Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mrs Browns Boys

Mrs Browns Boys

Mrs Browns Boys
    This is a comedy which is on BBC1 Mondays at 10-30
    This is funny, but if you do not like foul language or sexual references, do not watch.

I don't find it funny at all.. and it has nothing to do with the language or sexual reference. I can't stand Brendan O'Carroll.. he really really annoys me but my parents find this funny
    Super Mod

I dont find it funny either but my mam loves it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (15-03-2011)

I'm not too keen on him but I love the jokes. I was poorless last night when she came into the funeral wake.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Good news for all fans of our favourite Irish matriarch from the BBC Press Office...

BBC One's hit comedy Mrs. Brown's Boys has been recommissioned for a second series by Danny Cohen, Controller, BBC One, and Cheryl Taylor, Controller, Comedy Commissioning.

The series was based on the sell-out theatre show which is written by and stars Brendan O'Carroll as Agnes Brown, a Dublin matriarch who just can't resist interfering in the lives of her family and friends.

The cast of the television show features the regular cast of Mrs. Brown's Boys on stage, and includes Brendan's real-life wife Jennifer Gibney as Cathy, his daughter Fiona O'Carroll as Maria, his son Danny O'Carroll as Buster, and his sister Eilish O'Carroll as Winnie McGoogan.

Responding to the news of the recommission Brendan said: "This is unbelievable! I'm just thrilled that the BBC continues to have confidence in the show. The support we have had from all involved from Danny Cohen and Mark Freeland and BBC Scotland makes us just so excited to get back there and do it all again. Producer Stephen McCrum promised me that he would be faithful to the stage show and he has gone beyond this in making the show the success it is. I am living the dream."

Cheryl Taylor, Controller, Comedy Commissioning said: "Despite the rarefied language, the warmth of this series and the laugh out loud comedy antics have proved a huge hit with BBC One viewers."

She's solved many dilemmas including how to hide a moustache and how to come out to your mammy.

Look out next week as Mrs. Brown will be back with a final message for all the mammys in time for Mother's Day.

Mrs. Brown's Boys is a BBC Vision Production, co-produced with BOCPIX and RTE. The series is produced by Stephen McCrum & executive produced by Mark Freeland. The series is directed by Ben Kellett. The executive producer for RTE is Justin Healy.

The new series will return to BBC One later this year.

BBC News

Mrs Brown's Boys may not return to BBC One until late 2014, a report suggests.

The sitcom has proven a huge ratings hit for BBC One, but viewers may have to wait almost two years for a fourth series due to creator and star Brendan O'Carroll's busy schedule, Broadcast claims.

O'Carroll is said to be focusing on a Mrs Brown's Boys live tour, as well as a planned movie based on the series.

The show recently triumphed at the 2013 National Television Awards, beating Absolutely Fabulous, Benidorm and The Big Bang Theory to win the title of best situation comedy.

After winning the award, O'Carroll claimed that he writes Mrs Brown's Boys "for the audience" and that he doesn't care about the sitcom's mixed critical reception.

The third series of Mrs Brown's Boys concludes on Monday (February 4) at 9.30pm on BBC One

Mrs Brown’s Boys to return to BBC One at Christmas

Following the huge success of the latest award-winning third series of Mrs Brown’s Boys, the BBC can announce that Danny Cohen, Controller, BBC One and Shane Allen, Controller, Comedy Commissioning, have commissioned two Christmas specials of BBC One’s In-House produced hit sit-com, Mrs Brown’s Boys, to air later this year.

The third series, currently airing Monday nights on BBC One at 9.30pm, has seen viewing figures averaging at 14.4 million across all platforms. Two Christmas specials that transmitted on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day 2012, were enjoyed by an average audience of 15 million across all platforms.

Mrs Brown’s Boys is created, written by and stars Brendan O’Carroll as misbehaving matriarch Agnes Brown. The television series features a regular cast, including Brendan’s real-life wife Jennifer Gibney as Agnes’s daughter Cathy, his daughter Fiona O’Carroll as Maria, his son Danny O’Carroll as Buster and his sister Eilish O’Carroll as Winnie McGoogan.

Danny Cohen, Controller BBC One says: “I'm absolutely delighted to confirm that Mrs Brown’s Boys will be spending Christmas 2013 on the channel with two special episodes."

Mark Freeland, BBC’s Head of Comedy, says: “Last Christmas Agnes Brown was stuck halfway up the Christmas tree. This year in every way she will be the star at the very top. I can’t wait.”

Brendan O’Carroll said: “I'm thrilled that the BBC has asked us to be part of its Christmas again this year. It's a great privilege to be invited into people's homes at such a magical time of year."

Mrs Brown's Boys is a BBC Scotland/BBC Productions co-production with BOCPIX, in association with RTE.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Mrs Brown’s Boys to return to BBC One at Christmas

Following the huge success of the latest award-winning third series of Mrs Brown’s Boys, the BBC can announce that Danny Cohen, Controller, BBC One and Shane Allen, Controller, Comedy Commissioning, have commissioned two Christmas specials of BBC One’s In-House produced hit sit-com, Mrs Brown’s Boys, to air later this year.

The third series, currently airing Monday nights on BBC One at 9.30pm, has seen viewing figures averaging at 14.4 million across all platforms. Two Christmas specials that transmitted on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day 2012, were enjoyed by an average audience of 15 million across all platforms.

Mrs Brown’s Boys is created, written by and stars Brendan O’Carroll as misbehaving matriarch Agnes Brown. The television series features a regular cast, including Brendan’s real-life wife Jennifer Gibney as Agnes’s daughter Cathy, his daughter Fiona O’Carroll as Maria, his son Danny O’Carroll as Buster and his sister Eilish O’Carroll as Winnie McGoogan.

Danny Cohen, Controller BBC One says: “I'm absolutely delighted to confirm that Mrs Brown’s Boys will be spending Christmas 2013 on the channel with two special episodes."

Mark Freeland, BBC’s Head of Comedy, says: “Last Christmas Agnes Brown was stuck halfway up the Christmas tree. This year in every way she will be the star at the very top. I can’t wait.”

Brendan O’Carroll said: “I'm thrilled that the BBC has asked us to be part of its Christmas again this year. It's a great privilege to be invited into people's homes at such a magical time of year."

Mrs Brown's Boys is a BBC Scotland/BBC Productions co-production with BOCPIX, in association with RTE.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

I dont find this funny either?

I dont get the 'man dressed as woman' funny bit?

when i do laugh, I'm reminded of Bread with mam and the family - and that worked fine with a woman playing the woman?

or am I missing something?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (03-02-2013)

This show has been the highlight of my week for the past few weeks! It's so funny!!
    Watching it in the pub, while working, is great fun too. Everybody loves it and laughs loads. Great atmosphere
    Shall miss it Roll on Christmas!! Finally something decent to watch at Chrsitmas!!

Thread Information