Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giving a presentation

You also want to wear something you feel comfortable in and make sure that your bra is securely fastened. A colleague told me that he was in the audience once, where the female presenter was wearing a white blouse and it was clearly visible that not all the hooks at the back were securely fastened. The audience paid more attention to see whether the bra would pop open all together than the presentation

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    You also want to wear something you feel comfortable in and make sure that your bra is securely fastened. A colleague told me that he was in the audience once, where the female presenter was wearing a white blouse and it was clearly visible that not all the hooks at the back were securely fastened. The audience paid more attention to see whether the bra would pop open all together than the presentation
    That made me chuckle. I'll avoid white shirts (prefer black anyway, looks better I think). I need to go shopping for a suit. I'd prefer to wear a skirt but my male friend said I should wear trousers to avoid any distractions from the interviewers.

Thanks everyone for your input, it really helps. I'm stuck on how to present my data. I was thinking about pie charts or graphs rather than seven tables but I'm not sure how to go about it as the data is not connected (independent measures, for those statisticians). I have a few books on stats so I'm going to look through those today. The lecturer I wanted to speak to is abroad until next week.
    Thanks CrazyLea

What about the way text appears on slides? I find it really irritating as a view watching text 'fly' in one letter a minute but is it a good idea to reveal each portion of text as I go through the slide and discuss it before revealing the next bit?
    Thanks CrazyLea

make sure that your bra is securely fastened. A colleague told me that he was in the audience once, where the female presenter was wearing a white blouse and it was clearly visible that not all the hooks at the back were securely fastened. The audience paid more attention to see whether the bra would pop open all together than the presentation
    Sounds good to me!
    Last edited by parkerman; 22-02-2011 at 10:46.

Use bullet points to highlight what you're presentation is on and have small cards in your hands with notes for you. Try to keep the presentation to maybe 6 slides too many slides may make then loose interest. go for light colour back ground like light blue not white as there may be people with Dyslexia who find it difficult to read of a white background.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Abigail (22-02-2011)

Did she get the job?
    Thanks CrazyLea

Judging by some of the boring presentations I have attended I would be glad of this sort of distraction.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (22-02-2011)

Thread Information