Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Chesney & Katy

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    Who knew that if you had a baby you'd have to spend a lot of time with it alone at home!
    No-one in Soapland that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    Who knew that if you had a baby you'd have to spend a lot of time with it alone at home!

Corrie star Georgia May Foote has revealed that her character Katy Armstrong will show a manipulative side when she gets jealous over Ryan Connor.

The pair grow closer in the coming days, but when Katy tries to stay loyal to boyfriend Chesney, a rejected Ryan (Sol Heras) turns his attention to her friend Steph instead.

Unhappy with Ryan's new romance, Katy turns ruthless as she plots to break the pair up.

Foote told Soaplife: "Her friend Steph makes a play for Ryan and Katy gets really, really jealous. She actually goes out of her way to ruin it and try to split them up, which isn't very nice.

"[Ryan's] the kind of person who won't wait around for someone when he can have whoever he wants. When Katy told him they shouldn't be doing this, he said that's fine - then went off with Steph instead. When he realises that Katy's been trying to split them up, he asks her what her problem is.

"She suddenly snaps and tells him why she did it - and this leads to a big kiss. Katy and Chesney never really shared any passionate kisses, it's only ever really been more of a peck. But Katy and Ryan are pretty full-on. It's something she's never experienced before."

As Katy begins to give in to temptation with Ryan, she is completely unaware that Chesney is planning to propose to her.

Asked how Katy would feel if she knew this, Foote replied: "I think she'd be absolutely devastated. Deep down she does love Chesney and knows that she should be staying loyal to him. But she's found in Ryan something she hasn't been getting from Chesney."

Pondering whether Katy would marry Chesney, Foote concluded: "Perhaps before this she would have been ready, but now I think she feels differently. Maybe she needed Ryan to come along to make her realise that she wasn't that happy after all."

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Monday, March 11 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

Corrie star Georgia May Foote has admitted that fans are "annoyed" with her character Katy Armstrong's recent behaviour.

Katy has found herself tempted by bad boy Ryan Connor (Sol Heras) in recent episodes, and the pair finally embark on a fling next week.

The young mum's relationship with Chesney Brown (Sam Aston) has always seemed stable, but they hit a crisis point in the next fortnight when the truth about Katy's antics comes to light.

Foote told the Yorkshire Evening Post: "The fans have already said they're annoyed about Katy and Ryan's relationship. They weren't too happy with it."

She continued: "There is a reason behind the affair, and that is that Katy is trying to get on with her own life."

The actress added that the storyline has brought the character of Katy into new territory.

Foote said: "It's really strange, it's a completely different storyline for Katy. I think Ryan was just being Ryan at the beginning, but then I think he does genuinely start to get feelings for Katy.

"Katy does like Ryan a little bit, but it's not until it all kicks off really that she falls for him."

Coronation Street continues tonight (February 6) at 7.30pm on ITV.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Can't she just leave Joseph in the house on his own like the other parents do in soapland. I mean you have Nick & leanne working in the bistro on a school night. Also we have three single-mums Fiz, Tracey and Maria who work all day and go to the pub straight after work. Their kids manage to look after themselves.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

parkerman (10-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Can't she just leave Joseph in the house on his own like the other parents do in soapland. I mean you have Nick & leanne working in the bistro on a school night. Also we have three single-mums Fiz, Tracey and Maria who work all day and go to the pub straight after work. Their kids manage to look after themselves.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Coronation Street actress Georgia May Foote is engaged to her long-term boyfriend.

Foote had been spotted wearing a diamond ring in recent weeks, and a spokesperson for the ITV soap has now confirmed her engagement, The Mirror reports.

The spokesperson said: "They got engaged a few weeks ago and are very happy.

"They have no immediate plans to get married."

A source added that Foote is "blissfully happy" following the engagement.

The actress, who plays Katy Armstrong in the soap, is currently at the centre of an affair plot. Viewers have seen Katy become increasingly attracted to Ryan Connor after the pair began working together at the takeaway.

The 22-year-old explained that her fiancé is "protective" of her because of her fame.

"He copes well with my fame," she said. "He is protective when we go out, he keeps an eye out for troublemakers and helps me avoid attention.

"We went to school together, so he's grown up with me doing television. He's not one for red carpets.

"If I was going somewhere and it was VIP, he'd ask, 'Why can't you go in the normal bit?'. He's low-key."

Her on-screen personality will also receive a marriage proposal this week when Chesney proposes, unaware of her infidelity.

On the proposal, Foote said: "I think she just really wants the ground to swallow her up, because she knows deep down that she shouldn't be getting married and she feels awful for what she's done.

"But she feels as though she's got no choice but to say yes because he asks her in front of everybody."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Coronation Street actress Georgia May Foote is engaged to her long-term boyfriend.

Foote had been spotted wearing a diamond ring in recent weeks, and a spokesperson for the ITV soap has now confirmed her engagement, The Mirror reports.

The spokesperson said: "They got engaged a few weeks ago and are very happy.

"They have no immediate plans to get married."

A source added that Foote is "blissfully happy" following the engagement.

The actress, who plays Katy Armstrong in the soap, is currently at the centre of an affair plot. Viewers have seen Katy become increasingly attracted to Ryan Connor after the pair began working together at the takeaway.

The 22-year-old explained that her fiancé is "protective" of her because of her fame.

"He copes well with my fame," she said. "He is protective when we go out, he keeps an eye out for troublemakers and helps me avoid attention.

"We went to school together, so he's grown up with me doing television. He's not one for red carpets.

"If I was going somewhere and it was VIP, he'd ask, 'Why can't you go in the normal bit?'. He's low-key."

Her on-screen personality will also receive a marriage proposal this week when Chesney proposes, unaware of her infidelity.

On the proposal, Foote said: "I think she just really wants the ground to swallow her up, because she knows deep down that she shouldn't be getting married and she feels awful for what she's done.

"But she feels as though she's got no choice but to say yes because he asks her in front of everybody."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Coronation Street's Sam Aston has revealed that Chesney will struggle to trust Katy (Georgia May Foote) again after he discovers her betrayal.

Chesney is left devastated this week when he discovers his wife's affair with Ryan (Sol Heras).

Speaking to the Radio Times, Aston said: "Because he's from a broken family, he felt like he could rely on Katy. Now all of that has been blown to pieces.

"He's been in a bit of a bubble because everything was just working out for him for once. They have still had their financial problems but he didn't mind because they had each other. And now, all of a sudden, his rock has been taken away from him."

Chesney will stumble upon the truth after Gary (Mikey North) realises that Katy has been unfaithful.

"Whichever way he'd have found out would have been horrible, but at least if she hadn't have lied to him and accepted his proposal he wouldn't have lost all of his pride," Aston added.

Fiz (Jennie McAlpine) will try to reason with Chesney and persuade him to give Katy another chance.

"He thinks she's unbelievable for even asking. They were supposed to be a tight team. She's done the ultimate betrayal in his mind," Aston said.

"In his mind, there's no taking her back at all. Maybe in the distant future when he realises how much he misses her and needs her he might start to listen. But right now, he's having none of it."

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post

Chesney is left devastated this week when he discovers his wife's affair with Ryan (Sol Heras).
    His wife? When did that happen?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (12-03-2013)

Thread Information