Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 - 2011 season

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Superb win by Lewis Hamilton in China.

The prize for best drive has to go to Mark Webber who finished third after starting in 18th on the grid
    Totally agree Alan.. Webber was my driver of today... RBR still doesn't have the KERS working... Vettel would have nailed it, even with the tyre wear, if KERS was working.. Bad call from them not to bring him in when the McLarens came in. Would have loved to have seen Rosberg or Massa on the podium too... Every driver drove their socks off today.. best race of the Season so far
    Super Mod

What a race. Webber did a fantastic job. I loved Jenson team radio talk "Webber is coming to get you"

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Totally agree Alan.. Webber was my driver of today... RBR still doesn't have the KERS working... Vettel would have nailed it, even with the tyre wear, if KERS was working.. Bad call from them not to bring him in when the McLarens came in. Would have loved to have seen Rosberg or Massa on the podium too... Every driver drove their socks off today.. best race of the Season so far
    Lewis was able to do three pit stops and still win the race

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    What a race. Webber did a fantastic job. I loved Jenson team radio talk "Webber is coming to get you"
    I loved Coultard's comment after that.. "the only way that could be any scarier if it was said in the dark"..

Well done Hamilton.. don't like him as a person (ditto Alonso) but I do admire his driving
    Last edited by Siobhan; 18-04-2011 at 09:23.
    Super Mod

Vettel wins again but my god what a fabby race... so nailbitting and exciting.. loved every minute of it
    Super Mod

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (23-05-2011)

Oh that was the best F1 race I've seen in a while. Seb had to work hard for his win, but he delivered the goods, and Schumey up to 6th place he's getting there,he's getting there.

Really really enjoyed it and loved the chat with Vettel and Hamilton before going on to the podium.. they are both dedicated to their sport and you can see they both love it and no hard feelings among them...
    Schumacher was fabby, he held off Rosberg for lap after lap.. well done Michael
    Super Mod

I agree. It really was a brilliant race. Superb driving from the top three and so nice to see how friendly Lewis and Sebastian were afterwards. They really seemed to enjoy the tussle. The rule changes have made F1 much more exciting and great entertainment.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (23-05-2011)

I know I am not the biggest Hamilton fan but I do think he is a good driver.. however, it is stuff like this that turns me right off him.. Since Spain last week he first accused Schumacher of holding him up in favour of his friend Vettel... Schumacher came back saying yes Vettel is his friend but he is contracted to Mercedes so it would have been worse to hold Hamilton up... Now he is saying that stewards have to keep an eye on toro rosso as they held him up for their sister team... Just face is Lewis.. you were fast but not fast enough. Vettel kept a very cool head last Sunday and held you off for 30 laps without the use of DRS or KERS.... maybe a few more laps and you could have won but tough, you didn't get over it...
    Super Mod

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (26-05-2011)

I was reading his moan in the newspaper on the bus to work this morning. And I just thought stop throwing the toys out of the pram Lewis. Vettel won because Red Bull have the faster car get over it. Michael did admit to getting out of the road because he knew that the Mercedes car isn't fast enough yet but they're trying, and even if Lewis theory is true would he not have done the same thing to Alonso or Michael himself to let button win.

Thread Information