EastEnders newcomer Danielle Harold has revealed that her feisty character Lola Pearce will start building some friendships in Walford over the coming weeks.

Lola has caused havoc since making her debut on screen last month and viewers recently saw her grandmother Julie Perkins depart the area after her wayward behaviour became too much to bear.

Speaking to ITN about where Lola goes from here, Harold explained: "She gets into a lot of trouble on the Square and she causes a bit of mischief between some characters!

"But she forms some friendships soon, which will be nice to see. It'll be good."

Asked to name her favourite moment from her time at EastEnders so far, the actress replied: "My entrance - my first scene that I filmed, which was at the care home with the fight. And the car crash! It's been amazing stuff - I've had really, really good luck."

Harold also praised her screen grandfather Perry Fenwick (Billy Mitchell) for supporting her on set as she settles into life at EastEnders.

"He's been amazing - he's really, really helped me a lot," she said.

The soap's new recruit recently warned that Lola will not calm down anytime soon.