Thread: Airlines - major rip off!!

Airlines - major rip off!!

Just booking flights for October (yeah I do always book in advance) to come back from Germany for a weekend to finish my work. Went to Aerlingus and saw 0.00 for the flight price.. excellent.. with taxes it came to 83 euro return.. fantastic!! or so I thought

click next.. add on 12 quid for booking a flight, click next: add on 30 quid for my bags.. it came to total of 125 euro!!

Lets try Ryanair (bit out of my way but I will give it ago).. they were only 72 quid for flights (including taxes).. then another 30 quid for bags and 12 quid admin fee.. cheaper at 117

But on German wings (gets me closer to where I am going) it is 117 quid which includes taxes, priorty boarding, seat, bags, admin fee and a snack! This is also a low budget airline so how come it can offer so much more than Irish Airlines

Even Luftansa at 125 quid included everything (they have free snacks anyway)
    Super Mod

I used to fly from Newcastle to Hannover for about £45 all in with Hapag Lloyd Express. They're now called TUIFly but they still have the big yellow planes. They don't seem to fly from Newcastle any more though.

I had a quick look, they only fly to Cologne from Dublin. I don't know your dates so I plugged some random weekdays during October in and it came to E109 in total.

https://www.tuifly.com/en/
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thanks.. will look into this later... I just find it a joke that some budget airlines can give you a fantastic deal with no added bit but the likes of Ryanair and Aerlingus give you cheap flight and by the end you have mortgaged your house just for a return flight to Germany
    Super Mod

thats exactly what we found trying to book flights to Ireland in June, usually its like 30 quid, but for somereason its over 100 for each of us!

So its back to the good old ferry for us!

I flew to germany a few years ago and it was £90 total i think I flew there with flybe and back with tuifly

When you sit down and work it out you can nearly always do a better deal with a normal airline provided you book in advance. Two years ago we were able to fly to Cyprus Club Class with BA cheaper than Easyjet or any charter flight by the time all the hidden fees were tagged on

Yes, I've just been booking a flight to Ireland. Exactly the same story. I think Aer Lingus was the worst. Headline price of about £25 finished up as £170!!!

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    If I told U guys how much Kim and I paid for our tickets to the USA,, U would all have heart attacks,,but we are flying BA Biz class from A'dam to Heathrow to Chicago ,,

I ended up going with luftansa (non budget airline) which include my bags, seat and food for 130 euro.. flying on the days I want and where I want.. Aerlingus was given me stupid times to fly (6am flight which means I have to be up at 2am just to get there) and Ryanair was adding on more and more... Pays to shop around and nab Luftansa when they are having a 3 day only sale
    Super Mod

Thread Information