Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Eva Price (Catherine Tyldesley)

Eva Price is on a mission to rescue slave Marta from the clutches of the sinister O’Driscolls – but she ends up biting off way more than she can chew when she finds herself in serious danger.
    When Aidan heads round to the house to talk business with Richie, he is put off by his and Julia’s suspicious behaviour and is concerned to notice that one of the bedroom doors is locked from the outside.
    When he reports back to Eva, she is certain that Marta is behind the door and she and her friend Billy Mayhew prepare to head in and rescue her.
    Aidan begs them to wait until the couple have paid their invoice but as Eva and Billy stake out the O’Driscoll home, they are unable to resist the opportunity to head in when Julia and Richie go out.
    While Julia and Richie are heading to Underworld to actually increase their order, Eva and Billy break in and head in search of Marta. They find her cowering in terror and are in the process of rescuing her when the criminal couple return home.
    Having tried to call Eva to warn her that the O’Driscolls are on their way back, Aidan is beside himself and heads out fearing for her safety.
    Noticing the break in, a furious Richie goes on the attack when he comes across Eva and Billy helping Marta. As Billy starts to call the police, Richie throws his phone out of his hands and violently pins a scared Eva against a wall.
    But as things turn dangerous, Aidan bursts in and punches Richie to the ground meaning that the game is finally up for the O’Driscolls.
    Terrified of going to prison, Richie begs Aidan to keep the police out of it and offers to pay for Marta’s return to Poland in exchange.
    What decision will the heroic trio make as they hold Richie’s fate in their hands?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-03-2016), swmc66 (08-03-2016)

Obviously they report him as she will not be safe in Poland as his wife will see to that. What happens to underworld after that who knows

Coronation Street's Catherine Tyldesley is staying with the show for another year

Catherine Tyldesley is set to stay for another year on Coronation Street.

According to The Sun on Sunday, the actress has reportedly landed a six-figure contract to stay on the cobbles, despite hinting last month that she might pursue other projects.
    Her character Eva Price is currently in an on-off relationship with Aidan Connor, played by Shayne Ward, and is involved in the current slavery storyline after Eva found a mystery woman living at the factory.

Tyldesley returned to filming last July after giving birth to her son Alfie in March, and recently revealed that she's been too busy with filming to plan her wedding to her partner Thomas Pitfield.

Earlier this month, she spoke about the amount of research that the cast did for the current slavery storyline.
    "It's something that's very real," Tyldesley explained. "I'm working with a charity called Hope For Justice… and they estimate that there's 20 million people worldwide in some form… who have been victims of human trafficking in some way."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-03-2016), tammyy2j (15-03-2016)

It's really not a good day for Coronation Street, with the show now facing an official investigation over a racially offensive line.

Corrie sparked a backlash from fans last month after Catherine Tyldesley's character Eva Price made a joke about Kunta Kinte, the main character in the 1976 civil rights novel Roots.

We already knew that broadcasting regulator Ofcom were assessing viewer complaints over the issue, but it's been confirmed today (September 26) that a formal investigation will now be launched.

Although an Ofcom investigation doesn't necessarily mean that a programme has done anything wrong, the probe follows 472 complaints from unhappy viewers.

An Ofcom spokesperson told Digital Spy: "We're investigating whether a comment made by a character in Coronation Street was offensive and breached generally accepted standards."

A Coronation Street spokesperson also told us: "We will be responding to the regulator in due course."

The episode, which aired on August 29, saw Eva pay a visit to Audrey Roberts's salon and complain about her hair.

"I have more roots than Kunta Kinte," she said. "No idea who that is, by the way, just something my mum used to say."

It's thought that most of the complaints came from viewers who felt Eva's comment belittled the seriousness of the subject matter of Roots, which tells the story of a slave.

Alex Haley, the author of Roots, said that the character of Kunta Kinte was based on the real-life story of one of his ancestors. The story has also been adapted on television, most recently on the History Channel in the US this year.

Coronation Street previously issued an apology over the row, saying: "We apologise if this dialogue has caused offence."

With this and Marc Anwar's shock sacking, who says all the Corrie drama has to take place on screen?

Digital Spy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-09-2016)

Since the joke about Kunta Kinte was a play on words about the title of the book in which he features and not a joke about race or slavery, I don't think it was racist (although as a white person I accept I'm not the best person to make that judgement and am happy to stand corrected).

However, at best it was a brainless remark made by a vacuous character about a very emotive and politically sensitive subject so I'd say it showed a lack of judgement to have included it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

parkerman (26-09-2016)

I do not t think it was racist either although I was surprised when I heard it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-09-2016)

alot of people are saying it's not racist. All i have to say on the matter is that people have to understand that we don't have right to tell people who were offended by it that they shouldn't be or that they're being overly sensitive, especially when those of them have family who were slaves. im not slamming anyone, im just putting it out there. no hate

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olivia1896 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (27-09-2016), Perdita (27-09-2016), swmc66 (27-09-2016)

Agree it was an unnecessary comment and Ill thought off when we know people may be sensitive to it.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia1896 View Post
    alot of people are saying it's not racist. All i have to say on the matter is that people have to understand that we don't have right to tell people who were offended by it that they shouldn't be or that they're being overly sensitive, especially when those of them have family who were slaves. im not slamming anyone, im just putting it out there. no hate
    I'm not sure why you felt you needed to post that rather pointed remark since no-one here has said otherwise.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

LouiseP (27-09-2016)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I'm not sure why you felt you needed to post that rather pointed remark since no-one here has said otherwise.
    It's just a general statement I wanted to get off my chest

Thread Information