Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nick Miles (Jimmy King, 'Emmerdale') DS Interview

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I guess she could also claim Child Support from him ???
    no as he had no knowledge of her using his sperm, and without his permission

another fantasy storyline from people with nothing better to think of!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

Perdita (22-09-2014)

How lucky she is calling her child Carl too

Sorry but are you buying this storyline with Juliet? Do you trust her? Also i cant believe how Jimmy cant see how upsetting this is for Nicola.

Emmerdale star Nick Miles has said that Jimmy and Nicola King should stay together despite their recent marriage problems.

The couple's relationship has been tested in recent weeks following the shock revelation that Jimmy has inadvertently fathered a baby boy due to a mix-up at the sperm bank.

The storyline takes a new twist next week after the youngster's mother Juliette insists that Jimmy has no further contact with his son.

Juliette's big decision then prompts Nicola (Nicola Wheeler) to tell Jimmy that they should try for another child of their own, which will mean him undergoing a vasectomy reversal.

Discussing the rocky road for the Kings, Miles commented: "My favourite on-screen partner without a doubt is Nicola Wheeler. I love her to bits and I love playing scenes with her.

"We've almost got a telepathy now. I know that sounds corny, but we usually turn up with the same idea of how to play a scene. If we haven't got the same idea, she usually wins, I'll be honest!

"Our characters were never involved with each other at first, but we became mates off screen before we worked together. I think that helped a lot."

Jimmy tries to explain to Nicola.
    © ITV
    Nicola and Jimmy

He continued: "I hope they do stay together. There was a moment about eight or nine months back where the storylines were heading in a direction where I thought they might be broken up.

"I went and asked Emmerdale's producer Kate Oates about it and she said, 'I can't break you two up, the audience won't let me!' I hope that's true!

"As for whether they should have another baby, I'd love them to but it's a question of, 'Do you want your character to be happy?' If Jimmy is really happy then they'll never write about him! He needs to be a little unhappy or he'll never appear in the show, but Jimmy would love another child."

Nicola pushes Jimmy into a corner. Could Nicola's resolve change?
    © ITV
    Nicola and Jimmy will consider having another baby

Miles also defended the storyline involving baby Carl, pointing out that the medical mix-up wasn't as far-fetched as it may seem.

He admitted: "My reaction to the mix-up at the sperm bank was kind of like, 'What, how did that ever happen?' But then you think for a minute - how many stories have there been this year of things going wrong in the health service? Actually of course it could happen."

Emmerdale star Nick Miles has predicted that his character Jimmy King will become a target for the village's schemers once his wife Nicola leaves for Dubai.

Next week's episodes see Nicola (Nicola Wheeler) fly out for her new job abroad, leaving Jimmy behind as he doesn't want to go with her.

Nicola's new post will keep her busy for the next six months, but show bosses are keeping tight-lipped about whether she departs on good terms with Jimmy or not.

Speaking about how Jimmy will cope without his wife, Miles laughed: "It'll be a disaster! I think there are already plans for him to be preyed on by just about every schemer in the village. They're lining up to take advantage without Nicola around.

"Jimmy depends on Nicola, and even though she's difficult, she's absolutely essential to him. I can't imagine them apart and the next six months are going to be hideous, to be honest. I'm not looking forward to it!

"Nicola Wheeler has been the best person to work with in my entire career. We have a good laugh and I miss her when she's not there."

Jimmy fumes to realise Nicola has been discussing selling his half of the haulage firm
    © ITV
    Nicola and Jimmy

Asked about possible love interests for Jimmy, he replied: "I think Gemma Atkinson's character Carly might see him as an opportunity, as she's homeless! It'd probably be anybody who wants a roof over their head. There's also Amy Walsh's character Tracy."

Miles also revealed that Jimmy will make one last-ditch attempt to block Nicola's move next week, which almost destroys her big chance.

Miles said: "There's a great scene at the airport where he tries to put a massive spanner in the works. He answers a question that nobody ever answers in the affirmative!

"Jimmy doesn't believe for a minute that this opportunity will just be for six months and he feels himself losing control of his life and his relationship. He fears turning into some kind of house husband in Dubai, which he knows he'll hate."

In real life, Wheeler is taking time away from Emmerdale as she is pregnant with her first child. She is expected to return to filming in September.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

KiwiElle (17-03-2015), maidmarian (17-03-2015)

Emmerdale fans could be about to see the King family take centre stage again with a big new story next year.

Nick Miles – who plays Jimmy – has hinted that there is some dramatic stuff on the way for the clan that he's very excited about.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Nick said: "A little bird tells me that there's going to be a big, dramatic story coming up in the new year that involves the King family. I can't tell you any more about it, though, because that's all I've heard so far!

"It's nice to do something serious, so I'll look forward to it and embrace it. Although there is always a fear when you've got a big exciting plot, because you never know who might be the victim!"

The juicy plot will be a welcome change for Nick, who is currently up for Funniest Male at the Inside Soap Awards thanks to Jimmy's comedy scenes.

"It's been ridiculously fun," Nick said about Jimmy's antics of late. "I've done a lot of dressing up in silly costumes!

"The comedy scenes are very rewarding, because people respond to it very quickly. If you're involved in a really dramatic story, that's great but it's much more of a slow burn.

"But when you do something silly one night, there's an instant response on social media – which is almost like the applause in a theatre."

Digital Spy

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (28-09-2017), TaintedLove (26-09-2017)

Emmerdale boss Iain MacLeod has spilled the beans on the Kings' big storyline next year, confirming that Jimmy's past will be revisited.

Earlier this week, Nick Miles – who plays Jimmy – hinted that there is a dramatic plot coming up for the King clan that he's very excited about.

Discussing what's ahead for the family at an Emmerdale press event today (September 28), Iain said: "Jimmy gets mixed up with some new arrivals in a way that makes him very unpopular with the village and will possibly re-involve him with a precinct that he was possibly involved with before.

"This is because it occurred to us that Jimmy was once part of this high status family and then they all died. In his own mind, and secretly in Nicola's mind, I think he feels like a bit of a loser.

Jimmy and Nicola King's afternoon doesn't go to plan in Emmerdale
    © ITV

"What we wanted to do was compare him to the successful part of the dear, departed members of his family and see what effect that has on his psychology. It is about him trying to get back to what he thinks Tom would have wanted, I suppose."

Viewers will have to wait and see how the storyline plays out, but Nick has already addressed his excitement at doing something more serious, following Jimmy's comical antics of late.

"It's nice to do something serious, so I'll look forward to it and embrace it," he said to Inside Soap.

"Although there is always a fear when you've got a big exciting plot, because you never know who might be the victim!"

Digital Spy

Emmerdale's Jimmy King has definitely proved that he's craftier than he's given credit for.

It looked for much of the ITV soap's Good Friday episode (March 30) that Jimmy (Nick Miles) was at the mercy of Joe Tate (Ned Porteous) and his revenge plot against Robert Sugden (Ryan Hawley).

The manipulative Joe seemed to have worked his evil mojo on Jimmy and got him to betray Robert, even tricking Jimmy into signing over control of his shares in his and Robert's business holdings.

Emmerdale 3/30/2018: Joe Tate, Robert Sugden and Jimmy King
    © ITV

Unbeknownst to Joe, he'd fallen right into a trap set by Robert. It turns out that Jimmy was working with Robert the entire time, and they were the ones who'd tricked Joe into signing some legally-dicey paperwork.

"I'm not as stupid as I look," Jimmy joked, with Robert promising: "This is just the beginning, Jimmy. He's going to regret trying to mess with me."

Emmerdale 3/30/2018: Joe Tate
    © ITV

Their scheme even brought back Kath (Claire Cage), the solicitor who's helped Robert in his plotting before — most memorably to gain the upper hand on Rebecca and Chrissie White last autumn.

Emmerdale fans delighted in Robert Sugden's dodgy dealings, and expressed hope that this scheme will give him the upper-hand over Joe Tate once and for all (warning: NSFW tweets below):

brid
    @BirdyOD
    Robert Sugden 👋🏻👏🏻😂 #emmerdale

8:27 PM - Mar 30, 2018
    See brid's other Tweets
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

Michelle Jones
    @MeeshyJay
    Can’t wait to see the smug smile wiped off Joe’s face #Emmerdale

See Michelle Jones's other Tweets

Boo
    @Fardo88
    I ****ING KNEW IT! KING AND SUDGEN VS TATE!!! YOU GO JIMMY AND ROBERT! #EMMERDALE

8:28 PM - Mar 30, 2018
    See Boo's other Tweets

*💖Caroline💖*
    @ine0802
    Played a blinder there boys #emmerdale love it!

See *💖Caroline💖*'s other Tweets
    ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

Cirah
    @Cirah_TV
    Well,well,well Joe...seems you underestimated Robert Sugden!Don't worry,you're not alone there 😂 #Emmerdale

See Cirah's other Tweets

• ⭐️ • Ð ã ñ • ⭐️ •
    @ko0bf4c3
    Haha Joe Tate just got done by Jimmeh King & Robert 😂😂 #Emmerdale

See • ⭐️ • Ð ã ñ • ⭐️ •'s other Tweets

Shaheen Ashraf
    @topgooner100
    Haha knew Jimmy played Joe 😂 #Emmerdale

See Shaheen Ashraf's other Tweets

Emmerdale Fans
    @TheEmmerdaily
    Oh Joe, you have no idea what you’ve started now #Emmerdale

See Emmerdale Fans's other Tweets

Daniela 😉
    @DanTel8219
    😂 Love this. Love Kath! #Robron #Emmerdale

See Daniela 😉's other Tweets

Cyster Jade 🌟💗💜
    @KittyKat3801
    Yes!! Kath is back!! Robert and Jimmy vs Joe is what I'm here for!! Rob is so smug. I love him so much!! 😂😂😂💖#Emmerdale #Robron

See Cyster Jade 🌟💗💜's other Tweets

Britt
    @Sugglehug
    #Emmerdale And Kath is back. Nice! Love the Smugden look. haha!

8:29 PM - Mar 30, 2018
    See Britt's other Tweets
    There are rough times ahead for Robron in harrowing scenes airing next week, when evil Syd McFarlane takes Aaron Dingle hostage and threatens the life of baby Seb.

Emmerdale will give viewers the next chapter in the Robert Sugden-Joe Tate feud next week, as the soap continues on Easter Monday (April 2) at 7pm on ITV.

Digital Spy

Thread Information