View Poll Results: Was Axing Den a mistake?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 44.74%
  • No

42 55.26%
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Axing Den....big mistake!?!

Axing Den....big mistake!?!

With the return of Phil, Grant and Peggy Mitchell, I cannot help but think axing Den was one of the biggest mistakes EE has made. Currently their ratings are poor and if you watch an episode it is clear to see why its just boring at the moment.

Just think of the storylines he could have had when Phil and Grant came back (Grant and Den meeting would have been fantastic). Grant wanting to get Den and Dennis for stiching up Phil, once Phil was out they could have had a Phil/Grant v Den/Dennis fued along with Johnny Allen in the middle of it. I think that storyline would have boosted the ratings for Eastenders and brought some much anticipated action to the show, fair enough the Mitchells coming back will improve the ratings anyway but with Phil, Grant, Den and Dennis a Mitchells v Watts fued would have been fantastic.

It was said John Yorke was furious with LB for axing Den as I believe he would have loved to have kept Den and used him in such ways....I bet he feels like I do about it lol.

Matty L

No i never liked Den being back

I don't think it was a mistake, he'd served his purpose, you can't have too much of a good thing [unless it's Shannis]

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricToes
    I don't think it was a mistake, he'd served his purpose, you can't have too much of a good thing
    Exactly.
    'When you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?'

He should NEVER have been brought back. The man was murdered ffs. Another case of the producers treating the viewers with contempt.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

I thought him coming back worked...I might not have liked him but it made good viewing!

His comeback was totally implausible. The story had more holes than a colander
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

They could have kept him for a bit longer

I know, its a shame, I like your banner, very good, I take it your favourite characters are like mine....the Mitchells, who is your favourite one?

In my opinion the biggest mistake EE has ever made,my mams refused to watch since that night so has a lot of her friends,for a lot of us Ee will never be the same again,1 thing though i don't think it was LB who axed him'he said he had a great working relationship with her and liked her'it was KH 1 who it was reported yorke was furious with and she got axed wihin days of yorke going,whats that saying-what goes round ,comes round-bye-bye KH

Thread Information