Thread: Mary Byrne

Mary Byrne

X Factor star Mary Byrne has announced that she will release her debut album Mine & Yours next month.

The former Tesco employee's LP, produced by Nigel Wright, will be released by Sony Music in Ireland on March 25 and the UK on March 28.

Among the songs featured on the album are covers performed by Byrne on the ITV1 show including 'This Is A Man's World', 'I Who Have Nothing' and 'The Way We Were'.

"Recording this album was a dream come true. I'm so grateful for all of the support I received both during and after the show," Byrne said. "Nothing I'm experiencing now would have been possible without the wonderful people who picked up their phone each weekend and voted for me! I hope you enjoy listening to the album as much as I enjoyed making it."

The full tracklisting of Mine & Yours is as follows:

1. 'This Is A Mans World'
    2. 'I Just Call You Mine'
    3. 'Something'
    4. 'You're My World'
    5. 'I Who Have Nothing'
    6. 'The Way We Were'
    7. 'Galileo'
    8. 'My Life'
    9. 'You Don't Have To Say You Love Me'
    10. 'All I Want Is You'
    11. 'Always On My Mind'
    12. 'Unbreakable'

Byrne will appear on The X Factor tour which begins this weekend in Birmingham.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (17-02-2011)

Mary Byrne has revealed that she would like to sing the theme tune for the 23rd James Bond film.

The X Factor star told the PA that being chosen to perform the track for the still-untitled movie would be a "phenomenal feeling".

"We have talked about it," she admitted. "We have put it out there, but they haven't got back to me yet.

"I would be the happiest woman on this planet, and that's the truth. To sing a Bond song, you would be up there with the greats, the likes of Shirley Bassey, Tom Jones and Paul McCartney. To even consider me would be a phenomenal feeling, and I would be so honoured and proud."

Admitting that she is a fan of the franchise, Byrne continued: "I love James Bond movies - I loved them from the Sean Connery ones. Connery is my number one Bond, there's no doubt about that.

"But my favourite Bond is Roger Moore because he is my generation, and then Pierce Brosnan as the sexy one. Daniel Craig brings a different dimension to it."

Byrne's album Mine & Yours is on course for a top 10 debut according to midweek chart figures.

Coronation Street has seen cameos from music stars including Cliff Richard and Status Quo.

And now X Factor runner-up Mary Byrne wants to make an appearance on the cobbles.

The former Tesco checkout worker is a huge fan of the soap, and would love to sing for Becky and Steve.

Mary said: "I would love to go into one of my favourite soaps of all-time - Coronation Street.

She added: "And EastEnders! I would love to do stuff like that, I really would. I think I'd like to come in as somebody who sings real nice. It'd be nice to have some fun and have a bit of a laugh."

The Irish singer - whose debut album Mine And Yours is out now - loves the comedy of Coronation Street.

She explained; "The reason why I love Corrie is because it's a mixture of humour and serious stuff as well, but the humour's what I love about it. I love Becky and Steve McDonald - they're my favourites in it.

"My favourites used to be Hilda Ogden and Stan, going back many years ago.

"Then there was Jack and Vera. When they went, my heart broke. Mike Baldwin, I loved him in it. I love Deirdre, she's been through so many romances, it's unbelievable. And Ken! It's the characters I've grown up with."

Maybe Mary could help Steve and Becky save the pub with a fundraising karaoke night?

Thread Information