Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Benidorm Series 5

Cool Benidorm Series 5

BENIDORM will return for a fifth season, TV Biz can reveal - and superbitch actress Joan Collins wants to be in it.
    Ex-Dynasty star Joan, 77, is a big fan after her sister Jackie got her hooked.

Author Jackie revealed Joan's interest in the ITV1 comedy in a Twitter message to creator and writer Derren Litten.

She wrote: "Benidorm is totally fab. My sis Joan Collins would love to do a guest shot on it. I got her addicted!!!"

Derren had quit the show - but had a change of heart after the last series pulled in eight million viewers. And Joan's interest clinched it.

He tweeted back: "Joan Collins in Benidorm??!! I ain't gonna let ANYONE else write that. Looks like I'm coming back."

Joan, who starred in 1979 film The Bitch, is four years older than Sheila Reid, who plays Madge.

A possible role could be as a cougar conquest for lothario Mateo.

Guests on Benidorm, named Best Comedy at the National Television Awards, have included Cilla Black, Bananarama and X Factor's Danyl Johnson.

A show source said: "We'd welcome Joan with open arms.

I hope Pauline the alcoholic comes back she was priceless. The scene a couple of weeks ago were her mother was singing the recordbrakers tune what pure genius.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Crissy Rock has been axed from 'Benidorm'.

The 51-year-old actress is to depart the sitcom after four years playing Janey York, who is in charge of the run-down Solana Hotel featured in the hit ITV1 show.

The new series is set to start with the hotel having been taken over by new bosses, meaning there is no longer a place for Janey.

A show spokesperson said: "We'd like to thank Crissy for her contribution over the years."

Despite Crissy's departure, show insiders insist the new series will be more exciting than ever.

A source said: "It's sad but we do freshen up 'Benidorm' every year as new holidaymakers or staff come and go.

"The new series will be no exception, so expect lots of exciting new stories and some special guest stars."

While Crissy won't be seen in the new series of the programme, veteran actress Joan Collins could make an appearance after her sister, author Jackie Collins, revealed her to be a huge fan of the show.

Jackie tweeted to the show's creator Derren Litten: "Benidorm is totally fab. My sis Joan Collins would love to do a guest shot on it. I got her addicted!!!"

Derren responded, saying: "Wow! That's amazing! But what about you too?! We want you BOTH!"

Previous guest stars on 'Benidorm' have included Cilla Black and Bananarama.

(C) BANG Media International

Sad to see Janey go i really don't want Madge to go ever though, so comical

Loose Women's Sherrie Hewson will join the cast of ITV1 comedy Benidorm, it has been announced.

The former Coronation Street star will make her debut when the award-winning show returns for a fifth series next year.

Hewson will play forthright, experienced hotel manager Joyce Temple-Savage, who plans to shake up the Solana resort and make it a four-star hotel, much to the surprise of the regular holidaymakers.

"I am absolutely thrilled about joining Benidorm, I have watched and loved it from the very beginning," the actress said. "I am so excited about being part of such an iconic show and working with an amazing cast."

Hewson added: "My character is so brilliantly written that I can't wait to start filming."

The 60-year-old will also return to Loose Women later this year.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (27-08-2011)

I have such mixed feelings....loved Janie but don`t care for Sherrie Hewson. With the brilliant writing though, I`m sure I`ll get to like her.
    They`d better not even think of getting rid of Donald and Jacqueline Stewart....ever. They`re my fave couple.

My fav is Mateo

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Janice is the best!

i was watching the filming last week at morgans tavern(neptunes), saw sherrie hewson,matthew kelly ,mateo & madge (kissing).the garveys.jacqueline & donald.les/ lesley & liam,gavin & kenneth,sam (with a broken arm this time),noreen. so should be another great series next year cant wait.

no joan collins , but janice looked beautiful ,

Thread Information