Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Theresa McQueen (Jorgie Porter)

New McQueen cast in 'Hollyoaks'

The McQueen family is to increase by one again later this month as young, naive tearaway Theresa joins the clan.

Theresa, played by 20-year-old TV newcomer Jorgie Porter, is a 'teen temptress' and 'Lolita type' who has a distinct lack of self-awareness. Her vulnerability is her status within her family and she is alert to the fact that she has a long way to go before she becomes a real member of the McQueens.

Her love of men catapults her straight into McQueen mayhem when she unwittingly becomes involved in Tony (Nick Pickard) and Jacqui's (Claire Cooper) already-ailing relationship.

With the tension between Jacqui and Tony beginning to ease slightly, Jacqui seizes the opportunity to speak with him about the tanning salon lease. Tony, however, finds himself distracted by an attractive blonde girl at The Loft's school disco-themed night and fails to show for his meeting with Jacqui.

Believing he has nothing more to lose, Tony takes her back to his flat but is soon overcome with regret the following morning when he realises that Theresa is only 15 and still a schoolgirl.

When Theresa turns to her family with the tall tale of an older man taking advantage of her, Jacqui is beyond speechless when Theresa takes her around to the man's flat and it turns out to be Tony's.

Speaking of her new role, Porter said: "I'm thrilled to be joining not just Hollyoaks but one of soap's most notorious families. Although she's feisty with outsiders, Theresa's ranking within the family is low so she's eager to impress."

She added: "I can’t wait to see how Theresa earns her stripes as part of the McQueen clan!"

Her first scenes are due to air on Tuesday, November 25.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

crystalsea (06-11-2008), tammyy2j (05-11-2008)

Apparantly the producer wanted the girl who plays Tina in Corrie to play this part, but Corrie had snapped her up before he had chance to offer her the part. Could have seen her suit this role very well!

She looks very like Carmel

OMG Tony and another McQueen how original

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post

OMG Tony and another McQueen how original
    Thats what I was thinking

Theresa McQueen (Jorgie Porter)

Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter has revealed that her character Theresa McQueen will be at the centre of a big week of episodes next month.

The actress confirmed that viewers can expect an action-packed time ahead for her troubled alter ego, who is still trying to cover up the fact that she killed Calvin Valentine on his second wedding day last May.

Speaking in an interview with the Daily Star, Porter explained: "I can't say too much but there's a massive week of episodes coming up in mid-February. There's a big action set-piece we filmed on location. I did some of my own stunts but I had a double as well so I can't brag too much.

"This week the producers have been talking about long-term storylines for this year, so hopefully I'll know what will happen to Theresa soon."

The 23-year-old also praised her recent plotlines, admitting that she is enjoying the ongoing mix between dramatic and comedic scenes.

She said: "It's been a very eventful few months: Theresa got pregnant by Calvin, killed him and then blamed it on another guy that went to prison. There have been some great storylines that have been amazing for me to play.

"It can be incredibly draining, though. I go home sometimes and just cry. I bawl for no reason and then I realise it's because I've been crying non-stop on set for four months, so that's probably got something to do with it. But it's not all doom and gloom. I'm lucky because I do a lot of comedy too. Not every actress gets to do both."

From DS

Jorgie Porter DS Interview 04 Feb 2011

Theresa McQueen's dark history comes back to haunt her on Hollyoaks next week as she and her baby daughter Kathleen-Angel are snatched and held captive by bad boy Kyle Ryder. Kyle is determined for revenge after being framed for Calvin's murder - but how far will he go to make the true culprit suffer? As Warren, Ethan and Carmel end up on the scene and the hostage drama comes to a head, fans can expect stunts and shocks as one character will lose their life… DS recently chatted to Jorgie Porter, who plays Theresa, to hear more about a week of high drama for Hollyoaks.

How does Theresa feel when she hears rumours that Kyle could be back in the village?
    "She's absolutely frightened for her life. Obviously she put Kyle into prison - it wasn't her idea but she went along with it because she didn't want to be apart from her baby. Theresa knows that Kyle must have so much rage inside of him after being in prison, and he's already threatened her a lot. So Theresa is really worried about Kyle taking revenge."

What do her family think of the situation?
    "The McQueens all tell Theresa to leave the village - they feel that there's nothing else she can do now and no good can come from her staying in Hollyoaks. So her mum arranges for her to be put up with a friend in Manchester."

What happens next?
    "Ethan arranges to meet Theresa before she goes - he keeps asking her why she has to leave and what the big secret is. But obviously Theresa can't tell him that she's a killer! So they arrange to meet at a car park, but by the time Ethan gets there, Theresa is gone because she's been snatched by Kyle. So Theresa and Ethan don't get to have their meeting."

You've recently had a lot of scenes with Craig Vye, who plays Ethan, and Abi Phillips, who plays Liberty. Has it been nice to work with some new people?
    "Yeah, it's been really good. When new people start, you remember what it was like for you when you first joined the show and all of the new things you experienced. You feel for them as well, because they've come into a big crowd of people and they don't know anyone's name. So you've just got to remember that and make them feel welcome. Craig and Abi have been fun to work with."

Do you think Theresa and Ethan are a good match?
    "Well he's a cheating rat, isn't he?! He's a love rat! Theresa never gets it right with her men, does she? One day maybe she'll find someone who actually really likes her and they'll fall in love together. But until then…"

Thomas Sean Hughes, who played Theresa's love interest Logan in Hollyoaks Later has proved really popular, hasn't he?
    "Oh yeah, he's had so many fans on Twitter and so many girls loved him! I think it'd be great to bring him back! I think he'd enjoy it and I think he'd be great, because he was a good asset to the show, wasn't he?"

What's the atmosphere been like on set since Hollyoaks' new producer has been appointed?
    "At first you think, 'Uh oh!' And then when they come on set, it's like, 'Okay, be cool!' Also, that always seems to be the time that I mess up my lines! So things like that are a bit nerve-wracking. But at the same time, you enjoy your job, you do it because you love it and you're hopefully there for a reason after being chosen in the first place. The only thing you can do is just enjoy it and try your best."

And you must all be proud of how well Jen Metcalfe is doing on Dancing On Ice!
    "Oh yeah, it's such a big family at Hollyoaks and we're all on Twitter telling absolutely everyone to get behind her. I love the love! It sounds so cheesy, but my heart melts a little bit when I see so many people saying, 'Go on Jen!' It brings us together a lot."

Are you hoping to attend one of the live shows to support her in person?
    "Yeah, I am. At the moment I'm finding it hard because I've been working each Monday and so I wouldn't be able to attend the show the night before. But when she gets to the final, which I know she will, I reckon there'll be a lot of us there!"

How does Theresa cope with her ordeal?
    "She doesn't have a clue where Kyle has taken her. He ties her up in an abandoned building, and her baby is there with her - so Theresa's mothering instincts kick in as well. She's absolutely terrified, but she also becomes a bit of a warrior because she feels like she really has to protect her baby."

Does Theresa worry that Kyle could hurt Kathleen-Angel?
    "Yeah, definitely! Theresa worries that in order to get to her, Kyle could hurt the baby. And Kyle is very shifty about that - he knows that the baby is Theresa's weak point and he uses that to really wind Theresa up."

What does Kyle hope to achieve by doing all this?
    "His motive is purely revenge - that's all he wants and Theresa doesn't know how far he'll go, because he's done so many bad things in the past. It's a really worrying time for her."

How does Warren become involved in the situation?
    "It all starts when Warren has a conversation with Kyle on the phone. That puts a lot of questions in Theresa's mind because she wonders what Warren has to do with Kyle. So again, she's wondering what's going on and what could happen next."

We've heard that things get very dramatic towards the end of the week…
    "Yeah - Warren, Ethan and Carmel all end up at the building. I can't say exactly what happens, but there's a stunt, someone gets shot and someone dies!"

Did you enjoy being at the centre of such a dramatic week for Hollyoaks?
    "Oh yeah, it was so cool! You don't always get a chance to do stuff like this - soaps don't often do stunts all the time, but we're really lucky on Hollyoaks because there are a lot of stunts. It's amazing. Everyone spends a lot of time and effort on them and the crew do so much work, along with the actors and the directors. So much goes into it, and it's so fun to be out on location and doing something that is on such a big scale."

Theresa's guilt over Calvin has been a really long-running storyline - what have you thought of it all?
    "It's been really exciting. I didn't think that Theresa would be the one who killed him when the storyline first came out, so that was a surprise. And it was also a bit scary because when you kill someone, you have to have a punishment - so I've been wondering for a year now, 'When am I going to go? When am I going to get caught?!'"

Do you think Theresa deserves to be punished for what she's done?
    "It'd be heart-wrenching if she was punished and if she had to go - I'd miss her! But someone dies next week, so who knows what could happen?"

You've recently had a lot of scenes with Craig Vye, who plays Ethan, and Abi Phillips, who plays Liberty. Has it been nice to work with some new people?
    "Yeah, it's been really good. When new people start, you remember what it was like for you when you first joined the show and all of the new things you experienced. You feel for them as well, because they've come into a big crowd of people and they don't know anyone's name. So you've just got to remember that and make them feel welcome. Craig and Abi have been fun to work with."

Do you think Theresa and Ethan are a good match?
    "Well he's a cheating rat, isn't he?! He's a love rat! Theresa never gets it right with her men, does she? One day maybe she'll find someone who actually really likes her and they'll fall in love together. But until then…"

Thomas Sean Hughes, who played Theresa's love interest Logan in Hollyoaks Later has proved really popular, hasn't he?
    "Oh yeah, he's had so many fans on Twitter and so many girls loved him! I think it'd be great to bring him back! I think he'd enjoy it and I think he'd be great, because he was a good asset to the show, wasn't he?"

What's the atmosphere been like on set since Hollyoaks' new producer has been appointed?
    "At first you think, 'Uh oh!' And then when they come on set, it's like, 'Okay, be cool!' Also, that always seems to be the time that I mess up my lines! So things like that are a bit nerve-wracking. But at the same time, you enjoy your job, you do it because you love it and you're hopefully there for a reason after being chosen in the first place. The only thing you can do is just enjoy it and try your best."

And you must all be proud of how well Jen Metcalfe is doing on Dancing On Ice!
    "Oh yeah, it's such a big family at Hollyoaks and we're all on Twitter telling absolutely everyone to get behind her. I love the love! It sounds so cheesy, but my heart melts a little bit when I see so many people saying, 'Go on Jen!' It brings us together a lot."

Are you hoping to attend one of the live shows to support her in person?
    "Yeah, I am. At the moment I'm finding it hard because I've been working each Monday and so I wouldn't be able to attend the show the night before. But when she gets to the final, which I know she will, I reckon there'll be a lot of us there!"
    Last edited by Perdita; 05-02-2011 at 07:59.

http://www.list.co.uk/article/32605-...-in-hollyoaks/

Hollyoaks' Theresa McQueen and Brendan Brady could be set to find love, although actress Jorgie Porter believes Brendan is too much of a bad boy for her alter-ego.

Hollyoaks' Theresa McQueen and Brendan Brady could be set to find love.

Actress Jorgie Porter - who plays the man-eating minx in the Channel 4 soap - admitted while she is keen for her alter-ego to fall in love, she thinks Brendan (Emmett J. Scanlan) is too much of a bad boy for the blonde bombshell.

She exclusively told BANG Showbiz: "I would like Theresa to find a beautiful man to fall in love with. But knowing her, she'd fall in love with about five men all at the same time and become really confused and stressed out about loving them all. That would just be so typical of her.

"I think she should go for someone a bit different - Brendan is very different to her usual type, but then I think he might be a bit too bad for her. That would be a good pairing though! She definitely needs a new guy on the scene."

After having enjoyed a saucy night of passion with her own cousin Carmel's (Gemma Merna) husband Calvin Valentine (Ricky Whittle), which resulted in her falling pregnant and then shooting the police officer when he told her to get rid of the baby, Jorgie admits her character has a habit of falling for the wrong men.

She added: "She seems to fancy all the men that are totally wrong for her. She's a man-eater and a bit of a Lolita type, she's always really gone for the men that are the worst people she could possibly go for. Theresa has only got herself to blame though because she's the biggest flirt in the world."
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 18-02-2011 at 14:01.

Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter has admitted that her character Theresa McQueen will feel "heartbroken" when her romance with Will Savage hits a stumbling block in the coming days.

The pair are about to run into problems when Freshers' Week arrives at Hollyoaks Community College and Will makes some new friends, including rock chick Ash, played by Holly Weston.

Porter told Inside Soap: "She notices his growing bond with Ash. Will says he'll go out with Theresa, but then he ends up getting drunk and partying with his new mates instead.

"She soon realises that she's not his number one priority anymore, and she's left a bit heartbroken by that. Theresa's feeling extremely left out."

She added: "Will is genuinely oblivious to how Theresa feels about his new life, but not in a nasty way. He really doesn't mean to upset her with his behaviour or do anything wrong."

Hollyoaks bosses are introducing five new Freshers in total, who become regular characters from Monday.

Meanwhile, Porter recently confirmed that she is enjoying a real-life romance with James Atherton, who plays Will, describing him as a "great guy".

Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter has admitted that she'd like to play a totally different character to Theresa McQueen.

The actress, who is currently a favourite on Dancing On Ice, insisted that she is happy to stay at the Channel 4 soap for the time being, but teased that killing Calvin Valentine may come back to haunt Theresa.

"I've not got any ideas of going anywhere else and no-one's asked me to do anything else. You never know what's going to happen. Theresa can't get away with being a murderer forever," Porter said, according to PA.

"I'd love to just play somebody completely different like in an insane asylum or on Downton Abbey, just somewhere completely different, with a different accent.

"I'd love to do something evil. That would be fantastic. In my day-to-day life I'm a bit scruffy anyway. It wouldn't bother me a bit, it would be completely different and the shock element of that would be really good."

Porter recently admitted that she is too exhausted for sex after performing on Dancing On Ice.

Jorgie Porter has insisted that she has no plans to leave Hollyoaks in the near future.

The actress, who plays Theresa McQueen and is currently a favourite to win Dancing On Ice, admitted that never plans too far ahead.

"Hollywood sounds lovely, but you know, I never thought I'd get to do what I'm doing. I never think, 'I'm going to do this,' because you can set yourself up for a fall," Porter told PA.

"I've never been one of those people who set their minds on winning things, because I'd be frustrated in the end. So I go into things with an open mind; I'm just going to do things that make me happy. If something isn't making me happy, then I'll change what I'm doing.

"You never know what might come along - just go with the flow. I've achieved a lot because I never thought I'd be an actress but I am one. I've had my first TV break with Hollyoaks, but you never know what might happen. I don't want to say no to anything that might challenge me."

Porter recently confessed that she would like a role in Downton Abbey.

Thread Information