Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dot's sister Rose

Dot's sister Rose

EastEnders favourite Dot Branning is to be reunited with her estranged sister Rose in a forthcoming storyline, Digital Spy can confirm.

Bosses at the BBC soap have cast actress and singer Polly Perkins in the role of Rose, who has had little contact with Dot for most of their lives.

Animosity between the siblings began many years ago when Rose embarked on an affair with Dot's first husband Charlie.

However, after suffering a bout of hypochondria later this year, Dot - played by June Brown - will decide that it's finally time to put things right and track down her sister.

Billed as "flighty, fun and not one to age gracefully", Rose is very different from Dot and is not pleased to see her after so many years.

However, insiders have hinted that there could be another reason why Rose is uneasy about the unexpected reunion.

Perkins is best known for her role as Trish Valentine in Eldorado. She has also appeared on screen alongside Brown before as they both appeared in BBC drama Rules of Justice in the 1980s.

Speaking of her casting, Perkins commented: "I am thrilled to be joining the cast of EastEnders, the show is a real British institution with an extraordinary creative team. I'm really looking forward to working with June again, who I have been friends with for over 30 years."

Fans have seen Dot left heartbroken this week as her beloved husband Jim was moved into a care home because she could no longer look after him on Albert Square.

Her new storyline will air in the summer.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dutchgirl (27-05-2011), lizann (27-05-2011), matt1378 (28-05-2011), tammyy2j (07-06-2011)

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    I had to look up this woman since I had no idea who she was, looks like this sister is going to be alot younger than Dot http://www.queermusicheritage.us/AUG2004/pollygay2.jpg

wonder if she had Charlie's love child and thats why she is uneasy about the reunion! Would rub salt into the wound if her kid turned out all good!

Wow sounds good

I hope she and Dot have some comedy moments. Dot needs some happy times.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Could be a more recent photo
    Attached Images Attached Images

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalsea View Post
    wonder if she had Charlie's love child and thats why she is uneasy about the reunion! Would rub salt into the wound if her kid turned out all good!
    If I read this correctly Dot is the one who is seeking out the sister ???

EastEnders legend June Brown filmed on location yesterday for scenes showing her character Dot Branning reunited with estranged sister Rose.

As announced last month, former Eldorado actress Polly Perkins has joined the cast of the soap in the role of Rose, who has had little contact with Dot for most of their lives.

EastEnders filming took place at the seaside in Southend, Essex yesterday as the storyline apparently sees Dot track down Rose at her home near the beach.

Scenes shot on the day saw Dot and Rose having "sombre" conversations, hinting at their strained relationship, the Daily Mail reports.

Last month, show bosses confirmed that Dot decides to visit her sister after suffering a bout of hypochondria.

The pair are not on good terms as Rose once embarked on an affair with Dot's first husband Charlie. However, it is thought that Dot is now keen to bury the hatchet.

Perkins's first scenes as Rose will air later in the summer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (07-06-2011)

I hope she becomes a permanent fixture on the square

I just want Dot to have some happy times.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information