Thread: Rag and bone men

Rag and bone men

Do you still see (or "hear") them round your area? We seem to get them all the time round here. I find them rather annoying, especially when you're trying to have a sleep in
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

My God do they still have Rag and Bone men. We used to have one round our way when I was a kid. We used to get pencils and books of him. I have a great story to tell you about my Granny. There used to be a Rag and Bone man who went round her way with a big clydesdale horse pulling the cart. My granny used to go out and feed the horse sugar lumps. Any way one day my granny was in town doing some shopping and the man had parked his horse and cart in the street. My granny came out of a shop and the horse spotted her from about half a mile down the road. The next thing the horse took off galloping down the street to get to my granny to get some treats.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I haven't seen a rag and bone man since I was a child - and I and 46, lol.

We get charity bags through the door every Friday, to be collected the following Thursday and that is where all the outgrown clothes go.

Well isn't that a blast from the past!! Haven't heard of them in years.. Like Trinity, we just get stickers to put on bags of clothes that are collected by a charity van...
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    The next thing the horse took off galloping down the street to get to my granny to get some treats.
    Aww, bless it - that's so funny.

I remember him coming down the back lanes when I was a kid. Since we moved away from the terraces I haven't heard him. That was about 11 years ago.
    Thanks CrazyLea

This is so funny cos he came round yesterday morning and last week! Cant really understand what they say but my mam can.

Funny why we still have them round here but no others

I see them in my village in Spain every Monday, but he guy is very old. I wonder if it will continue when he is no longer able to

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    This is so funny cos he came round yesterday morning and last week! Cant really understand what they say but my mam can.

Funny why we still have them round here but no others
    I didn't think anywhere had them now. Like Perdy said our Rag & Bone Man was old as well. Does anyone have milk men or coal men still coming round their streets.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Coal Men - that's what I wanted to be when I grew up No idea why but my mum keeps reminding me about it!!

Thread Information