Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: EastEnders Spoilers Week 7 (14 - 18 February 2011)

Soapboard awards for 2010:

Most Entertaining Member
    The winner is: alan45

Most Opinionated

Best Male

Member with the biggest Personality
    Runner up: alan45

I can't recall seeing Alan's main critics, Cat2687, Dutchgirl and inkyskin anywhere in these awards so I think I know whose posts most people on the Soapboards prefer.

If he is to be stopped from employing his own brand of humour I'm sure he'll be off....and so will I.

Goodbye, it was nice knowing you all.

Yours sincerely

Parkerman (Soapbaords Personality of the Year)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (07-02-2011)

I'm gonna put my hand up and plead guilty to name calling. I apologise if my pet names "Poison Dwarf" & " Mr Beetroot Man" offends anyone it wasn't intentional. I call them that because I think that their acting skills are wooden, Peggy was always shouting and everytime Phil looses his rag his face turns purple. I would never call anyone on here a name that upset them.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

alan45 (07-02-2011), parkerman (07-02-2011), Siobhan (02-02-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Soapboard awards for 2010:

Most Entertaining Member

Most Opinionated

Best Male

Member with the biggest Personality
    Runner up: alan45

I can't recall seeing Alan's main critics, Cat2687, Dutchgirl and inkyskin anywhere in these awards so I think I know whose posts most people on the Soapboards prefer.

If he is to be stopped from employing his own brand of humour I'm sure he'll be off....and so will I.

Goodbye, it was nice knowing you all.

Yours sincerely

Parkerman (Soapbaords Personality of the Year)
    Well Parkerman. I know we had a run in a couple of years ago.But this is really not your style. I never mentioned Alan 45 by name and have never upset anyone as far as I recall. I have been here nearly six years and always enjoyed the chatter. But sometimes enough is enough. And I do not like people referring to others with physical appearances. That is so low.That is humor at expences of others. Bright and intelligent people can do without that.

Next post by you which I like I will thank you as I did before.
    Last edited by Dutchgirl; 02-02-2011 at 10:06.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and nobody should direct name calling at any member on here whether they agree with them or not. That is part of the rules. I don't think this is the right place to discuss this either but I am willing to let it stay so people can air their opinions. Inky your remark about "that other pillock", did cause most of this as it was obviously directed at Alan as he is the only one who labels threads as Deadenders.

I don't mind this, doesn't bother me but I can see it bothers other. I will not be renaming threads already posted but I will check new threads. I don't mind people using character "names" within posts but I will ask that neither Parkerman or Alan leave as they both do give an opposing view of Eastender that most fans won't see or mention..
    The board should be balanced and I would like it to stay that way.
    Super Mod

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

alan45 (07-02-2011), parkerman (07-02-2011), Perdita (07-02-2011), Trinity (07-02-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    carbon monoxide poising as she was too broke to have her boiler serviced (maybe just my dirty mind but that always sounds rude to me )
    I'd say Heather needs a good service of both

Ronnie's latest lie has violent repercussions on EastEnders later this month as Jack punches Michael in the face.

Jack's furious behaviour comes after Ronnie puts poison into his ear about Michael, falsely claiming that he tried it on with her.

Michael is left baffled by Jack's behaviour, completely unaware that Ronnie has resorted to desperate measures to prevent him from going into partnership with her husband at a boxing gym.

Later, Michael heads over to visit Ronnie in an attempt to find out what's going on, but she refuses to talk to him.

A Walford source commented: "Jack is furious when Ronnie tells him Michael made a pass at her, and goes at him like a raging bull.

"Ronnie is desperately trying to stop Michael and Jack from working together but with Michael now trying to find out what on earth is going on, will her lies start to unravel?"

© BBC

These scenes air on Monday, February 14 at 8.00pm on BBC One.

From DS
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-02-2011), tammyy2j (07-02-2011)

I've been reading this thread with some interest. Some points:

• Personal attacks via name calling is not on. Anyone doing so in future will get a warning
    • Calling a soap by a nick name, derogatory or not, is allowed as long as the person isn't trolling.
    • Ditto nick names for characters

I, for one, am glad that we have people on the forum who aren't scared to give opposing views, otherwise this forum would be full of Kalfie, Shannis and numerous other teenage fantasies.

I've also had PMs saying calling EE Deadenders is bullying. I'm sorry, but I don't see how calling a soap a different name constitutes bullying.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Meh For This Useful Post:

Abigail (06-02-2011), alan45 (07-02-2011), Dazzle (07-02-2011), lizann (08-02-2011), moonstorm (06-02-2011), parkerman (07-02-2011), Siobhan (07-02-2011), Trinity (06-02-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
    I've been reading this thread with some interest. Some points:

• Personal attacks via name calling is not on. Anyone doing so in future will get a warning
    • Calling a soap by a nick name, derogatory or not, is allowed as long as the person isn't trolling.
    • Ditto nick names for characters

I, for one, am glad that we have people on the forum who aren't scared to give opposing views, otherwise this forum would be full of Kalfie, Shannis and numerous other teenage fantasies.

I've also had PMs saying calling EE Deadenders is bullying. I'm sorry, but I don't see how calling a soap a different name constitutes bullying.
    Thank you for clarifying your position as owner of the site. I'm of the same view and don't see a problem with people calling a program what they like. I have far too much going on in my life to get upset by somebody calling a program different to its actual name. If folk don't like it, just skim over it or don't read the post. The forums have an ignore feature if people really don't want to read Alan's posts.
    Thanks CrazyLea

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

alan45 (07-02-2011), Dazzle (07-02-2011), moonstorm (07-02-2011), parkerman (07-02-2011), Siobhan (07-02-2011), Trinity (06-02-2011)

I am most concerned that neither Alan45 nor Parkerman have posted since this incident. They are both well known and well loved members of this community and it would be a huge loss to Soapboards if they left.

As for the original issue, as long as the name calling is restricted to T.V. series and fictional characters there is no problem.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trinity For This Useful Post:

alan45 (07-02-2011), Dazzle (07-02-2011), inkyskin (09-02-2011), moonstorm (07-02-2011), parkerman (07-02-2011), Siobhan (07-02-2011)

This is my first post since "walking out" a few days ago. I have been tempted to return firstly by the level of support shown by a number of posters on here - thank you Shiv, Abigail, moonstorm, Trinity, Chloe - and secondly by Norman's statement above with which I agree 100%. If what he is says is adhered to by everyone I am happy to return to the fold.

I would also like to make it clear I have been a fan of Eastenders since it started in 1985 and there are many times when Eastenders has been brilliant and some of the storylines and characters absolutely gripping and I have said so, but there have been many occasions when it has deserved criticism and I feel it wrong not to speak up about it when it deserves it. However it seems to me that to a number of people on here anything derogatory said about EE is tantamount to treason and I think that view is just plain silly. If I return I will continue to give my views as I see them and I will support Alan's right also to say what he thinks. As far as I know he has never made personal remarks about anyone on here. Yes, he has nicknames for characters in EE and, incidentally in Coronation Street which for some reason no-one seems to mind, but that all adds to the richness of this forum. How boring would it be if we all agreed with each other?

1st poster: Eastenders was great last night.
    2nd poster: Yes, I agree
    3rd poster: Me too
    4th poster: I thought Phil Mitchell was good
    5th poster: Yes, me too.

Etc. etc. Yawn yawn.

This forum is probably the best Soap forum around; let's keep it that way and let's all keep our sense of proportion, our sense of humour and our right to disagree.
    Last edited by parkerman; 07-02-2011 at 11:07.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (07-02-2011), Dazzle (07-02-2011), moonstorm (07-02-2011), Siobhan (07-02-2011), Trinity (07-02-2011)

Thread Information