Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andy Gray

Sorry! Typo - I shouldn't be doing this when I am working - I am using two lap tops at once and getting all confused.

(And you know that it was a typo!)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Why what have I done now!!!!!
    Alan.. it is just a precaution.. you should just apologise at the beginning of the day for stuff you may or may not say..
    Super Mod

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

alan45 (26-01-2011), Trinity (26-01-2011)

I should probably try that too!

Might be quite liberating..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinity For This Useful Post:

alan45 (26-01-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Sorry! Typo - I shouldn't be doing this when I am working - I am using two lap tops at once and getting all confused.

(And you know that it was a typo!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Alan.. it is just a precaution.. you should just apologise at the beginning of the day for stuff you may or may not say..
    As that other great Irishman Oscar Wilde said ''There is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is Not being talked about''

Last edited by alan45; 26-01-2011 at 17:24.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Katy (26-01-2011)

im glad hes been sacked not because of the comments as it is a bit over the top pc wise but i can understand why they have done it but more the fact i wont have to put up with his awful biased commentary when trying to enjoy wathcing the football on the telly! I cant bear him, i hve to mute the tv and make my own commentary, he is absolutly hopeless and as for that wage, well the world really has gone mad!

Now if we could only get a couple of recordings of Jeremy Guscott speaking out of turn then we wouldnt have to listen to his BS in the upcoming six nations

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Katy (26-01-2011)

Sacked football pundit Andy Gray plans to sue Sky Sports for £3 million for unfair dismissal and breach of contract, it has been claimed.

According to The Mirror, the ex-footballer was with his legal team yesterday discussing a possible lawsuit against his former employer after he was fired following off-air sexist comments he had made in discussion with presenter Richard Keys.

It is claimed that Gray is seeking payment for the remainder of his contract, believed to be in the region of £1.7 million a year.

Gray yesterday issued a statement through his lawyers Schillings, which read: "I am very sorry that certain comments made by me have caused offence. Such comments were made off-air to work colleagues, and were of course never intended to be broadcast.

"I was very upset when the comments were brought to my attention, and it was my intention to apologise on Monday night when I was back on air for the Bolton v Chelsea game.

"Sadly I was unable to do so as I was suspended from the show by Sky Sports and have now been sacked. Football is my life and I am devastated by losing the job that I love. I am equally upset that third parties have been dragged into this issue."

A source added: "He feels very down and a little embarrassed about everything. Exactly how you'd feel if you had just been sacked from a job you loved. It doesn't feel like he got a second chance or was allowed to apologise."

Keys yesterday quit his job at Sky Sports for his own comments about female assistant referee Sian Massey, adding that "going forward without Andy would have been almost impossible".

Can they only sack him if the girl in question made a complaint??? I know in a lot of companies if you say something that cause offense to another they have the right to sue and have you sacked. If the girl in question didn't make any allegations then I don't think they can sack him on the basis of something said off air
    Super Mod

i think he was sacked because after the lineswoman incident all these other incidents came to light, as far as im aware it wasnt just on the one time. Im not to hot on employment law.

Although his comments were out of line. I can't help but think he may have a claim to sue Sky. If those comments were made by David Beckham would their be the same uproar. I very much doubt this. What Andy said to that girl about the microphone has probably been said a number of times to females on a daily basis, but I think it's how it's said and who says it. If David and Jamie Redknapp were having a banter about their wives would they be sacked? I would like to know who was the person who posted the footage on Youtube and why they did it? Have they a gripe with Andy or have they been asked to find an excuse to get rid of him.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information