Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lola Pearce (Danielle Harold)

EastEnders newcomer Danielle Harold has described securing a role on the soap as a "whirlwind".

The actress, who plays Billy Mitchell's granddaughter Lola Pearce, revealed that she had never had an audition before and did not expect to get the part.

Harold told the Daily Star Sunday: "I've always wanted to be an actress. I didn't do very well at school because I became ill in my final year. I worked for a local catering company but I couldn't stop thinking about being an actress. Every night I would search the internet for acting schools.

"I've been very lucky to have been given such a great character and I still can't quite believe everything that's happened to me. It's been a whirlwind."

Harold added: "[Lola's] had a tough upbringing and needs some stability, which Billy provides. I've already had letters from kids who have grown up in care homes saying how much they love Lola."

Harold, who starred in Jamie Oliver's Channel 4 reality show Jamie's Dream School, recently revealed that she is a big fan of former EastEnders cast member Lacey Turner (Stacey Slater).

I'm liking Lola so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I'm liking Lola so far.
    I'm finding her annoying myself

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (27-07-2011), Siobhan (26-07-2011)

I agree with you Tammy.. she is getting on my nerves
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I'm finding her annoying myself
    Me too not a fan of hers I'd prefer if she left than Julie

I think she's a great character. Exactly like Stacey when she first arrived. I think she's a good actress. If she develops like Lacey Turner did then she will be one to watch.

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I agree with you Tammy.. she is getting on my nerves

I totally agree with U,, shes grating on me as well,,,

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    Me too not a fan of hers I'd prefer if she left than Julie
    Julie leaving ???? When was that announced ??????

Quote Originally Posted by JustJodi View Post
    Julie leaving ???? When was that announced ??????
    http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...=julie+perkins

EastEnders newcomer Danielle Harold has warned that her rebellious character Lola Pearce is unlikely to change her ways anytime soon.

Lola has caused a stir in Walford since arriving in the area last month, but her wild antics have disastrous consequences in tonight's episode of the soap when she accidentally leaves young mechanic Jay Mitchell injured as she causes destruction at The Arches.

However, speaking on Daybreak this morning, Harold admitted that Lola is unlikely to learn lessons by toning down her behaviour in the foreseeable future.

Asked whether the troubled teenager will calm down, she replied: "I don't think so! I think she's still really feisty. And she's got lots of attitude, so I don't think she's going to lose that anytime soon."

"It's just been so fun to play someone who's so different from me and who has got attitude," she added.

Harold also confessed that she was shocked to land the role of Lola as EastEnders is her first ever acting job.

"I was terrified, it's just amazing," she explained. "I'm not used to it at all yet. I've watched EastEnders since I can remember, so I'm a big fan."

The actress added: "It was my first audition that I'd ever had, so I was really nervous and I was thinking, 'I'm never going to get it - I'm just going to have fun while I'm there'. I was just shocked to even get the casting for it, so I was over the moon when I actually got the part."

EastEnders bosses announced Harold's casting in June.

Thread Information