Thread: Jaye Jacobs as Donna

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jaye Jacobs as Donna

Jaye Jacobs has reflected on her departure from Holby City, admitting that she will miss the show's dramatic storylines.

The actress's character Donna Jackson will bow out of the BBC medical drama next month following a seven-year stint on screen. Her exit storyline sees her move away with love interest Kieran Callaghan (Barry Sloane).

Speaking to the Central Somerset Gazette about leaving Holby, Jacobs explained: "I'm definitely going to miss all the drama. Filming my final scenes was really overwhelming - it was incredibly emotional and intense, and it made it all very hard and raw.

"I knew it was the last few scenes she'd have and I put myself under a lot of pressure to get them right. But the cast and crew were all so supportive and they knew I wanted to put in the best performance I could.

"It wasn't until later that I realised I'd put myself under a hideously stressful situation and that I should just be enjoying the experience. Afterwards, I realised how much I was looking forward to embracing something new.

"I've been playing Donna for years, and it was a great chance to embrace something new and put myself in a new situation where I could play new characters."

Jacobs took on a theatre role after filming her final Holby scenes and she is now looking forward to new projects.

She said: "At the moment I've got the flu, so I'm going to recover from that and then start auditioning again. I want to do a wide variety of stuff - and I'm just going to see what comes along that takes my interest."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

JustJodi (08-03-2011), matt1378 (07-03-2011)

Thread Information