Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Eva Price (Catherine Tyldesley)

CORONATION Street's sexy Catherine Tyldesley has hit back at claims she is playing a lesbian.

The racy blonde struts into Coronation Street tonight as newcomer Eva Price.

But the actress, 27, has rubbished reports that Eva will turn out to be gay.

She laughed: “I have no idea where that came from. Eva very much likes men – the older the better, in fact.

“And she’s having man trouble at the moment which is why she’s come crying to her mum.”

Daily Star

Don't like the look of this family.
    May take a while for people to warm to them.

I'm finding it difficult to get past the thought that Stella went with Les Battersby. Do you think Bruce Jones will try to get back in Corrie now.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I guess he might habe been trying before but they will not allow him back, I am sure

Coronation Street newcomer Catherine Tyldesley has admitted that she felt "really nervous" about filming scenes with Michelle Collins as she prepared to make her debut on the soap.

The actress was cast as Collins's on-screen daughter Eva Price earlier this year and the pair made their first appearances on screen last month.

Tyldesley told The Mirror that she was relieved to quickly strike up a bond with Collins, who plays the Rovers Return's new bar manager Stella.

"I was really nervous about working with her because I grew up watching her play Cindy Beale in EastEnders," she explained. "She's absolutely brilliant, though, and we get on like a house on fire. I felt like we clicked straight away."

Tyldesley also expressed excitement about playing Eva, praising her fashion sense and predicting future romance storylines.

"I haven't really played a glamorous character before," she said. "I've always played the sensible one, so it is nice to play somebody that wears a bit of make-up and is trendy most of the time.

"Eva is a bit of a princess. She's an only child, so she's spoilt and gets her own way 99% of the time. She's not bowled over by The Rovers because previously her mum ran a much nicer bar - she's a little bit snobby and thinks the Rovers Return is a bit of a dump.

"She gets bored quite easily and dropped out of university after a year. She's quite savvy and her interests are mainly travel and boys. There's no doubt that she will shake things up quite a bit with the men on the Street."

Tyldesley has previously had roles in Lilies and Emmerdale.

Coronation Street star Catherine Tyldesley has predicted that her character Eva Price will not give up trying to cause problems for her half-sister Leanne Barlow.

Eva tries to keep Leanne away from her family in next week's episodes by secretly ripping up a birthday card that she has brought round for Stella, leaving the Rovers landlady convinced that Leanne has snubbed her special day and wants nothing to do with her.

Stella only revealed her true identity to Leanne (Jane Danson) a few weeks ago, confessing that she is her real mother but had left her when she was a child.

Speaking to Inside Soap about Eva's upcoming spiteful act, Tyldesley explained: "She doesn't think Leanne has any right to give Stella a birthday card. That's very much Eva's territory, so she's a bit miffed.

"She just doesn't want to have to share her mum with anyone - she's never had to do it in the past, so why should she now? She's very close to Stella and doesn't want to lose that."

Tyldesley hinted that it may not be the last time that Eva attempts to come between Leanne and Stella (Michelle Collins).

"I don't think she's bothered about being found out," she continued. "Eva's trying to prove a point and if anyone learns about the card, she won't let that stop her. She'll always be trying to put a spanner in the works and Eva's not going to give up."

Catherine Tyldesley talks to Soaplife about how Stella's love for new No 1 daughter Leanne is making Eva mad - and bad!

Eva's used to being No 1 in Stella's life and she's not happy her mum is suddenly obsessed with Leanne, the half-sister Eva never knew she had. The last thing she wants is Stella and Leanne bonding so she's doing everything she can to stop it. "Deep down Eva's scared she’s going to lose her mum and the closeness they have," says Catherine. And being scared makes her dangerous...

Is Eva jealous of Leanne's family unit with Peter and Simon, too?
    "She is. Eva left her fiance because he cheated on her with somebody else. I think being in a unit with somebody is something Eva strives for and she never seems to get it right, while Leanne has the ready-made family so that makes Eva a little bit jealous."

And she's really not happy when Leanne turns up at The Rovers with a birthday card for Stella...
    "She doesn't think Leanne has any right to be doing it as she still doesn't see Leanne as Stella's daughter. Stella is Eva's mum and it's very much her territory."

So she rips up the card?
    "She's angry. Eva doesn't want to share her mum. She's never had to share anything so why start now? But when she sees her mum upset because she thinks Leanne has ignored her birthday there’s definitely a bit of guilt there."

Is Eva worried she’ll be caught out?
    "She's trying to prove a point by keeping them apart and if she's found out I don't think she'll give up. She'll still try to put a spanner in the works."

Her plan seems to be working when Karl warns Leanne to keep out of Stella's way...
    "Eva’s happy that somebody's finally in her corner because everything's been about Leanne and Stella. Eva's been forgotten and Karl can see that and he reminds Stella that she should be looking out for her other daughter, the one who's been around all along."

We know Stella and Leanne do eventually have a drink together. How does Eva feel?
    "She broods about it and then warns Leanne to stay out of her way. Leanne knows how much Eva dislikes her. It's blatantly obvious."

How far would Eva go to stop Leanne ever being a proper part of her family?
    "At the minute she's so angry. She can't get her head around the fact she has a half-sister. She has the potential to go a bit further..."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

alan45 (03-08-2011)

Catherine Tyldesley has revealed that she "can't understand the fuss" over Michelle Collins's accent in Coronation Street.

The actress, who plays Eva Price on the ITV1 soap, insisted that she would be able to tell if her co-star didn't sound Northern enough.

She told Inside Soap: "I can't understand this fuss. If you actually listen to Michelle's accent, there's nothing wrong with it at all.

"My family couldn't get any more Northern, so if I heard something that wasn't quite right, I'd be the first to say so. I think she and John Michie (Karl Price) are both doing a brilliant job of their characters."

Antony Cotton - who plays Sean Tully in the Manchester-based serial - has also defended Collins and praised her acting ability.

He commented: "Contrary to rumour, the cast and crew of Coronation Street have far better things to do than stand by idly gossiping about Michelle Collins.

"What matters far more than her accent, which is great in my opinion, is the character she is playing. Say what you want about Miss Collins, she's so very watchable. And for that reason, this new family is exciting and intriguing,"

Collins joined the cast of Coronation Street in April.

Catherine Tyldesley gets new six-month Coronation Street contract to play Eva Price

Coronation Street star Catherine Tyldesley is to become a permanent fixture on the cobbles.

Bosses are delighted at the impact of snobby Eva Price since her June introduction.

Producer Phil *Collinson has rewarded Catherine, 26, with a second six-month *contract and option of an extension.

She is being lined up for an explosive romance ...possibly with married Peter Barlow, played by Chris Gascoyne. Rather unbelievable, he is interested in Carla and Leanne, rubbish storyline if true

Catherine had a shaky start after criticism of her on-screen mum Michelle Collins’ shaky Northern accent.

But a Corrie executive said: “Eva has gone from strength to strength, to everyone’s delight.

“We have big plans for Catherine towards the end of the year – she will be involved in some cracking storylines.”

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...#ixzz1ZbuUooxq

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Catherine Tyldesley gets new six-month Coronation Street contract to play Eva Price

Coronation Street star Catherine Tyldesley is to become a permanent fixture on the cobbles.

Bosses are delighted at the impact of snobby Eva Price since her June introduction.

She is being lined up for an explosive romance ...possibly with married Peter Barlow, played by Chris Gascoyne. Rather unbelievable, he is interested in Carla and Leanne, rubbish storyline if true

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...#ixzz1ZbuUooxq
    Hi, I'm new to this forum but I was shocked at this article so had to comment

I find this explosive romance thing with Peter a little hard to believe too! I have a feeling it's a mistake and that Eva will get together with Nick, which will make Leanne jealous and will lead to more problems with Peter.

Thread Information