Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Four more to leave the cobbles

Coronation Street star Sacha Parkinson has reflected on her decision to leave the soap, confirming that she is "excited" over what the future may hold.

The actress bows out from her role as Sian Powers on the show later this year as her character's relationship with Sophie Webster (Brooke Vincent) comes to an end.

Parkinson told PA of her forthcoming departure: "I'm very sad but I'm very excited. I'm in two minds, I don't know whether I'll regret my decision or not but as it's come closer I know it's what I need to do.

"But it's a sad place to leave because everyone's like a family and everyone's so close."

She added: "But I only live round the corner so I'll be popping in every day."

Parkinson's plans to leave Coronation Street first emerged back in May. Reports have since revealed that her exit occurs in the climax of a love triangle storyline featuring Sian, Sophie and Amber (Nikki Patel).

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Reflecting on her time at Coronation Street, she continued: "It's been amazing. It's been an amazing experience, I've been really happy there. [I've been there] for 20 months, just under two years, and it's been fab.

"When I started, you don't know long you're staying. You think you're going to be there six months and that's it, so it's lovely."
    Wow, Cheryl has been in Corrie for nearly 2 years. Never was a character in a soap for so long and noticed so little.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ellie2 For This Useful Post:

alan45 (12-10-2011), Dazzle (12-10-2011), Glen1 (13-10-2011)

Coronation Street star Holly Quin-Ankrah has revealed that the soap will air a shock fire plot in the coming weeks.

The actress announced the news on This Morning today, confirming that the blaze will tie in with the forthcoming departure of her character Cheryl Gray.

Cheryl is currently in a relationship with Weatherfield cabbie Lloyd Mullaney (Craig Charles), but her old spark with former partner Chris Gray (Will Thorp) has recently been reignited following his brain tumour diagnosis.

Earlier this year, it emerged that Cheryl, Chris and their son Russ will all be written out of the show as the storyline reaches its conclusion.

Teasing Cheryl's departure, Quin-Ankrah commented: "It's not too predictable. It might not be exactly how you expect it to be.

"There is a fire - it's dramatic! Something goes on fire - that's quite exciting."

Quin-Ankrah added that Cheryl will not be killed off in the blaze, leaving the door open for a possible return.

Reflecting on her time at Coronation Street, she continued: "It's been amazing. It's been an amazing experience, I've been really happy there. [I've been there] for 20 months, just under two years, and it's been fab.

"When I started, you don't know long you're staying. You think you're going to be there six months and that's it, so it's lovely."

Rival soap EastEnders has also been tipped to air a fire storyline before the end of the year.
    So there is the firestarter

Coronation Street star Will Thorp has admitted that he is shocked by the way his character Chris Gray is lying about his health.

Chris has been receiving treatment for a brain tumour in recent weeks, but has since started pretending that his prognosis is poor in a bid to win back his ex-partner Cheryl (Holly Quin-Ankrah). In reality, the builder has been told that the signs are looking good for his recovery.

Thorp told Soaplife of his alter ego's scheming: "I think it's horrendous. His behaviour is totally disgusting. But Chris lies so easily he doesn't really consider it to be a bad thing. And if the lie leads to him and Cheryl getting back together, so be it."

He continued: "Chris's brain tumour has strangely united Chris and Cheryl. She has been his main support throughout his illness, right from the first diagnosis really. It has brought his family back together again.

"Chris, Cheryl and Russ are all getting along well and Chris doesn't want to jeopardise that by revealing that his tumour is responding well and that his prognosis is now positive."

However, things start to go wrong for Chris in a forthcoming episode when Cheryl insists on joining him as he receives his next set of test results.

Thorp added: "He panics. Whether he gets away with his lies and gets what he wants - Cheryl - remains to be seen. He knows that if the truth is revealed, he risks losing her."

Reports have revealed that Chris, Cheryl and Russ will all be leaving Coronation Street later this year.

Reports have revealed that Chris, Cheryl and Russ will all be leaving Coronation Street later this year.
    Sooner rather than later hopefully.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

ellie2 (14-10-2011), tammyy2j (14-10-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Sooner rather than later hopefully.
    I'll help them pack .

I don't know if anyone will miss them. Don't think their characters took off proper in corrie.
    M C F C

Quote Originally Posted by ellie2 View Post
    I'll help them pack .
    Yeah me too.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Coronation Street star Will Thorp has revealed that viewers are often concerned for his character rather than angry at him.

The actor, who plays Chris Gray in the ITV1 soap, admitted that he is surprised by the public reaction to his character's decision to exaggerate the seriousness of his brain tumour.

According to Inside Soap, Thorp said: "I've not had any bad experiences with angry viewers.

"Most of the comments I get are from builders who feel Chris is just like them - he's one of the lads as far as they're concerned."

He added: "At times Chris comes across as pure evil. His behaviour is totally disgusting - it's horrendous."

The soap star has previously confessed his shock at Chris pretending that his cancer prognosis is poor in a bid to win back his ex-partner Cheryl (Holly Quin-Ankrah).

Thorp, who is dating co-star Samia Smith, leaves the soap later this year. He has said that his character will leave with a bang.

Maybe the viewers don't really care because the whole storyline is unrealistic and boring.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (22-10-2011)

Coronation Street star Will Thorp has warned that the tension between his character Chris Gray and Lloyd Mullaney could soon come to a head.

Chris is currently holding out hope for a reunion with his ex-partner Cheryl (Holly Quin-Ankrah), who is now in a relationship with Lloyd. In a twisted plan, the builder has been exaggerating the seriousness of his brain tumour in order to win her back.

Coronation Street viewers see Chris have a heart-to-heart with Cheryl later this week as he tells her that he wishes things were like they used to be.

Thorp told Take It Easy of the scenes: "[Cheryl] is touched by this. It really is not ideal for them to be apart when they have a son together. The idea of being a family is appealing to her."

Asked whether Chris's antics could lead to a "massive showdown" with Lloyd (Craig Charles), the actor replied: "Yes, I think so. There has been this simmering tension between the pair bubbling away for some time now, and I think there is only one way to resolve it - and it isn't going to be pretty."

Cheryl, Chris and their son Russ will all bow out of Coronation Street later this year as the current storyline reaches its conclusion.

Thorp added: "I will miss playing Chris. He's such fun to play and I have really enjoyed playing a Northerner."

Thread Information