil, Grant & Sam's second cousin. Their great grandfather was Edward Mitchell. He had two sons, Phillip & Kenneth. Grant etc.'s father was Eric Mitchell who was Phillip's son. Billy's father was Steven who was Kenneth's son.

Got that!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

JustJodi (20-07-2012), Perdita (20-07-2012)

EastEnders actress Danielle Harold has claimed that she would sooner have a baby in real life than perform her live birth.

Harold's character Lola Pearce - Billy Mitchell's granddaughter - will give birth next Monday (July 23) in scenes to be aired live on BBC One.

She confessed to What's on TV regarding the challenge: "I'm terrified! I'd rather have a baby in real life than do this live!"

However, the star added: "But it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and it is nice of them to trust me with it.

"We've already filmed the lead-up to the birth and I was knackered after screaming and crying and pretending to push all day."

Speaking to Digital Spy recently, Harold stated her belief that she has improved as an actress since joining the soap.

Meanwhile, Perry Fenwick - who plays Billy - displayed similar apprehension earlier this month over his live Olympics torch run.

EastEnders star Danielle Harold has defended the mothering skills of her troubled character Lola Pearce.

Lola is currently facing scrutiny from a strict social worker over the way she is bringing up her baby daughter Lexi. The storyline comes to a head later this week as she has the youngster taken away from her after being arrested for assault.

Harold told the Daily Star: "It breaks her heart when Lexi is taken away. She is broken, but she is a good mum. There's no reason why you can't be a good mum when you're young and I think it's really good that they're showing this.

"I wasn't glad when I found out Lola was going to lose Lexi, but I thought, 'Okay, at least I get a bit of a break'. It really is hard work playing a mum with a little baby. I'm there trying to keep them occupied while also trying to act and remember lines.

"But it has been amazing working with babies. You just never know what they're going to do next. And I like what it's brought out in Lola."

EastEnders fans will see Lola fighting to win Lexi back in scenes which air later this month.

EastEnders star Danielle Harold has spoken for the first time about her audition for the BBC soap last year.

The Lewisham actress, 20, won the part of Lola Pearce shortly after appearing on Jamie's Dream School on Channel 4.

She told TV Times: "I was more than terrified! I was really crying after we cut, because it was such a relief to get it out of the way."

Due to a long-term bladder illness, Harold only managed to acquire one GCSE during her time at secondary school.

The Walford cast member explained of her turning to acting: "Afterwards, I went straight into work and did waitressing for a couple of years, but it just wasn't what I wanted to do.

"I've always wanted to act; drama was the only lesson I enjoyed at school."

Of how she sees her character, she added: "I did have a really clear vision of how I imagined Lola to be. I didn't go to a posh school, and there were girls there like her.

"And I've tried to take bits of what I can remember of being that age - you think you know it all!"

Harold became the second soap star to act out a live birth earlier this year in a special episode to coincide with the London 2012 Olympics.

Where did they get that Social Worker ? I'll be round everyday - is that a dirty mark on the sink - is that drink , I want to check your babies nappy rash. What is this, a propaganda show for Social Work. Real life kids ignored , visit from these people and can't see kids being starved beaten for months on end. Where I live a mother dad and the mothers boyfriend, the local drug dealers, the oldest boy setting fire to an old woman house cops called, 1hr later brought back and laughs between the cops and the family. Daughter 11/12 pregnant robbing neighbours , and the Social Workers - they are better off with the family. Dear Lord!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to walsh2509 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (05-10-2012)

What a total joke, if they are going to try and protray real life issues, then for god sake, don't make it a joke like that. In real life these people leave kids with kids beating drug addicts and even after several months of visits, still leave the kids with these druggies.

What was that 2 visits and the kid is taken off her ..

What a total joke, if they are going to try and protray real life issues, then for god sake, don't make it a joke like that. In real life these people leave kids with kid beating drug addicts and even after several months of visits, still leave the kids with these druggies.

What was that 2 visits and the kid is taken off her ..
    Last edited by walsh2509; 05-10-2012 at 20:33.

EastEnders star Danielle Harold has described her current storyline as a "dream".

The 20-year-old's character Lola Pearce is currently involved in a custody battle with social workers over the care of her baby daughter Lexi.

The plot has met with a negative reaction from social workers due to the handling of lead investigator Trish Barnes (Tessa Churchard).

Harold explained that she made sure to do plenty of research before starting the storyline and that she has had "fun" filming it.

"When I first started I did a lot of research into care and people who'd been in care," she told The Sun. "I wanted to see how people felt about it because I couldn't imagine growing up without my family.

"When it came to Lola's baby getting taken away I could easily imagine how horrible that is. It's the same sort of pain as someone dying. The worst pain you could possibly feel as a young girl would be having your baby taken away. So I just let it play out and the emotions came.

"It is my dream storyline, it's got so many different levels. There are happy bits, sad bits, angry bits, it's got everything you want. It's a great storyline to play and fun to act out."

Harold revealed that filming so many scenes with a baby has made her broody in real life.

"I found it really difficult. I've never had a baby so I couldn't imagine what that pain would feel like," she said. "I just kept thinking it would be the worst pain imaginable.

"I love playing a mum now and working with the two babies who play Lexi, they are so cute.

"Playing someone who was pregnant did make me a bit broody. I found myself walking around the canteen rubbing my bump. Then I'd get on the train and think, 'Aren't you gonna let a pregnant woman sit down?' because I'd forget I wasn't really pregnant.

"But I don't think I'm ready for one yet. It's nice to give the baby back when she cries."

The actress added that she has found it awkward kissing co-star Jamie Borthwick, who plays Jay in the soap.

"Jamie's lovely. We're like brother and sister. We have loads of banter and loads of fun. With kissing scenes we just have to laugh about it.

"No, I'm not going to say if he's a good kisser! Write this, 'He is a very good kisser... jokin!' I could never see Jamie like that, ever. He's like a little brother and we just have a laugh."

EastEnders continues on Monday, October 29 at 8pm on BBC One.

An Irish politician has expressed concern that Lola Pearce's EastEnders storyline could influence the result of an upcoming children's referendum.

Voters in the Republic of Ireland are currently preparing for a poll on constitutional change to protect children's rights.

The referendum, due to take place on November 10, comes as EastEnders is airing a storyline which has seen teenage mum Lola (Danielle Harold) have her baby daughter Lexi taken into care after being accused of neglect.

However, Robert Troy - children's spokesperson for the Fianna Fáil party - warned that the "EastEnders effect" has led to worry among some voters regarding state intervention.

Troy is quoted by the Irish Examiner as saying: "Quite a few times I have been asked about a storyline on EastEnders where a young mother has had her child taken into care and has faced a very difficult battle to get access to the child.

"People have been emotionally affected by the story and have a real concern about the sort of heavy-handed state intervention that's portrayed."

Troy is seeking to reassure voters that children would only be taken into care in "exceptional circumstances".

He added: "We need to be careful about this EastEnders effect. The reality is that one of the reasons why it took a long time to get the wording right on the amendment was because we had to get the balance right and make sure the State didn't get too much power.

"We don't want the situation here to mirror Britain and this amendment will not allow that to happen. That's why it says the State can only intervene in exceptional circumstances, and that even then, the State action must be proportionate."

Last month, the BBC denied setting out to portray social workers in a poor light with the EastEnders storyline following complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post

"We don't want the situation here to mirror Britain..."
    I think he means "We don't want the situation here to mirror the fantasy world that is Eastenders..."

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (05-11-2012), tammyy2j (05-11-2012)

Thread Information