Thread: benidorm

benidorm

who is the singer who sings in the bar at night. its driving me mad. they don't give him any credit in the cast list.yes I know I'm sad watching it, but it makes me laugh

A singer who made his name in the clubs of Sunderland is set to become a star of the small screen tonight.

Entertainer Shaun Foster-Conley will appear in ITV's award-winning show Benidorm and is set to appear in three more episodes.

The 36-year-old, who performs at the popular resort for up to seven months in a year, revealed that writers had been planning to include him in the script from the start.

Shaun, who lives in Fence Houses but is originally from Red House, Sunderland, said: "They approached me three years ago and said they wanted to write me into the script.

"They have written me into the third series, and I went out and filmed it and it was a great experience.

"I sing five songs in the show and I do have speaking parts."

Shaun first took to the stage when he was only five with his dad Peter, who was in a band called The Apaches.

And for the last 16 years, the former shipyard worker has been wowing audiences all over the world with his vocal talents.

He was named North East male vocalist of the year tin 2003, 2004 and 2005, and topped the bill in a "One Night In Vegas" theatre production.

And he was crowned an ambassador for the city by Sunderland City Council – putting him alongside the likes of Eurythmics star Dave Stewart and Kate Adie.

But the dad-of-two says appearing in Benidorm is definitely the highlight of his career so far.

Shaun, who is married to Angela and has two children Robyn, 12, and Fraser, 11, said: "It was a great experience to see professional actors at work.

Quote Originally Posted by fraggle1961 View Post
    who is the singer who sings in the bar at night. its driving me mad. they don't give him any credit in the cast list.yes I know I'm sad watching it, but it makes me laugh
    Fraggle I love watching Benidorm so we can be sad together. Its the one-liners I laugh at. Loving Liam and Sam. Wonder who she was doing the horizontal jog with last night. i bet it was Mataeo.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information