Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chesney & Katy

Chesney & Katy

Chesney Battersby-Brown gets caught up in a baby shocker.

The ginger teen, played by Sam Aston, 17, is stunned when girlfriend Katy Armstrong says she wants a baby.

At first Chesney believes neither of them is ready but Katy (Georgia May Foote, 19) convinces him and he starts looking for a flat for them to rent.

His sister Fiz (Jennie McAlpine, 26) is far from impressed.

A show insider said: “After just having a child herself she knows how hard it is.

“She doesn’t want him ruining his life by becoming a dad when he’s still a kid.”

Daily Star

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-02-2011)

I hope Chesney doesn't become another teenage parent. Him and Fizz need some good luck.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Chesney has gone down the Fiz route for me and become a boring character - Owen would kill him if he knocked up Katy

Coronation Street teenager Chesney Brown is to become a father in a forthcoming shock storyline.

It was previously reported that Chesney, played by 17-year-old Sam Aston, will be left to ponder girlfriend Katy's (Georgia May Foote) proposal of starting a family together, but the News of the World now claims that the decision will be made for him when his partner produces a positive pregnancy test during a romantic meal.

Confronted with the news, a teary-eyed Chesney will supposedly declare: "I can't believe how lucky I am. This is all I've ever wanted. We'll be a proper family."

A Coronation Street source commented: "Things will certainly change for the little misfit everyone loved. Soon he'll be living in a flat with Katy and his dog Schmeichel, with a kid on the way."

Aston first joined the ITV soap in 2003. His on-screen sister Fiz gave birth to her first child, baby Hope, amongst the chaos of the Weatherfield tram disaster in December.

This is a disaster of a plot. don't they practice safe sex in soapland.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (04-03-2011)

What age is Katy and Chesney suppose to be?

Chesney's 16 he had a party last year in the cafe were they spiked the punch and Roy got drunk. I think Katy is the same age.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (04-03-2011)

Coronation Street actress Georgia May Foote has explained why her teen character Katy Armstrong is so desperate for a baby.

Katy told boyfriend Chesney Brown (Sam Aston) that she wanted to start a family with him last month, and will soon have some life-changing news for him as she reveals that she is pregnant.

Discussing the reasons behind her alter ego's parenthood ambition, Foote told Take It Easy: "Her mum abandoned her and she's never really had a proper family. Chesney's the same. His mum was a waste of space and he doesn't know his dad, so he's never experienced that family atmosphere either.

"They both feel like they're missing out on something, so Katy came up with the idea of having a baby and moving out of home."

Pondering how Chesney and Katy's families will feel about their surprising news, she added: "I'm not sure how Fiz will react because she's always looked after Chesney and been there for him. I think it'll definitely be a shock.

"Owen, Katy's dad, is going to absolutely flip! He didn't like the fact she has a boyfriend in the first place and now she's settling down and having a baby. This is definitely not what he wanted for her at all."

DS

Sam Aston has predicted that Chesney Brown will prove to be a good father in his new Coronation Street storyline.

Chesney's life will soon change forever when girlfriend Katy Armstrong (Georgia May Foote) announces that she is pregnant with his child. The pair began making plans to start a family together earlier this year.

In an interview with Take It Easy, Aston was asked whether his character is cut out to be a dad.

He replied: "Yes, especially after everything he's been through with being in care and having a pretty useless mum himself. It's made him realise how important it is to always be there for your child and he'll make sure they're number one in his world."

Meanwhile, asked how Chesney's sister Fiz (Jennie McAlpine) will react to the surprising news, he replied: "I think she'll be shocked at first but, like when he announced he was moving out, she'll come round to it."

The 17-year-old, who has been with Corrie since 2003, also insisted that he does not get annoyed when fans of the soap still describe him as "cute".

"I don't mind, I've always had it and I've got used to it," he said. "Graeme Hawley, who plays John Stape, always get shouted out for being a murderer - I just get called cute! I don't think Chesney will ever really grow up in the public's eyes."

DS

Coronation Street star Georgia May Foote has admitted that she's glad the show is tackling a big issue like teen pregnancy.

The actress plays 16-year-old *schoolgirl Katy Armstrong, who has just discovered that she is pregnant with boyfriend Chesney Brown's (Sam Aston) baby.

The 20-year-old insisted that while she doesn't want children just yet, those who do decide to have a family at a young age shouldn't be condemned.

"Everyone has their own choice," she told the Daily Star Sunday. "Personally I'm very career-driven and I'd be really, *really shocked if I found out I was pregnant but my sister is 23 and she's just had a baby and she's wanted one since she was really young.

"A lot of girls at my school had babies as soon as they left and half of them were planned, so it's a big issue. It's good that Coronation Street is tackling the subject and are going to show how Katy and Chesney struggle.

"I'd love to have kids *myself but I'd rather wait until I was older. Katie is more impulsive but I'd rather plan it."

The soap star recently suggested that the couple want a baby because they've both been abandoned by their mothers.

DS
    Last edited by Perdita; 17-04-2011 at 10:55.

Thread Information