​If you're still not over Fatboy's grisly death on EastEnders last Boxing Day, it will "definitely" haunt Vincent Hubbard.

Fatboy (Ricky Norwood) was killed in horrific circumstances after he was kidnapped and locked in a car boot overnight in a case of mistaken identity. He was already dead in the boot before the car was crushed, possibly from a heart attack out of fear.

Ronnie Mitchell (Samantha Womack) was to blame for the mix-up as she'd arranged for her enemy Vincent to be sent to the car crusher instead.

Speaking to Yahoo, Vincent actor Richard Blackwood teased that Fatboy's death will continue to haunt his character.

"EastEnders don't do anything half-arsed. They've thought it through," he explained. "It definitely will come back and haunt [Vincent], I can say that much… there's no way that it wouldn't.

"You just have to think of the lies he's had to tell since then, he's already feeling guilty as it is. Knowing EastEnders as I do, they won't leave it like that."

Blackwood also admitted that it's tough keeping story secrets from his inquisitive family, adding: "Your family is the first to come up to you and be like, 'We're family, there's no problem here, tell us'. And it's like, 'Why are you so eager to know?' and they say, 'I'm your mum, I should know!'

"That's not part of mum duty, you just need to know I'm doing well in life. But my mum likes to push the boundaries, 'I'm your mum, I should know first'. That stops when I'm 18, I'm 43 now, you don't need to know anything! It's surreal."