View Poll Results: Was Axing Den a mistake?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 44.74%
  • No

42 55.26%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Axing Den....big mistake!?!

anyone can have a sig
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Di Marco will you go through it with Matty he was having problems

Personally, I liked him cioming back, it was original and Den casued so much conflict, what with Dennis and Sharron. Anwya, matter of opinion I guess

Quote Originally Posted by phils little sister
    Di Marco will you go through it with Matty he was having problems
    once youve uploaded the pics, copy the address in your sig (you can get to this by going on user cp then edit signiture) once youve copied the address write [IMG] at the beginning of the address and [/IMG] at the end of the address and make sure there are no spaces. then click on save signiture and it should work
    (soz for going off topic)
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

if he'd satyed he'd only of split shannis up

bondboffin

If the writers had made Den into the likeable character he was in the 80's then I think it would have worked, but he was destroyed. When a character starts turning on their own family you know they've had it. 'Family' is a very important concept in EE, and Den just didn't get it.

It would probably have been unrealistic, but personality transplants are common in EE. If they had changed his character for the better, kept his dodgy side, but have him come round to the fact that Sharon and Dennis were in love, and also lost a bit of his obessiveness towards his daughter. They may have got away with an about turn. Stopped him getting to the point of destruction, but I think it was more to do with what the actor got up to in his personal life that made them to decide to axe Den.

Personally I don't think Leslie Grantham's life, has anything to do with how good an actor he is. But the decision was made. In the end I think it was the right step for Den to leave the show, but if his character hadn't of turned out the way he did, I would definetely think differently.

After much thought on the subject and through watching a lot of DVD's, yes I think it was time for Leslie to move on and Den to go. But miss him I do! I miss the dynamic and I'm slightly worried things with Shannis won't be the same without him. I 'spose for us (and Chrissie) he'll never quite leave Walford!
    Last edited by squarelady; 18-06-2005 at 00:06.

Forever Loving TAO - Messageboard for all Tracy Ann or Chrissie fans!

Folks you are missing the point. DEN was murdered by a gunman at the side of Walford Canal, had a funeral and was buried so in actual fact it was impossible for him to return. Its a simple as that. There is only one man who returned from the dead and that was 2000 years ago.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Leicestershire in the middle of the United Kingdom
    He should never have been brought back unless they had decent and REAL storylines to go with it the EE bosses ruined the image of Den and turned him into a grubby, seedy dirty old man
    Thanks Jessie Wallace For My Fab Banner

But no matter how good the storylines they had the simple FACT is that DEN was dead
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Thread Information