Thread: 'Hollyoaks' actor in film festival triumph

'Hollyoaks' actor in film festival triumph

Emmett Scanlan has been named 'Best Actor' at the 2011 European Independent Film Festival in Paris.

The Hollyoaks star secured the recognition for his lead role in dark Irish movie Charlie Casanova, which was filmed last year.

Scanlan discussed the prize on Twitter this afternoon, paying particular tribute to Charlie Casanova's writer, director and producer Terry McMahon.

He told his online followers: "Am truly honoured for the BEST ACTOR award at ECU European Independent Film Festival, Paris.

"No better man to receive it on my behalf than the one man I dedicate it to, Terry McMahon."

Billed as "A Clockwork Orange meets American Psycho", Charlie Casanova tells the story of a ruling class sociopath who kills a working class girl in a hit and run before using a deck of playing cards to determine his fate.

The film, which has the tagline "You don't know him, but he already hates you", had its world premiere at a festival in Austin, Texas last month.

Scanlan has been appearing as twisted Brendan Brady on Hollyoaks since August last year.

DS

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-04-2011)

Well done to Emmett - he's one of the best things about Hollyoaks at the moment. I suppose this means he won't be sticking around

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-04-2011)

Looks good, I'll definitely watch it if it comes on TV.

Thread Information