Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Lamb (James Sutton)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I can only see him as John Paul McQueen
    Me too, maybe he has changed since his Hollyoaks days.......( I'm hoping he has changed or I could find his scenes in the show very dull.....)

Ryan Lamb (James Sutton)

James Sutton has promised that there are "exciting" times ahead for his Emmerdale character Ryan Lamb.

In an interview with DS, Sutton said that fans can expect the village mechanic to become more prominent on screen over the next few months.

Ryan's life was recently turned upside down as he discovered that businessman Mark Wylde (Maxwell Caulfield) was his biological father. The bigamist has since been murdered by wife Natasha in an act of revenge.

Speaking of Ryan's forthcoming plotlines, Sutton revealed: "He's going to have a lot more to do in the coming months. He's got to come to terms with the fact that he's got this new family now and this father who vanishes - he doesn't really get a chance to talk to him before he disappears.

"He strikes up a relationship with Will, my new little brother which is really nice and Ryan's got a lot coming up with Nathan. Those two really are at loggerheads. We've got some really exciting stuff coming up together."

Sutton also said that he is happy to stick with the role for the foreseeable future as he is having "an absolute ball".

He added: "It's honestly the best place to work. The people there are just wonderful and they've made me feel so welcome and [series producer] Gavin [Blyth]'s doing a great job. It feels like we're part of something really quite exciting that's on the up. The viewing figures have been really good the last couple of weeks and I don't want to go anywhere right now."

Sutton has been shortlisted in the newcomer category at this year's National Television Awards.

Today's the turn of Hollyoaks-come-Emmerdale actor James Sutton to talk to us about why he should win the newcomer trophy at this year's National Television Awards.

What does it feel like to be nominated?
    "It's incredibly flattering considering the talent on Emmerdale, especially in 'Best Newcomer'. Some wonderful people have come in the last year. Alice Coulthard and Lyndon [Ogbourne] have both arrived, Kim Thomson as well - these are seriously high-calibre people so I'm incredibly flattered really."

What do you think of the competition?
    "It's very, very strong. Neil from EastEnders - I haven't seen that much of EastEnders - but what I have seen is really strong. Obviously I know Craig quite well and he's immensely talented, I worked with him at drama school and he's always been great. Bronagh I know from Hollyoaks. It's really tough - I wouldn't be able to call it!"

What would it mean to you if you won?
    "It would be brilliant. I've been nominated for a few bits and pieces over the last few years and I haven't really won anything - other than the wonderful Digital Spy award of course! But apart from that I haven't won anything so it would be lovely. My mum would love it as well - it would be nice for her to have something on her mantlepiece."

Are you taking her to the awards this year?
    "No, I'm not unfortunately. She showed herself up at the Soap Awards, butting in on my interviews and... no I'm joking! She loved it but unfortunately I'm not taking anyone this year."

Why should readers vote for you, then?
    "Because it would make my mum very happy if I won (laughs). I've really enjoyed the stuff I've done on Emmerdale and if other people have enjoyed my work then vote for me - that would be rather splendid of them."

What does the future hold for Ryan Lamb?
    "He's going to have a lot more to do in the coming months. He's got to come to terms with the fact that he's got this new family now and this father who vanishes - he doesn't really get a chance to talk to him before he disappears. He strikes up a relationship with Will, my new little brother which is really nice and Ryan's got a lot coming up with Nathan. Those two really are at loggerheads. We've got some really exciting stuff coming up together."

Where does he go with his love life?
    "Him and Katie start to have a little thing again. He's still sniffing around Katie for a while but I can't really give too much away about that."

Does he build bridges with his mother?
    "I don't think he ever forgives her but they do eventually start to open up some communication, but for a long time it's going to be very fraught between the two of them."

Are you sticking with Emmerdale for the foreseeable future?
    "Yeah - I'm having an absolute ball. It's honestly the best place to work. The people there are just wonderful and they've made me feel so welcome and Gavin's doing a great job. It feels like we're part of something really quite exciting that's on the up. The viewing figures have been really good the last couple of weeks and I don't want to go anywhere right now."

The other nominees in the newcomer category are all soapy sorts - Hollyoaks' Bronagh Waugh, Corrie's Craig Gazey and EastEnders' Neil McDermott.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (19-01-2010), PILKY (18-01-2010), tammyy2j (21-01-2010)

Zzzzzzzzzzz crap actor, crap character

More DS BS bigging up a crap actor playing a crap part. At the end of the day who gives a toss about his boring storylines

So he gets back with Katie *yawn*

I not too keen on the characrter

I dont think hes that bad

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    I dont think hes that bad
    I like him too. He's better than Nathan anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    God Nathan! so bloody obnoxious, sooner he leaves the better
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    Even Mark's wig was better than Nathan.

James Sutton is as wooden as a forest of trees.

Stupid question but how was he nominated for best newcomer at NTA since he was already in Hollyoaks????? Is Hollyoaks or Channel 4 now counted for NTA's?

Ryan needs a good storyline preferably not with Maisie or Katie

Thread Information