Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arthur Fatboy Chubb

EastEnders star Ricky Norwood has called on producers to revive Stacey Slater.

The actor, who plays Fatboy on the BBC soap, believes Lacey Turner should reprise her role as the much-loved Albert Square resident.

When asked whether he would like to see a character return in the future, he firstly suggested: "I'd love to see the return of Stacey Slater, I thought she was amazing."

Norwood continued: "Peggy Mitchell was also a great bundle of energy. I'd love to see Derek Branning back from the dead! Jamie Foreman is one of the best actors I've worked alongside."

The star also set out his desire for Fatboy to have more scenes with Dot Branning and the Masood family.

"I would always love more time with the Masoods. I'd love more time with Dot Branning," he added. "I love her to pieces. June [Brown] is meticulous. She knows her job inside out.

"She even knows where the teapot should be and why it shouldn't be where it is right now. She's helped me a lot."

EastEnders continues tomorrow (January 24) at 7.30pm on BBC One.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

EastEnders star Ricky Norwood has been suspended from the soap for two months after reportedly being videoed smoking cannabis.

Show bosses announced the decision today (April 1) after meeting with the actor following weekend tabloid reports.

An EastEnders spokesperson told Digital Spy: "Ricky Norwood has been suspended from the show for a period of two months with immediate effect.

"In addition, Ricky would like to apologise to EastEnders' viewers for any offence caused and for bringing the show into disrepute."

Norwood hit the headlines on Sunday (March 30) as details emerged of a video which allegedly shows him smoking cannabis and performing a sex act during a Skype chat.

The video was reportedly filmed recently and captured by a woman who the 28-year-old had met online.

Norwood has been appearing on EastEnders as Arthur 'Fatboy' Chubb since 2010. He won the Most Popular Newcomer prize at the National Television Awards in 2011 for his portrayal of the character.

Fatboy's latest storyline has seen him comforting Albert Square favourite Dot Branning (June Brown) following the death of her wayward son Nick.

does these celebs ever learn by mistakes of other celebs, he has a good job on a top soap

Romance could be on the cards for Fatboy Chubb on EastEnders next week when he is discovered getting close to a Walford female.

The latest turn of events happens following a Ladies' Night at The Vic, during which several secrets are spilled amongst the women.

One of those secrets involves Fatboy (Ricky Norwood) as his previous fling with Denise Fox is revealed, leaving everyone shocked.

However, Fatboy soon disappears and is later discovered getting close to another Walford resident, but who is it? And could this be the start of a new romance?

I am thinking maybe Nancy and this leads to conflict with Tamwar

It's about time he had some sort of story. Him and Tamwar. They've both been hanging around for months doing nothing.

EastEnders star Ricky Norwood is leaving the show after nearly six years in the role of Fatboy Chubb.

The actor will depart the BBC soap at the end of his current contract after producers decided to write out the character of Fatboy.

Norwood will film his final scenes within the next few weeks, but bosses are currently keeping quiet about when and how Fatboy will leave Albert Square.

An EastEnders spokesperson told Digital Spy: "We can confirm that Ricky will be leaving EastEnders. We wish him all the best for the future."

A show insider added: "Ricky is a great guy and very popular on set. He's leaving the show as it's the end of Fatboy's storyline, but everyone wishes him well for the future."

Donna is delighted when she realises Fatboy hasn't left in the morning
    © BBC
    Fatboy and Donna in a recent EastEnders episode

Norwood first appeared on EastEnders in early 2010, featuring in the main show and its online spinoff E20.

He enjoyed early success with his portrayal of fun-loving Fatboy, winning the Best Newcomer prizes at the Inside Soap Awards in 2010 and National Television Awards in 2011.

In April 2014, Norwood was suspended from EastEnders for two months for improper conduct, although it's understood that there is no link between the past suspension and the much more recent decision to write out Fatboy.

Fatboy's storylines have included his romances with Mercy Olubunmi, Poppy Meadow and Denise Fox. He also shares a strong friendship bond with Albert Square legend Dot Branning and has supported her through many of her own dramas.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-10-2015), lizann (17-10-2015)

Are they actually trying to get rid of Dot? Who will she have left?

DTC needs to stop sacking everyone, this is getting silly now. Perfectly good characters have been dispatched to make way for failures like Les, Claudette and Vincent. Fatboy was probably a limited character, but I question where both Dot and Donna will be without him. As Nancy said the other night, she doesn't really fit in and doesn't have anyone else her own age.

It wouldn't be so bad if this wasn't the latest in a long line. Change is needed sometimes but he's thrown more out this year than he did at the beginning of his tenure (most of whom were understandable.)
    Last edited by Kim; 17-10-2015 at 05:55.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

lizann (17-10-2015)

i would guess vincent will be connected to his exit, donna romance hurt and charlie missing, fats time up

dot all alone

i would guess vincent will be connected to his exit, donna romance hurt and charlie missing, fats time up

dot all alone

I always liked Fatboy's character, but until this recent "affair" with Donna he hasn't had much to do for the last year or so. He has been very under used in my opinion.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (17-10-2015), tammyy2j (18-10-2015)

Thread Information