Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Canning

Neighbours star Christopher Milligan is enjoying another busy year on screen as his character Kyle Canning remains a prominent fixture in storylines.

In real life, meanwhile, the actor was recently recognised with a nomination for 'Best Daytime Star' at the 2012 Inside Soap Awards, which take place in September.

With more dramas ahead for Kyle in the coming months, Digital Spy recently caught up with Christopher for a quick chat about his awards nod and future storylines.

Congratulations on your nomination for 'Best Daytime Star' at the Inside Soap Awards. How does it feel to be in the running?
    "I'm really rapt, it's very flattering and I'm glad the UK audience is enjoying Kyle because I certainly like playing him!"

How do you rate your chances?
    "To be honest, it's such a privilege and a surprise that I'm even in the running - I'll just settle for the nomination."

Neighbours is also up for the 'Best Daytime Soap' prize, so is there anything you'd like to say in support of the show?
    "We set out to tell stories about this group of crazy and unpredictable characters five afternoons a week which are there to entertain, and if the viewers have as much fun watching the show as we have playing our roles - please vote for us!"

It's been another busy year for you on Neighbours so far. What have the highlights been?
    "Definitely the relationship between Jade and Kyle. It's never steady as she goes, which makes it very interesting to play. I've also loved having Kyle's grandmother on the street with him, and Colette Mann just cracks me up constantly!"

You've recently been working with a young actor named Justin Holborow, who's playing Kyle's cousin Harley. How have you found working with Justin so far? And what can viewers expect from Harley?
    "Justin is an amazing talent for such a young guy and he is going to go far. As for Harley, well, he has a habit of acquiring things without paying for them for a start, which is a bit of an issue! He also fancies himself as a ladies' man and has his sights on one of the local girls, which doesn't go down well…"

Can you tell us what's coming next for Kyle and his gran Sheila?
    "Colette has had a bit of a break from the show doing a play so there isn't a lot coming up, but I know there is a lot in store when she returns."

Do you think there's a chance that the Cannings could become the next big Neighbours dynasty?
    "That would be hysterical. I couldn't think of a better rival for the Kennedys!"

The other big news recently has been Gemma Pranita's announcement that she's bowing out as Jade. How do you feel about her decision to leave?
    "I promise it was nothing I said to her… well, maybe it was! No, seriously, I'm really sorry Gem is leaving, but I understand her motivation to try new things. We have a lot of fun playing tricks on each other and trying to go one better. She got me a beauty recently when she put fake dog poo in my script folder. I'm still trying to top that."

Would you like Kyle to remain single for a while once Jade has gone, or do you think his attentions could turn to Kate?
    "I don't think I'd like to see him go back to his wild days, and I think you can do more with the character when he is in a relationship. Does he pursue Kate? I think that union has been tried and tested but hey, you never know."

With Gemma leaving, are you happy to stick around in Erinsborough for the foreseeable future?
    "Absolutely. While there is a room on Ramsay Street, I'm happy to occupy it."

Can you give us any other hints on Kyle's future?
    "Let's just say that while there will be plenty of tears when Jade finally leaves, it's not from who you expect. You see another side of old Kyle…"
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

I hope Neighbours does win an award for best daytime soap,it definately deserves it more than any other daytime soap.

Neighbours star Christopher Milligan has predicted that his character Kyle Canning won't rush into a new relationship following the departure of girlfriend Jade Mitchell.

Jade will bid farewell to Ramsay Street later this year in scenes which air on Australian screens in November and a month later in the UK.

The personal trainer's exit from Erinsborough will come as a blow to Kyle, as the couple have only recently got their relationship back on track.

Speaking to Digital Spy on the red carpet at the 2012 Inside Soap Awards, Milligan confessed: "We all know Kyle - he's not going to take it too well! But like anything, it'll take a bit of time but he'll get through it."

Asked whether Kyle will get a new love interest, he replied: "I'm not too sure, actually. With Jade gone, I think he might stay single for a while and be a bachelor. But we'll see what happens!"

Milligan confirmed that actress Colette Mann has now returned to filming as Kyle's grandmother Sheila, resulting in a "barrel of laughs" on the street.

Meanwhile, on rumours that Chris Pappas will move in with Kyle and Rhys at Number 26, the actor teased: "Possibly - maybe. I know that we do need a new housemate, so he's definitely in the running!"

Neighbours was a big winner at the Inside Soap Awards this year as the show was named 'Best Daytime Soap', while cast member Ryan Moloney secured the 'Best Daytime Star' prize for his portrayal of Jarrod 'Toadie' Rebecchi.

Reflecting on the show's success, Milligan said: "I think it's just stayed true to what Neighbours is and always has been. I think the UK fans really appreciate that, they've always loved that."

The Inside Soap Awards, sponsored by online fashion retailer boohoo.com, were held at One Marylebone in London.

Neighbours stars Ashleigh Brewer and Christopher Milligan have described their characters' one-night stand as a comfort and "moment of weakness".

Kate Ramsay (Brewer) and Kyle Canning (Milligan) will have a one-night stand in an upcoming storyline, despite the fact that Kyle has recently started dating Kate's best friend Georgia.

Speaking to TV Week, Milligan said: "It's almost like a comforting thing. They are both sitting there, having a few drinks, helping each other through a tight spot and then it happens. These two just seem to come back together every so often."

Brewer added: "It is a moment of weakness for both of them. No one takes advantage of the other, but they both find themselves in a situation where they shouldn't be."

Kate is looking for a shoulder to cry on after seeing her former boyfriend Mason growing closer to newcomer Imogen Willis. Meanwhile, Kyle's relationship with Georgia has suffered since his eyesight was damaged during the eclipse.

Viewers will know that Kate and Kyle have got close before. Last year, whilst Kyle was dating Jade, he shared a kiss with Kate.

Brewer said: "This isn't the first time they have given in to their attraction but it is the first time they've slept together. It's the furthest they have pushed the boundaries."

Speaking about the repercussions of their one-night stand, Milligan said: "When they wake up, they realise what they have done and start freaking out.

"They agree to keep quiet but Kyle doesn't know how long he can. He can't hold on to things.

"He isn't one to keep secrets and he can't walk around with this guilt on his shoulders."

damn you kate

Elsewhere on Ramsay Street, Kyle Canning makes a costly mistake as he stares directly at the eclipse without wearing eye protection.

Kyle (Christopher Milligan) does so after his mischievous pet dog Bossy runs off with his safety glasses.

Watching the eclipse regardless, Kyle seriously damages his retinas and loses his vision.

When Kyle later pays a visit to the hospital with girlfriend Georgia (Saskia Hampele), he's told that he must wear eye patches for a few weeks. However, with all of his loved ones immediately going overboard in their efforts to support him, it's clear that proud Kyle will struggle with the loss of his independence.

© Channel 5
    Georgia and Kyle hope for the best.

© Channel 5
    Karl talks Kyle through his prognosis.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-06-2013)

Channel 5 has released its own trailer for the upcoming Neighbours eclipse episode.

The dramatic edition of the Aussie soap sees four major storylines play out as darkness descends on Erinsborough.

Watch the promo by hitting play below:

As previously reported, the eclipse special features the shock return of Mark Brennan (Scott McGregor) and the reappearance of Brad Willis with former Home and Away actor Kip Gamblin now playing the part.

Elsewhere, Kyle Canning damages his vision after staring at the eclipse without eye protection, while Lucas Fitzgerald and Vanessa Villante are left devastated as Steph Scully kidnaps their baby son Patrick.

See our full picture preview of the eclipse storylines here.

Neighbours airs the big episode on Monday, June 17 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-06-2013), lyndapym (11-06-2013)

This is the moment that Neighbours housemates Kyle Canning and Kate Ramsay seek comfort in each other's arms next month.

The pair grow closer again as they have a heart-to-heart over their troubled love lives.

© Channel 5
    Kyle confides in Kate.

Viewers will see that Kyle (Christopher Milligan) is feeling depressed after ending his relationship with Georgia Brooks. Their split comes as Kyle is fed up with Georgia smothering him following his vision loss.

Kate (Ashleigh Brewer), meanwhile, is nursing a broken heart of her own as Mason Turner has dumped her after learning that she shared a kiss with old flame Mark Brennan.

As Kyle and Kate drown their sorrows at the share house, a candid exchange between the pair leads to them sleeping together.

Technically Kyle and Kate are both single, but they feel terrible afterwards as they know that they've betrayed Georgia.

© Channel 5
    Kyle and Kate kiss.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, July 3 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-06-2013)

Neighbours' Kate Ramsay and Kyle Canning will be thrown into further jeopardy when they are forced to take part in a fake wedding ceremony.

Kate (Ashleigh Brewer) and Kyle (Chris Milligan) are still reeling from their one-night stand which saw them betray their respective partners Mason Turner and Georgia Brooks.

However, the pair are made to put their shame behind them as they pose as bride and groom for a series of intimate photos for the new Lassiter's complex wedding brochure.

Kate is furious with Paul when she turns up at the photoshoot to discover that he has roped Kyle in to be the groom.

Kate angrily tells Kyle that if she had known he was taking part, she would never have agreed to it.

Things become even more awkward for the pair when Paul asks Kyle to kiss Kate to make the photos look more realistic.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s14/n...te-secret.html

Neighbours actor Christopher Milligan has shared new gossip on the current Kyle and Kate storyline in a behind-the-scenes video.

Kyle and Kate are trying to prevent anyone else from finding out that they had a one-night stand after briefly breaking up with their respective partners Georgia and Mason.

Chris Pappas has already agreed to keep the pair's secret, but another character will soon be brought into the storyline and pose fresh problems.

Milligan, who plays Kyle, commented: "Kate and Kyle, as you know, have done the dirty. And we now have a new character coming in and she's a bit suspicious on us..."

He added: "Kate and Kyle are very guilty and paranoid at the moment!"

Thread Information