Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle Collins and John Michie join as Stella and Karl

From the facebook page

Come back after 9.30am tomorrow (Friday 15th April) to hear our exclusive Corrie announcement! Spread the word and get your friends to 'like' the page. Thanks for your patience everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    From the facebook page

Come back after 9.30am tomorrow (Friday 15th April) to hear our exclusive Corrie announcement! Spread the word and get your friends to 'like' the page. Thanks for your patience everyone.
    Pure publicity stunt.. get everyone to follow Corrie on Facebook and will probably come out with some stupid announcement

8 out of 10 cats prefer Tracey luv to Liz mcD
    Last edited by Siobhan; 15-04-2011 at 09:47.
    Super Mod

With all the leaks and spoilers that are already out in the Public Domain its hard to believe that it will be anything spectacular. If it was a publicity stunt it has suceedd as their facebook page has almost 1 million followers

We can now exclusively reveal former EastEnders star Michelle Collins and Taggart star John Michie have been cast to play a brand new Rovers Return couple; Stella and Karl! Stella holds a dark secret and life is about to get a whole lot more complicated in the Rovers! Sparks will fly!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (15-04-2011)

We can now exclusively reveal former EastEnders star Michelle Collins and Taggart star John Michie have been cast to play a brand new Rovers Return couple; Stella and Karl! Stella holds a dark secret and life is about to get a whole lot more complicated in the Rovers! Sparks will fly!
    WAS that it??

wasn't collins already a rumour??
    Last edited by Siobhan; 15-04-2011 at 10:25.
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    WAS that it??

wasn't collins already a rumour??
    Yes rumoured by me

http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...hlight=collins

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (15-04-2011)

Maybe you should write their BIG announcements for them
    Super Mod

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

alan45 (15-04-2011)

After I broke the news in January

Michelle Collins to join Corrie?
    EASTENDERS superbitch Cindy Beale is heading for a comeback – on Coronation Street.

Michelle Collins looks set to move north after a secret meeting with Corrie’s top boss.

The actress, 49, who played schemer Cindy on and off for ten years, has admitted she would love to return to the soap world.

But since Cindy died in prison in 1998, she was always going to have to wait for another soap.

Her close friend Phil Collinson is now in charge at Corrie and she has finally got the call.

The actress met up with Phil, 40, earlier this month to discuss joining the Street.

But the news is bound to come as a bitter blow to EastEnders as Cindy was one of soap’s most famous bitches.

A Corrie insider said: “Michelle would be a great signing for Corrie.

“She’s known Phil for a number of years so it was only a matter of time before he got her in for a meeting to discuss the possibility of joining the cast.

“The Street has a lot of strong female characters and she’d certainly mix it up a bit.

“Phil is a huge fan of her work and has been trying to get her up to Manchester for a meeting for months.

“He had to get the 50th anniversary out of the way before he looked at bringing her in. But now he’s started the ball rolling he’s very excited.

“Cindy was one of the best soap characters that ever appeared in Albert Square but enough time has now passed for her to turn up in Corrie as someone completely different.

“But of course it will be a bit of a blow to EastEnders. A lot of fans felt they should never have killed Cindy off but it’s great for everyone up at Corrie that they did.”

Michelle met Phil for a lengthy meeting over lunch at a trendy Manchester restaurant.

A pal said: “He seemed very keen to get her on board.

“The meeting seemed to go really well. There was lots of laughing and joking.”

Last year Michelle said: “I wouldn’t turn my back on doing a soap again. I’d like a stint in Coronation Street.”

Daily Star Sunday
    Last edited by Perdita; 23-01-2011 at 05:59.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

alan45 (15-04-2011)

Former EastEnders actress Michelle Collins and Taggart star John Michie have joined the cast of Coronation Street.

The pair are to appear in the roles of Stella and Karl, a brand new couple who will take control at the Rovers Return in the summer.

Corrie bosses made the announcement exclusively on Facebook this morning following their recent promise to share big news with the soap's online fanbase.

Speaking of her casting, Collins commented: "I am honoured to be joining the cast of Coronation Street, the show has been part of my life since I was a child so become a part of it is extremely exciting."

Michie added: "My mum is from Rochdale, my wife is from Grimethorpe - they are both northerners and huge fans. I am from even further north so it is the only soap for me."

A new era for The Rovers will begin when Steve McDonald brings Stella into the business as bar manager after a string of rows with his wife Becky leave the pub's future in jeopardy. Steve is hoping for a quieter life with Stella in charge, but he later gets more than he bargained for when she promptly moves in Karl and her feisty daughter Eva, who has not yet been cast.

Sparks are expected to fly between Stella and Becky as she makes her mark at the pub with a warm but no-nonsense attitude. However, her personality soon starts to go down well with the punters.

In a further twist, Stella is hiding a dark secret and news of her past has been tipped to have "shocking consequences" for some of the street's most-loved residents.

Corrie's executive producer Kieran Roberts said: "I'm thrilled to be welcoming John and Michelle to the cast of Coronation Street. As Robbie Ross in Taggart, John has kept viewers on the edge of their seats for the last ten years. Karl is a very different character for him, though, and the ladies of Weatherfield need to watch themselves as this sexy charmer will quickly make his presence felt.

"Michelle's acting credentials are first class with more than a decade leading some brilliant and memorable drama series. Of course Michelle's soap credentials are superb and in the same way she made Cindy Beale one of EastEnders' most memorable bitches, I am certain she is going to be fantastic as the warm, funny, steely, flawed and larger-than-life northern matriarch Stella."

He added: "Karl and Stella's fiery marriage is sure to keep viewers hooked through 2011 and beyond."

Collins and Michie will begin filming at Coronation Street next month and appear on screens for the first time in June.

DS

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (15-04-2011)

Looks like the Sunday Star got something right for a change then

Thread Information