Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EE Spoiler Jim

EastEnders stars and other faces from the acting world have begun paying tribute to John Bardon following the news that he has passed away at the age of 75.

Bardon played the role of Jim Branning on the BBC show on and off between 1996 and 2011.

His on-screen wife June Brown (Dot) said this afternoon: "I am so sorry that John has passed away but hope that he is now at peace after seven difficult years. I shall miss him very much as I loved him dearly. My thoughts are with his devoted wife, Edna."

Perry Fenwick, who plays EastEnders' Billy Mitchell, commented: "I'm absolutely gutted. John was a lovely, lovely man to work with. I'll miss him."

Natalie Cassidy - better known as Jim's granddaughter Sonia Fowler - said: "I never had a real granddad so John was like an actual granddad to me. He was a lovely man and I learnt a lot from him."

Here are some more of the online tributes which are coming in for the popular actor:

Such sad news...I'm honoured to have known him. John was a gentleman and will be missed by all who knew him. RIP x http://t.co/8IuggHc3bn

— Jake Wood (@mrjakedwood) September 12, 2014

Just woken up to the sad news about ( my grandad) branning!! actor John Bardon has passed away. RIP lovely man. pic.twitter.com/WYkWTmmeiI

— Patsypalmerx (@patsypalmerx) September 12, 2014

Jim Branning funny, grumpy,endearing ,mischievous ,massive talent,walford will always miss you RIP john Bardon pic.twitter.com/wNQ5Qbnb3c

— Shane Richie (@realshanerichie) September 12, 2014

Gutted john Bardon passed away today. Such a lovely man. He was lovely to work with also .. Thinking of his family x

— Madeline Duggan (@maddiedugx) September 12, 2014

RIP John Bardon, forever in our hearts!
    Was privileged to not only work with you but to call you 'grandad'.... X

— Dean Gaffney (@deangaffney1) September 12, 2014

RIP to the great john bardon.was a pleasure workin with u all those years ago in East is East.a wonderful talent that will be sorely missed

— Jimi Mistry (@JimiMistry) September 12, 2014

RIP John bardon, a gent to work with, always kept us smiling.

— Robert Kazinsky (@RobertKazinsky) September 12, 2014

RIP The wonderful wonderful John Bardon. A brilliant, funny, clever actor and gentleman. The world and Albert Square are sadder without you.

— DomTreadwellCollins (@dominictc) September 12, 2014

John Bardon. even after his stroke his eyes would still smile x rest in peace Grandad

— Devon Anderson (@DevonAnderson87) September 12, 2014

Very sad news today that Eastenders legend John Bardon passed away. Big love to his family and my on screen Grandma who loved him dearly x

— Declan Bennett (@thisainttherapy) September 12, 2014

An EastEnders statement released today said: "Everyone at EastEnders is absolutely heartbroken to learn that John has sadly passed away. His bravery, dignity and courage in battling against the devastating effects of his stroke were admired by all who had the privilege of working with him.

"Loved by us all, John was an exceptionally talented actor whose humour, mischievousness and brilliant performances made Jim Branning one of Walford's most loveable, memorable characters and we will miss John forever.

"Our love and deepest sympathies are extended to Edna, his truly wonderful wife, at this very sad time. May he now rest in peace. Tonight's episode of EastEnders is dedicated to John, who will be sorely missed by all those who knew and worked with him."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (12-09-2014)

rip

Thread Information