Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Eva Price (Catherine Tyldesley)

Eva Price (Catherine Tyldesley)

Former Emmerdale and Lilies star Catherine Tyldesley has joined the cast of Coronation Street, playing Michelle Collins's on-screen daughter.

The actress begins filming at the Weatherfield soap later this week in the role of feisty Eva, part of the new family who will be taking over at the Rovers Return from June.

Last month, Corrie bosses confirmed the casting of Collins as new landlady Stella and John Michie as her husband Karl, who will soon be making their mark at the iconic pub. At the time, it was revealed that Stella's daughter would also be joining the show, but news of Tyldesley's casting in the role only emerged today.

Writing on Twitter this afternoon, Tyldesley commented: "Excited for my first day on the cobbles this Friday??? Just a bit!!!!"

Meanwhile, on his own Twitter page, Antony Cotton, who plays Weatherfield's Sean Tully - revealed: "A bit of exciting news, my lovely friend @cathtyldesley is playing Eva in Coronation Street. She starts on Friday!"

Tyldesley had a two-month stint on Emmerdale last year, playing prison officer Abi Peterson, who grew close to Ryan Lamb (James Sutton) while he was behind bars.

Along with playing Iris Moss on Lilies, her other screen credits include roles in Doctors, Holby City and sketch show Skallywagga.

The arrival of Stella, Karl and Eva has been tipped to cause a stir on the cobbles, marking the beginning of a new era for The Rovers.

Earlier today, a tabloid report suggested that Stella will be revealed as Leanne Barlow's real mother after she turns up in Weatherfield.

DS

CORRIE recruit Catherine Tyldesley was in trouble already yesterday after sick online jibes she made were revealed.

Catherine, 27, who started filming on Friday as the daughter of new Rovers landlady Stella Price, disgraced herself with comments she made about an elderly charity supporter and disabled children.

The ex-Emmerdale actress exchanged the ugly banter with former co-star James Sutton, 28, on Facebook and Twitter.

One exchange came after Catherine sat on the knee of an elderly businessman while she sang the blues classic I Wanna Make Love To You at a Red Cross event at Manchester's Midland hotel.

The suggestive Facebook remarks were later seen by senior Red Cross official Edith Conn, 62, who said: We don't need this kind of behaviour.

And a Twitter follower who has a disabled child was furious after the actress appeared to compare pal Sutton to a special needs youngster.

Last night Catherine said: It was never my intention to cause any offence I am devastated.

James said: I'm sorry if my comments have caused any offence.

Coronation Street newcomer Catherine Tyldesley will play a lesbian, it has been alleged.

The former Emmerdale actress joined the soap earlier this month as Eva, the daughter of Michelle Collins's character Stella.

The new family take over the Rovers Return. Insiders told the Sunday Mirror that Eva could play a lesbian, making her the fifth gay character in the show.

However, the news remains unconfirmed by the show's producers.

Last year, Coronation Street boss Phil Collinson said: "We'll look at sexuality in a much more hard-hitting way."

Jean Alexander, who played Hilda Ogden, has apparently described the number of gay characters on the Street as "excessive".

So she's coming in to break up Sophie and Sian then.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

What age is the character suppose to be?

Looks older than Leanne

Has anyone seen the trailers for the new family arriving? I think Caterine's character looks older than Michelle Collin's.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I seen the trailer. My god Catherine looks a lot different than when she was in emmerdale.

Yes, she sure looks different in the trailer

Coronation Street newcomer Catherine Tyldesley said that she felt nervous when she first arrived on set.

The actress is joining the ITV soap as Eva Price, alongside Michelle Collins as Rovers Return manager Stella Price and John Michie as Stella's boyfriend Karl Munro.

"My first scenes were in the Rovers and I just had to take a few minutes and say to myself, I am in the Rovers Return and I did have a bit of a mini freak out!" she told What's On TV.

"It's amazing. The show is just absolutely legendary. It's a brilliant thing to be a part of and I am honoured and thrilled to be a part of it."

Tyldesley hinted that her alter ego Eva will bring excitement to the Street, adding: "[She will bring] trouble. She gets bored with people quite easily. She has always dated older guys because she finds them more interesting."

She went on to say: "Eva is high maintenance. She likes to keep up with the latest trends. She's very spoiled. She expects her mum to keep her in the best wardrobe. She is very on trend and wears the latest fashions. She does look up to the WAGs."

Thread Information