Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Theresa McQueen (Jorgie Porter)

Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter has admitted that she was sad when her character Theresa McQueen broke up with Will Savage.

The pair ended their relationship in late December after drifting apart once Will had enrolled at Hollyoaks Community College.

In real life, Porter has been dating co-star James Atherton - who plays Will - for the past few months.

Porter told Inside Soap: "I was gutted when Will and Theresa split up. It wasn't just because I couldn't work with my boyfriend more, but also because James is such a great actor.

"I never thought in my life that I'd enjoy working with a boyfriend, but I absolutely love it. So both me and James really want Theresa and Will to get back together."

Theresa's old spark with Joel Dexter (Andrew Still) is about to be revisited on screen following his return to the village.

Porter said: "Clearly there's something between Theresa and Joel, and they do get together for a short while. But it all goes wrong after Joel bumps into Will and they end up having a fight. Theresa's not impressed by Joel's jealous streak - but she's still got the hots for him."

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4 with a first look screening at 7pm on E4.

Jorgie Porter has been named the 'Hottest Girl In Soap' by FHM magazine.

The actress has played Theresa McQueen in Hollyoaks and its post-watershed E4 spinoff Hollyoaks Later since 2008.

Porter will reportedly have a big part in the upcoming series of Hollyoaks Later, which airs this autumn.

"It gets seriously rude," she said of the new episodes.

"It's like rude rude. The kind of stuff that you might see and it might be awkward if you ever see me again."

Asked what she is like on set, Porter said: "I'm uncontrollable. I'm not allowed any energy drinks. I get very energetic."

The upcoming fifth series of Hollyoaks Later will feature a cameo from Lethal Bizzle.

Footage was filmed last night (July 31) at a special VIP gig in Liverpool especially for the programme.

Show chiefs have confirmed that the filming will feature Hollyoaks sixth formers Jono (Dylan Llewellyn), Neil (Tosin Cole) and Bart (Jonny Clarke).

The full feature and more pictures appear in this month's FHM magazine, on sale from Thursday (August 2).

'Hollyoaks' Jorgie Porter interview: 'Theresa could kill again'

Hollyoaks revisits Theresa McQueen's dark side next week as she holds Dodger Savage at gunpoint.

Upcoming episodes see Theresa tell Dodger (Danny Mac) the truth about Calvin Valentine's murder, deciding to be honest about her past when he insists that there should be no secrets between them.

Unfortunately for Theresa, she soon realises that Dodger isn't really interested in her at all, and was only ever quizzing her to find out whether she killed Texas Longford.

When a distraught Theresa then threatens Dodger with a gun, could history be about to repeat itself?

Digital Spy recently caught up with Jorgie Porter, who plays Theresa, to hear more about next week's dramatic storyline.

Would you have liked Theresa to have been Texas's killer?
    "Well, I think I've been quite lucky because Theresa has killed before but so far she's got away with it. Often soap characters don't get away with killing someone for very long, so it's quite unusual.

"If Theresa had killed this time she would have been a serial killer, so I think she would have definitely needed a comeuppance. Because of that, I'm glad that Theresa didn't kill again, although it would have been a massive and exciting storyline!"

How strong are Theresa's feelings for Dodger at the moment?
    "She is obsessed! Theresa absolutely loves and adores Dodger. I think she just gets wrapped up in her relationships and always thinks her latest boyfriend is going to be the father of her children!"

Does Theresa realise that Dodger suspects she killed Texas?
    "Not at first, but at the funeral, Dodger declares his love for Texas. Theresa can't believe it, and her reaction is, 'How can you still love this woman? She's dead!'

"Dodger also manipulates Theresa by telling her that they can be together, but only if there are no more secrets. He wants them to declare everything to each other. Theresa is quite shocked, but she does decide to tell him the truth about Calvin's murder.

"It's obviously not the right thing to do, but Theresa is so obsessed with Dodger that she thinks they'll have a 'happily ever after' if she tells him about her past."

How does Dodger react?
    "Dodger is really shocked and assumes that it means Theresa also killed Texas. Alarm bells are ringing in his head!"

Does Theresa feel any guilt over what happened to Calvin?
    "I think Theresa doesn't see herself as a murderer. To this day, she still believes that Calvin deserved what he got, because he was cheating, lying and he didn't want the baby that Theresa was carrying.

"It's actually a similar situation with Dodger. He still loves Texas rather than her, so when Theresa realises this, she gets very angry and thinks that she really could kill this guy…"

What's going through her mind when she holds Dodger at gunpoint?
    "Theresa is in a blind blaze of fury! She can't believe that she's in the same situation again, and she doesn't understand why men just have to lie to her all the time. Theresa takes the word 'love' really seriously, so if someone tells her that they love her, she doesn't think they can just back out of it. She's absolutely raging with Dodger."

Is Theresa really capable of pulling the trigger, or is she just trying to scare Dodger?
    "I definitely think she's capable of killing again. She got away with killing Calvin because the whole family stuck up for her, so who's to say that Theresa couldn't get away with killing Dodger too?"

Do you prefer playing Theresa's nicer side or her bad girl storylines?
    "I really love the fact that Theresa has got so many sides to her. She's has a comedy role and can be loveable, but I feel really lucky that she has killed someone and still seems to be liked by the viewers.

"Theresa falls in love easily, like most girls do, and I think people can relate to that. But she also has a psycho side, which I think is what boys drive her to! Some girls can probably relate to that as well!"

Carmel is also getting suspicious of Theresa, isn't she?
    "Yes, as it's bringing back memories of Calvin. The two of them had a massive row with each other back in the day over this. Calvin was the love of Carmel's life, so you never know whether she has really forgiven Theresa deep down. If she's done it before, who's to say she won't do it again? And if she does, who's to say that Carmel won't grass on her and get her arrested? Carmel probably thinks this needs to stop…"

There are lots of new male characters joining the village. Would you like Theresa to get a new love interest, or stay focused on Dodger?
    "I always feel like Theresa needs a man in her life. I don't know whether pointing a gun at Dodger might ruin everything, but I absolutely love working with Danny Mac. He's so much fun, but you know what Theresa's like - she's like a little hussy!"

What else is coming up for Theresa?
    "To be honest, I really don't know, but I know that we usually have late-night episodes so if they happen this year, I really hope Theresa is in them! That would be awesome."

Do you think it was the right choice to make Will the killer?
    "Definitely. I think James's storyline is fantastic and with the way it's played out this year, I think it would have been a tragedy if Will hadn't been the killer, to be honest!

"Will is so creepy and so weird, so if he hadn't been the killer, I think people would have been disappointed. It's also a huge twist because nobody knew that Will could walk, so I think it's fantastic that he is the killer."

Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter has announced that she is leaving the show.

The actress, who has played Theresa McQueen for five years, will bow out of the Channel 4 soap at the end of her current contract.

Confirming her decision, Porter told the Daily Star Sunday: "I've loved playing Theresa and of course being a McQueen. I've been so lucky to have been given some amazing storylines over the last five years.

"I start to feel a little emotional when I think about leaving but the time is right for me to move on. I've still got a while to go yet so there'll be plenty more mischief from Theresa over the next few months."

Theresa's exit storyline will see her finally "face the consequences" of killing Calvin Valentine back in 2010. However, the door will still be left open for a possible return.

Hollyoaks' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood said: "Jorgie is a beautiful, sexy and delightful presence on and off screen - a real talent. But Theresa has got away with murder for many years, so it is time for her to face the consequences."

A rocky year for the McQueens has already seen fan favourites Claire Cooper and Nicole Barber-Lane depart their respective roles as Jacqui and Myra.

Porter is expected to film her final scenes later in the year.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (13-10-2013), tammyy2j (14-10-2013)

good

Hollyoaks' cast and crew gathered for an emotional farewell to Jorgie Porter today (December 17) as she finished filming at the soap.

The actress is bowing out from her role as Theresa McQueen after five years playing the character.

Jorgie Porter's final day at Hollyoaks
    © Lime Pictures
    Jorgie Porter's final day at Hollyoaks

As our pictures show, the Hollyoaks team surprised a tearful Porter after she filmed her final scene, handing over presents and giving her a send-off to remember.

Theresa's exit scenes will air next month, when she is expected to finally face the consequences of killing Calvin Valentine back in 2010.

Jorgie becomes emotional on her last day
    © Lime Pictures
    Jorgie becomes emotional on her last day

Cast and crew gather for Jorgie Porter's farewell
    © Lime Pictures
    Cast and crew gather for Jorgie Porter's farewell

The door is being left open for a future return and show sources have suggested that Theresa will be back on screen following a break.

Porter is currently in training for the upcoming 'All-Stars' series of Dancing on Ice, which airs from January 5. She was runner-up on the ITV skating contest in 2012.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz2nnjCmcoX

Hollyoaks: Jorgie Porter on Theresa McQueen exit plot

Hollyoaks airs a dramatic exit storyline for Theresa McQueen next week as she decides to flee the country after Sonny Valentine returns to the village.

With Sonny now working as a police detective, Theresa fears that it's only a matter of time before she is caught out for the murder of his brother Calvin.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Jorgie Porter, who plays Theresa, to hear more about her Hollyoaks departure and whether she'll be back.

How are you feeling now that your time on Hollyoaks has come to an end?
    "I'm really sad. I had my leaving party recently and it was really great as loads of people turned up and we were dancing all night! I looked round the room and thought, 'These are such cool people and I love them all'. I think I'll also miss being in a secure job and one that was so fantastic."

Why did you decide to leave? Was it just so you could fit in your return to Dancing on Ice, or were there other reasons too?
    "I think doing two things was really hard last time. When I was on Dancing on Ice the first time round I was doing it alongside Hollyoaks in the daytime and I also did the tour, so it absolutely killed me. This time I thought, 'I don't think I'll be able to do both this time without dying at the end!' That did help to make the decision a little bit."

Are you just taking a break from Hollyoaks or do you see it as a permanent exit?
    "Well, they've not killed me. Hopefully they haven't anyway - I'm hoping they don't stick a gravestone in without telling me! (Laughs.) It's really great to have the door left open. I've loved Hollyoaks and I would definitely go back, but I also want to see what happens."

What was your last day on set like?
    "I did my final scene and then everyone surprised me by coming together on set to give me a send-off - even my boyfriend James who played Will Savage. Everyone was clapping for ages - it was really overwhelming.

"On the same week, I had my leaving party which was at Empire in Liverpool. Gemma Merna organised it and it had the best DJ ever - he only played dirty R&B and hip-hop, which was all I wanted! Everyone was dancing and then it switched to Motown. I just hope nobody was drunk in work the next day!"

Theresa has got away with murder for the past three years, but next week everything starts to catch up with her. Do you think it was important to show her facing the consequences?
    "Definitely. I don't think anyone should get away with murder. I've always been on pins for the last few years waiting for something like this to happen - I'm just lucky that Dancing on Ice came along when it's happening!"

How did you feel about the writers bringing back Sonny Valentine?
    "It's exciting. It's always exciting when you get someone new to work with but as soon as I heard about it I thought, 'Uh-oh, that's my exit!'

"Aaron Fontaine who's playing Sonny now is lovely. He's obviously a bit of a handsome chap and he's going to be working a lot with Gemma as well. He told me he was a bit gutted because he felt like he was taking my place - I was leaving just as he arrived!"

How does Theresa feel when she sees Sonny?
    "When Theresa first sees Sonny she fancies him a little bit, but then he says his name and she thinks, 'Oh crap'. Everything just comes back to her. Obviously it's all been forgotten about for a while and nobody has really thought about it. When Theresa realises that Sonny is back it's an absolute shock, like a bomb dropping."

Does Theresa feel any guilt about her crime?
    "I don't think she feels much guilt about what happened to Calvin, but I think she does feel guilty about ruining Carmel's family life as she knows how much Calvin meant to her. It's not really in Theresa to be a murderer, it was just a sudden reaction at the time."

What happens after Sonny's return?
    "Theresa goes to Mercedes to talk about it and Mercedes advises her to go to the airport and leave the country. They do arrive at the airport but you'll have to tune in to find out whether she does manage to get away. It's really exciting - I spent a lot of time in that airport running around in heels!"

How did you feel about Theresa's malicious emails to Dodger, which saw her pretend to be Texas?
    "I think Theresa did that so Dodger would fall in love with her more. Obviously it was the most stupid thing she could have done and it didn't go to plan. Theresa just gets wrapped up in men so much and thinks they could be her baby's daddy, but it never happens! She doesn't go about things the right way and she's really desperate. It's a bit embarrassing really!"

How have your fans reacted to the news that you're leaving?
    "I've had so many Twitter messages from people saying, 'No don't go!' It's been really lovely to see people say they don't want her to leave, even though she hasn't had a big storyline recently. Lots of people have said they love seeing Theresa on screen so the reaction has been amazing."

What are your best memories of being on Hollyoaks?
    "There are so many. Every single day I was there, I laughed. I don't think I ever had a bad day there, and I think that's because the people make it what it is. It's so close-knit like a big family and I'm really going to miss everyone. It didn't even feel like work when I was doing scenes because I enjoyed it so much."

Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter has announced that she is returning to the show.

The actress, who plays Theresa McQueen, will be back on screen later this year after just a few months away from the Channel 4 soap.

Theresa is currently in prison after finally being caught out as the culprit behind Calvin Valentine's 2010 murder. Her new storyline is expected to feature more twists and turns in the build-up to her trial.

Porter commented: "I am excited to be returning. Theresa is awaiting trial but has some serious unfinished business before then so I am thrilled to be able to come back and finish what we started."

A show statement added: "Theresa is on a mission and she's got a secret that's going to shock a lot of people around the village."

Porter quit Hollyoaks last October, but at the time a show source told Digital Spy that she was expected to return following a break.

The 26-year-old later clarified that she left the show so that she could fully focus on the All-Star series of ITV's Dancing on Ice, only to be left stunned when she was voted out the first week.

She told Digital Spy last month: "I thought for Dancing on Ice I'd need time out for it, but I didn't. When I did it two years ago I was absolutely exhausted because I was doing Hollyoaks, Hollyoaks Later and the Dancing on Ice tour.

"I even had to cancel a few of the tour dates because I fell asleep, my body was just exhausted, so I thought it would be a good idea to [concentrate on it]."

Porter has played Theresa since 2008.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (24-04-2014)

Why? She is a bad character

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (24-04-2014)

no please no

Thread Information