Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waking the Dead Series 9

Waking the Dead Series 9

This returned to our screens last night. Did anyone watch it? Looks like there will be five stories this series, playing out every Sunday/Monday night. It's the final ever series though

I have a theory about the conclusion to this week's story which I may post up later

That poor policewoman at the end of last night's episode though! She seemed really nice... what a horrible way to go.

Yes, I saw it. A promising beginning to the new relationship of equals. Let's hope it progresses in the manner it started.

As for the story otself, quite a disturbing episode. What with that funereal couple and all.

What's your theory, DaVey?

My theory may be too straightforward and ridiculous but after Boyd watched that videotape and the little girl wished that she didn't want to see doctors any more, my theory is that Donald may have helped his daughter to die and end her suffering. He pays the old couple £100,000 to make it happen. He then feels guilty about helping to end his daughter's life, so he leaves home...whilst he has 'disappeared', he goes to see Denise and she finds out what he's done and murders him.

Denise goes to see his wife and reveals what her husband has done but lies and says he has fleed the country. The wife is devastated and confused. She tracks down the elderly couple, confronts them but the confrontation goes wrong. The wife ends up accidentally killing the both of them (somehow). She panics and phones Denise, and the wife and Denise both hide the bodies. Believing her husband is still alive, the wife is hoping the Cold Case team can track Donald down so he can come back to the family and explain everything.

Though that still doesn't explain how the nurse would be involved in it all...
    Last edited by DaVeyWaVey; 14-03-2011 at 12:45.

Nice try but no banana.

I didn't think it would be the mum! Did you suspect her at all? What a brilliant story!

No, I must admit it fooled me as well. I agree, an excellent start to the last series.

I'm going to watch this week's episodes tonight. I saw it advertised on the iplayer the other day.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Waking The Dead – Conviction: Part 1 Ep 7/10
    Sunday 3 April
    9.00-10.00pm BBC ONE

Spoiler:
    Karl Barclay, a medical student missing for six years, comes to the attention of the Cold Case team when his DNA matches that of a corpse also found six years ago in Hales reservoir, in the fourth story of the new series of the crime drama. As Eve discovers signs of torture on the corpse, Boyd wants to know why the case hadn't rung alarm bells earlier, and becomes increasingly suspicious that there has been a cover up.

Boyd learns of the family tension that erupted when Karl's evangelical Christian mother, Lisbetta, discovered his conversion to Islam. Meanwhile, Karl's secret stash of Islamic material seems to point to a terror plot. Via her all-knowing ex-colleagues in counter-terrorism, Sarah confirms that Karl was on a watch list.

An increasingly unhinged Lisbetta attacks a member of the public, insisting he killed her son. After Boyd tells Gideon and Jakob that Karl was on the police's watch list – suspected of terrorist activity – Lisbetta admits to Gideon that she "had to stop" Karl...

Monday 4 April
    9.00-10.00pm BBC ONE

Waking The Dead – Conviction: Part 2

Spoiler:
    The Cold Case Squad consider Karl as a would-be bomber who, backing out of a planned atrocity, was killed by his fellow extremists, as the latest story in the crime drama concludes. However, key forensics indicates that Karl fell to his death from an airplane, pointing to an unpalatable possibility – state murder and cover up.

Aware that Sarah has recently made an official recommendation for Boyd's removal, MI5 manipulate the crippling self-doubt that has dominated Sarah since the operation that left her colleague dead. Meanwhile, she feels a profound guilt for misjudging Boyd – the one person who may be able to redeem her.

As the Cold Case team crack the real identities of the players, they find themselves pitted against an uncompromising and powerful set of adversaries.
    Last edited by Perdita; 17-03-2011 at 18:14.

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post
    I didn't think it would be the mum! Did you suspect her at all? What a brilliant story!
    I did not suspect her at first, then the more I thought about the disorder she had, then I thought MAYBE,, BUT IT WAS BRILLIANTLY DONE !!!!

Did anybody else find the man and woman in black creepy? They freaked me out, I kept seeing them when I closed my eyes at night and they were in a dream.

I thought the story was very, very dark but brilliantly written and acted. I loved the twist with the mother turning out not to have cancer and being a murdered. Looking forward to see if next week can top these two episodes.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information