Thread: New Titles for Emmerdale

Cool New Titles for Emmerdale

ITV has today unveiled a major rebrand for Emmerdale, which includes new opening titles and updated logos.

The soap's new look will appear on screen for the first time on Monday, reflecting a modernisation of the long-running programme and ITV's long-term investment in its future.

Emmerdale's new titles continue to show the drama's picturesque rural backdrop, but also aim to depict its location as a "dynamic yet authentic village of hidden depths, where what you see isn't always what you get", the broadcaster said.

The sequence has been shot in HD and begins with a sweeping woodland shot, which leads to a peek behind closed doors in three of the most iconic sets - the Dingles' house, The Woolpack and Home Farm.

A collection of new logos have been created in order to reflect "different facets of the village" while the well-known Emmerdale theme music has been refreshed with a modernised new orchestra recording.

Emmerdale's revamp was masterminded by branding agency Lambie-Nairn, who were commissioned by ITV Creative for the project.

Speaking of the new-look Emmerdale, the soap's executive producer Steve November commented: "Our aim is to refresh perceptions of the programme. Emmerdale has a unique voice and we wanted to reinforce that by giving it a fresher, more contemporary feel, to reflect the richness and diversity of its characters and storylines."

ITV also recently invested £5 million into refurbishing Emmerdale's studios in Leeds.

I think they will make the soap look so much better. When do they appear on screen? :P

I guess I will get used to them but not too impressed with them

Quote Originally Posted by xcarlyx View Post
    I think they will make the soap look so much better. When do they appear on screen? :P
    They appeared yesterday evening. At first I thought it was a new advert. I half expected to hear the words ''Emmerdale sponsored by Range Rover''

I'm not a fan
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 31-05-2011 at 10:57.

I think they are awful - I dont mind the images so much but they have really ruined the Music - it just doesnt flow.

okay, a lot worse than i expected. awful hate soundtrack. 0/10 marks for emmerdale.

the pictures are kind of ok, if you'd never watched Emmerdale before i'm not sure you'd know exactly what it's all about, at least with the last one it hinted at 'farming community', this advertises it at cosy fireside armchairs and slap and tickles!..and don't get me started on the music!..did they have it playing at the wrong speed or something?
    If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life...With confidence, you have won even before you have started. - Marcus Garvy

I dont like the theme music change

I'm pretty musical but I just can't fathom out that time signature. Anyone else who plays music get it? It seems to be 4/4 then 6/4 then back to 4/4 perhaps. All over the place and that's why it sounds so completely random. It's worse than when they rejigged the Corrie music. Grr.

Thread Information