https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...leanor-howell/

An on-screen Coronation Street couple have revealed they are married in real life.

Steve Meo, who played businessman Rufus Donahue, first appeared on the soap in February to help Carla Connor (Alison King) with Underworld.

But after threatening to expose Stephen Reid's secret drug plot, he became the serial killer's third victim just one month later.

Next week, the report into Rufus' death is released and his wife Lou arrives on the cobbles looking for answers.

Lou will be played by none other than Steve's real-life wife, Eleanor Howell, with the couple announcing their relationship on social media.

Taking to Twitter, Eleanor penned: "Well, don?t mind if I do? Delighted to say I'm joining the lovely bunch at Corrie!

"Following in @stevemeo's footsteps, Catch me as my real life hubby's on screen widow! On screen from this Monday? here?s hoping I catch that @todd_boyce."

This content is imported from twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

Related: Coronation Street's Max Turner to receive an ultimatum from Sabrina Adetiba

Re-sharing the post, Steve wrote: "Hugely proud to announce my super talented wife will be appearing in #Corrie from next week on, as my On-screen grieving widow!! #proudhusband."

Although Stephen has been doing his best to cover his tracks, he struggles to hide his guilt at Rufus's memorial next week, but Peter Barlow might inadvertently save him from suspicion, when he confesses that he found Rufus' watch in the back of his car and pawned it to pay for Carla's rehab.

Will Peter accidentally put himself in the firing line and take the heat off Stephen?