Hollyoaks stars Rachel Shenton, Rob Norbury and Craig Vye completed their first ever skydive to raise money for charity at the weekend.

The trio, who play Mitzeee Minniver, Riley Costello and Ethan Scott on the Channel 4 soap, jumped from a plane at 10,000 feet in Bicester, Oxfordshire in aid of the National Deaf Children's Society (NDCS).

Speaking of the challenge, Shenton commented: "The skydive was the most incredible thing I've experienced in my entire life! I thoroughly recommend it to everyone.

"The cause is very close to my heart and I encourage everyone to get behind NDCS in helping to overcome the challenges deaf children face in everyday life."

Norbury added: "The experience of skydiving is amazing! It is fun, exhilarating and pretty scary, and great to know we're doing it all to support a really good cause."

Meanwhile, Vye said: "It's an absolute pleasure to be helping a charity which transforms the lives of many deaf children in a big way. Please support the event so that NDCS can continue their much-needed work with deaf children and young people."

Shenton was the first Hollyoaks star to sign up for the event and the cause is particularly important to her as her late father was deaf for the final two years of his life.

After learning British Sign Language (BSL) at the age of 16, the actress has since worked as a BSL interpreter and volunteered for Staffordshire charity Deaflinks, running drama workshops for deaf children.