Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capello "I only need a hundred words"

Capello "I only need a hundred words"

Found this on yahoo after a recent press confrence with Capello in which he stated that he only need 100 to communicate with the English players

Fabio Capello has insisted that he needs just 100 words to fulfil his £6 million-a-year job as England manager.

The Italian has been in charge for nearly three and a half years now, but is still struggling to learn the language.

At his press conference on Tuesday he responded to criticism of his linguistic skills by saying: "I think when I speak with them (the players), they understand everything.

"If I need to speak about the economy or other things, I can't. But with tactics, I don't have to speak about a lot of different things. Maximum 100 words."

We don't know what 100 words Capello has decided to master, but here are some stock phrases that we think would make his job a hell of a lot easier.

1. You are my captain
    Could prevent huge confusion when the players look around at each other wondering who exactly is the England captain at any given time.

2. You are not my captain anymore
    Again, a useful phrase that could clear up lots of issues, especially when the current captain gets up to some mischief that merits the stripping of the armband. Should also be said to Rio Ferdinand next time he sees him.

3. Hands off
    Useful phrase that can be used in numerous incidents, such as "hands off the ball", "hands off that striker who keeps diving" or "hands off your team-mate's girlfriend".

4. What did Steve McClaren do?
    If there is any confusion during training or matches, this could help clear things up.

5. Do the opposite
    Standard reply after someone answers question four.

6. Don't 'do a Gascoigne'
    There are all sorts of troublesome things that England players can get up to. Capello would never have any chance of learning them all, but this stock phrase should cover most of them.

7. Shoot THE BALL
    A seemingly obvious message, but could be handy for one player in particular. We won't embarrass him by naming him here - let's just call him Cashley Mole.

8. The big man
    Can refer to Peter Crouch or Andy Carroll or whatever big lump England have stuck up front to try and salvage a match.

9. The little man
    Again, if you only have 100 words to work with, why waste time learning everyone's names? This covers the likes of Jack Wilshere, Ashley Young and Jermain Defoe. He could then also use 'the ugly man' to refer to Wayn... no, that's just cruel.

10. I'll make him an offer he can't refuse...
    What he can say to the media whenever they ask him how he hopes to persuade a club manager to release a key player. (We didn't want to pepper this feature with cheap mafia gags - but we're allowed one, surely?)

11. Playing away
    Capello probably hears this phrase all the time in his line of work, but he needs to learn that there are two meanings to the phrase. It can also mean you have a fixture away from Wembley, Fabio!

12. 4-3-3
    The answer to all England's problems - a formation that can beat any team. Or at least a team that is 15 places below Antigua and Barbuda in the world rankings, at least.

13. The lad was triffic, just triffic
    One way to quash the barrage of speculation surrounding Harry Redknapp succeeding the Italian would be to adopt a few of the East Londoner's mannerisms.

14. Have you got an English granny?
    Worked for Ireland in the late Eighties/early Nineties. Could see a whole new crop of players added to the national pool.

15. What would Jose do?
    The accepted fact that Jose Mourinho is the new messiah could prompt the Italian to adopt this life-changing maxim into his everyday work.

16. Show me your medals?
    Another useful phrase he can use if any Arsenal or Manchester City players decide to give him some lip.

17. Pretend you're German
    To be shouted at any player who goes up to take a penalty for England.

18. Have you got Roberto Mancini's number?
    The Manchester City boss hasn't been in England nearly as long as Capello, but seems to be doing pretty well with the language. If Fabio ever gets stuck, surely he could just ring Roberto for a quick translation?

19. I didn't see it
    People praise the managerial and linguistic skills of Arsene Wenger all the time, so Fabio could slip in the Arsenal boss's favourite phrase whenever one of his players is accused of a dirty tackle.

20. It will cost you
    All Fabio needs to say if the FA ever tries to get rid of him early.

some of them are good!

as for only needing a hundred words i think that says more about the players than it does capello!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (31-03-2011)

My personal faviourite is 3
    Hands off....the player who keeps diving.......hands off the ball.......hands off your teammates girlfriend
    Brilliant but I think the third is reserved for Jonh Terry

My personal faviourite is 3
    Hands off....the player who keeps diving.......hands off the ball.......hands off your teammates girlfriend
    Brilliant but I think the third is reserved for Jonh Terry

LFC FOR LIFE

Capello has resigned as England Manager
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Looks like Harry Redknapp might be taking over from Capello, he did good at Portsmouth and Spurs, I think he would do a good job as England manager

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Looks like Harry Redknapp might be taking over from Capello, he did good at Portsmouth and Spurs, I think he would do a good job as England manager
    I think Harry should stick the season out with Spurs maybe also help out the England team maybe with Stuart Pearce

You got to admire Capello sticking to his principles he was mad over Terry losing the captaincy yet I did wonder why Terry got the captaincy back to start with
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 09-02-2012 at 10:38.

its been confirmed that Stuart pearce will manage England for the next game - so harry seeing the season out with Spurs....?

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Capello has resigned as England Manager
    Another Italian jumping a sinking ship

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (10-02-2012), Siobhan (10-02-2012), tammyy2j (10-02-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    Another Italian jumping a sinking ship
    Very good Lizann. very witty

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information