Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arthur Fatboy Chubb

^ I hope it is better than Corrie's stupid Xin storyline

Hate to say it, but it can't be any worse

Ricky Norwood has predicted that his EastEnders character Fatboy Chubb will head down a darker path if Mercy Olubunmi leaves him heartbroken.

The Walford pair will tie the knot in next Monday's episode as Fatboy goes ahead with his desperate plan to keep his best friend in the country.

However, as show bosses recently confirmed that Mercy is due to depart screens in July, her union with Fatboy is likely to be short-lived.

Speaking to All About Soap about what Mercy's exit could mean for Fatboy, Norwood commented: "I honestly don't know what's going to happen in the future. But if Mercy does leave Fatboy heartbroken, I think that he's going to stop being the nice guy all the time.

"He'd probably really kick out and do bad things that he wouldn't normally do."

Fatboy's marriage follows an immigration drama for Mercy as the UK Border Agency have threatened to deport her for outstaying her visa.

Discussing what happens after the wedding, Norwood said: "It's very awkward. Fatboy feels that the wedding is going to solve everything, but all it does is create more problems.

"It's hard for them to even be friends because they've told all these people that they're a genuine couple, so they have to keep up the façade. But because it's not the type of relationship they've had before, it's not easy for them."

Next week's episodes also see actor Colin Mace make a reappearance as Fatboy's father Ashley.

EastEnders star Ricky Norwood has hinted that his character Fatboy Chubb could soon feature in a love triangle storyline.

Fatboy grows closer to troubled Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty) in this week's episodes as he tries to protect her from evil pimp Rob Grayson during their holiday in Southend.

However, speaking to Inside Soap, Norwood admitted that Albert Square newcomer Tyler Moon could thwart Fatboy's chances of a romance with Whitney in the coming months.

"It's great to be involved with a character like Whitney," the actor explained. "There will be lots of ifs and buts when it comes to their relationship and things won't be straightforward for them.

"Fatboy likes Whitney and cares for her, but with Tyler on the scene as well, he has a bit of competition!"

Norwood also praised Tony Discipline, who plays Tyler, and his screen brother Matt Lapinskas (Anthony) for their professionalism on set.

"They're such lovely boys. They came on board to work hard, not just get pictures outside the studios with the fans," he said. "We love having them here and they love being here - they bring something really fresh to the show."

EastEnders' Ricky Norwood has said that he hopes his character Fatboy will find a steady girlfriend.

Speaking on the National Television Awards red carpet, the actor stated his belief that his alter ego's kind nature means he deserves to find love.

He told What's on TV: "It'd be lovely if a girl came along and was there for him.

"Fatboy's the one who will always run to someone's rescue, so it'd be nice for someone to run to his rescue one day."

Norwood also revealed that the public's view of Fatboy has changed significantly since he arrived in Albert Square in 2010.

"It's been an amazing turnaround," he added. "When I first came in people used to say to me, 'I don't like you on my screen!'

"But now people say to me, 'You know what, when I first saw you I didn't like you, but now I love Fatboy'."

Fatboy, whose real name is Arthur Chubb, has previously had relationships with Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty) and Mercy Olubunmi (Bunmi Mojekw

EastEnders star Shona McGarty has admitted that she would have loved a happy ending for her character Whitney Dean and Fatboy Chubb.

The pair have been in a relationship for some time, but Thursday night's episode will see Whitney finally tell Fatboy that she only sees him as a friend.

In contrast, Whitney has developed strong feelings for Tyler Moon (Tony Discipline) since his arrival on Albert Square last year.

However, McGarty told This Morning today: "As a viewer of EastEnders - and I love EastEnders, I've watched it for years - I would personally think that Whitney should go for Fatboy, just because he's so lovely and he genuinely cares.

"For Whitney to go with Tyler now is just a risk to take. She doesn't know where it's going to go."

McGarty said that Whitney's views on the love triangle are very different, as she feels she made a mistake by getting romantically involved with Fatboy (Ricky Norwood).

She explained: "I think Whitney loves him as a friend. I think she always loved him as a friend, but just got a bit confused after everything that had happened to her. She needed a shoulder to cry on."

EastEnders continues on Thursday at 7.30pm on BBC One.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    EastEnders star Shona McGarty has admitted that she would have loved a happy ending for her character Whitney Dean and Fatboy Chubb.
    So did everybody! This will-she-won't-she storyline had no tension in it because no one wants them to split up...
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

A blind man could see she was always going to end up with the "bad boy" , and when she does go with him, it will not last as Tyler is not a relationship sort of guy. It will end in tears for whitney , but she will only have herself to blame.

I think the writing is kind of realistic though don't people sometimes make wrong decisions? I think Whitney felt that Fat boy was smothering her and is kind of boring. I just hope Fat Boy can MOVE ON from Whitney and she regrets her decision in dumping him. Whitney was cruel to Fat Boy using the guy when she clearly wasn't in love with him.

EastEnders star Ricky Norwood has called on producers to revive Stacey Slater.

The actor, who plays Fatboy on the BBC soap, believes Lacey Turner should reprise her role as the much-loved Albert Square resident.

When asked whether he would like to see a character return in the future, he firstly suggested: "I'd love to see the return of Stacey Slater, I thought she was amazing."

Norwood continued: "Peggy Mitchell was also a great bundle of energy. I'd love to see Derek Branning back from the dead! Jamie Foreman is one of the best actors I've worked alongside."

The star also set out his desire for Fatboy to have more scenes with Dot Branning and the Masood family.

"I would always love more time with the Masoods. I'd love more time with Dot Branning," he added. "I love her to pieces. June [Brown] is meticulous. She knows her job inside out.

"She even knows where the teapot should be and why it shouldn't be where it is right now. She's helped me a lot."

EastEnders continues tomorrow (January 24) at 7.30pm on BBC One.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Thread Information