Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adele - Someone Like You

Adele - Someone Like You

No. 1 in the UK charts

this song is just beautiful!

Stunning song (and album, actually). Its sadly rare these days someone sounds as good live as they do on their album.

James Corden was spot in the video when he said: 'You can have all the dancers, the pyrotechnics, laser shows you want but if you sound like that all you need is a piano'.

& Adele was on radio 1 live lounge a while ago - she did Someone Like You on it, if I remember correctly.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/sessions...eloungespecial
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 25-02-2011 at 00:36.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

This song is just hauntingly stunning. I was going to say that "Rolling in the deap" was my favourite song of the year so far, then I heard this. Everytime I hear this I just want to sing along.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

everytime i hear this i do sing along! i got some very funny looks on the metrolink the other morning! luckily it wasnt rush hour and realised i was sionging in a public place rather quickly nd shut up!

You can't help yourself Katy. I have it on my phone and I listen to it on the way to work. I just close my eyes and let the song consume your brain.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Katy (26-02-2011)

I would've done that earlier, but I was on the motorway, in my car.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

I bought the cd at the weekend had it blaring yesterday when I was doing the housework.

Adele has been named the most powerful person in the British music industry.

The Music Power 100 poll by the Guardian newspaper saw the singer – who has topped the UK album charts for 16 weeks running this year with '21', but had a relatively short career, releasing her debut album in 2008 – and her team beat more established industry figures including Simon Cowell, Jay-Z and Damon Albarn.

The list was decided by a music industry panel and focussed mainly on industry figures and the teams behind the success of artists. Adele was voted top after she managed to hit number one in 15 countries with '21' and sell six million copies of the album in a time when album sales are declining.

Richard Russell, head of Xl records, Adele's label, said: "The whole message with her is, it's just music. There's no gimmicks, there's no selling of sexuality."

Second place on the list were Lucian Grainge and David Joseph, the executive head CEOs of Universal Music Group and Universal Music UK respectively, the label which is home to Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and The Rolling Stones.

'The X Factor' TV talent show boss Simon Cowell – who runs the Syco label, part of Sony records – was number three on the list while Nigel Harding, boss of public broadcasting station Radio 1 was fourth. Fifth place went to the controllers of music download service iTunes UK.

Music Power 100 list, top ten entries:

1. Team Adele: Label executive: Richard Russell, XL Recordings, Manager: Jonathan Dickins, Publisher: Paul Connolly, Universal Music Publishing Group, Radio plugger: Brad Hunner, Radar Plugging.
    2. Lucian Grainge: Universal Music Group and David Joseph: Universal Music UK
    3. Simon Cowell: Managing Director, Syco
    4. Nigel Harding: Broadcaster, Music policy executive, Radio 1
    5. Person or persons unknown: Retailer: iTunes UK
    6. Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim: Digital media: founders, YouTube
    7. George Ergatoudis: Broadcaster, head of music, BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra
    8. Larry Page, Sergey Brin and Eric Schmidt: Digital media, co-founders, Google, and their executive chairman
    9. Simon Moran: Live music promoter, managing director, SJM Concerts
    10. Jeff Bezos: Retailer, president and CEO, Amazon.com

Adele is to be recognised for a hat-trick of achievements by Guinness World Records.
    The chart-topping singer - who has become a global superstar - is included for the astonishing success of her second album 21.
    She has set new UK records for a solo female with both the most consecutive weeks at number one - 11 - and the most cumulative weeks at the top (21).
    In addition she is the first woman to have two singles and two albums in the UK top five at the same time.
    Adele - who has recently had to pull a series of live shows due to a chest infection - is included in a new edition of Guinness World Records, published on Thursday.
    Craig Glenday, editor-in-chief for Guinness World Records, said: "Adele is a wonderful role model for aspiring singers - and for all young people.
    "Her unique vocal talents have rightly propelled her to stardom on both sides of the Atlantic, and her honest attitude to fame is refreshing."
    Other new records include Rihanna becoming the first woman to have UK number one singles in five consecutive years from 2007 to 2011.

PA

Thread Information