Thread: Bill Webster

Bill Webster

Coronation Street star Peter Armitage has been written out of the soap.

The actor, who plays Bill Webster, will leave the show after being told by producer Phil Collinson that there was no future for his character.

"Bill is off travelling with girlfriend Pam in the story. Peter wanted to know where the character was heading as there was talk of him becoming seriously ill," a source told the News of the World.

"He was really surprised when Phil told him Bill wouldn't be coming back. The cast and crew were shocked as Peter is a popular guy. But that was it.

"Peter understands the fickle nature of TV. But people like Bill. He hasn't been killed off so the door is open for him to return one day."

Armitage first appeared in the soap for a year in 1984. He returned ten years later before being written out in 1997 when Bill ran off to Germany with Fred Elliott's wife Maureen. He returned for his current stint in 2007.

I thought he was axed already anyways

Bill Webster? Ah, yes. I remember him, he used to be in Coronation Street, didn't he?

Seriously how can the cast and crew be surprised by this announcement. neither have taken an active role in baby Jack's life despite being his blood relatives. Good riddance to bad rubbish

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Coronation Street star Peter Armitage has been written out of the soap.

The actor, who plays Bill Webster, will leave the show after being told by producer Phil Collinson that there was no future for his character.

"Bill is off travelling with girlfriend Pam in the story. Peter wanted to know where the character was heading as there was talk of him becoming seriously ill," a source told the News of the World.

"He was really surprised when Phil told him Bill wouldn't be coming back. The cast and crew were shocked as Peter is a popular guy. But that was it.

"Peter understands the fickle nature of TV. But people like Bill. He hasn't been killed off so the door is open for him to return one day."

Armitage first appeared in the soap for a year in 1984. He returned ten years later before being written out in 1997 when Bill ran off to Germany with Fred Elliott's wife Maureen. He returned for his current stint in 2007.
    Coronation Street's Bill Webster will return for another stint on the cobbles later this year, it has been revealed.

The show veteran, played by Peter Armitage, makes his screen comeback in September when he arrives back in Weatherfield following a period of travelling with partner Pam Hobsworth. Details of Kate Anthony's return as Pam first emerged earlier this week.

As Bill and Pam settle back in, the pair announce that they are planning to marry, according to a report in The Mirror. However, trouble brews as Pam clashes with Bill's son Kevin.

Unable to forget the destructive affair that her late niece Molly had with Kevin, Pam apparently remains at odds with the mechanic - which has shocking consequences when the stress of the situation leads to Bill having a suspected heart attack.

"Pam still blames Kevin for Molly's death after the 2010 tram crash and won't allow him anywhere near the wedding," a source told the newspaper. "The stress causes Bill to collapse."

Armitage has played the role of Bill on and off since 1984.

Coronation Street actor Peter Armitage has revealed he has beaten cancer.

The actor first appeared on the show 30 years ago when he started playing Bill Webster, and was last seen on-screen in 2011, shortly after his character had suffered a heart attack.

Armitage spoke about his diagnosis with bowel cancer to The Mirror, saying: "I first noticed a problem last May when I was down in Perpignan in France for my cousin's 80th birthday party. I noticed a little bleeding in a bowel movement, so when I got home about ten days later I went to my doctor."

He added: "They say smoking and bad diet could have links to bowel cancer, but I'm normally a fit and healthy sort of bloke."

Armitage went on to say that he has been "incredibly fortunate" but urged others to make sure they get checked out by a doctor.

"I'd like to say to other people - if you see something untoward, get to the doctor straight away," he explained. "Don't let embarrassment put you off - because embarrassment with cancer could kill you."

The 74-year-old also said that he is hopeful about a return to the soap, commenting: "It's 30 years since I first started on the cobbles and I've always come in and out. Now Michael Le Vell [Kevin Webster] has been cleared, Kevin is due back on the cobbles in the spring and they've said Bill is fine.

"I'd like to go back again, too, if there's a storyline for me."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...eating-cancer/

4 years after beating cancer, Peter Armitage has died, aged 78. RIP Peter

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (05-12-2018), Snagglepus (06-12-2018)

He was a good actor

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

lizann (05-12-2018), Perdita (05-12-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...eating-cancer/

4 years after beating cancer, Peter Armitage has died, aged 78. RIP Peter
    rip

Thread Information