Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deteriorating Eyesight

Quote Originally Posted by moonstorm View Post
    My friend had the laser eye surgery and it went wrong. He has had 3 transplants but still none have taken, it really put me off!! Has anyone had it done?
    I was thinking of it maybe later this year if I can get a loan but now that has put me off

I went for a consult last year and it will cost around 5 grand in euros

I wear glasses I cant wear contact lens I cant work them

One of the people I know who had it done got a money-off coupon on eBay for £1, saved himself loads of money.

I am 46 and now need reading glasses as well as distance glasses. Most people begin to need reading glasses in their late 40s or early 50s and you will still need these later even if laser eye surgury fixes your distance vision now.

I am sure that Parkerman has had laser eye surgury, he was very positive about his experience when I was looking into it a couple of years ago.

I had an unpleasent experience with Optical Express.
    http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...e-Surgey/page7

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trinity For This Useful Post:

alan45 (24-01-2011), moonstorm (24-01-2011), tammyy2j (24-01-2011)

I would be reluctant to have laser eye surgery for the reasons most mentioned. If it goes wrong you could end up worse off. I have only had to wear glasses recently and it doesnt bother me. My eyesight is precious to me and its the one sense I would hat to lose

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (24-01-2011), tammyy2j (24-01-2011), Trinity (24-01-2011)

I've worn glasses since I was 5, so for me it's part of my life; I would never touch my eyes! Like Alan said, I'd hate to lose my sight!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tori For This Useful Post:

alan45 (24-01-2011), Siobhan (25-01-2011)

I had a friend which had terrible migraines as well and it turns out it was a problem with his sight. However, I would think it would be more reasonable to have your eyes checked by a proper optical surgeon as the eye sight is linked to so many other bodily functions. Don’t let opticians prescribe you very expensive contact lenses, my friend gets the prescription and advice but orders his pair cheaply on this contact lens store which has every single type one could wish for
    Last edited by baggins11; 14-06-2012 at 10:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Tori View Post
    I've worn glasses since I was 5, so for me it's part of my life; I would never touch my eyes! Like Alan said, I'd hate to lose my sight!
    besides Tori.. man make passes at women with glasses

I don't mind wearing my glasses.. they are relatively cheap nowadays.. doesn't require anything going in or out of your eye and you can even get perscription sunglasses.. there is occasion where I wish I didn't have them like when I go swimming and stuff
    Super Mod

My contact lenses are a special prescription, they don't keep them in stock and are usually very expensive (£40 a month). I'm on lensmail from Specsavers and it costs me £15 a month for lenses, solution, free checkups when I need them and two free lenses per year. Given that I'm clumsy and prone to losing things often, its worked out cheaper. I had a problem with lenses dissolving last year and I got three months free lenses on top of the yearly two.

I know that Asda do my lenses for £8 each a month but that doesn't include solution, free check ups or free lenses. The link you gave is actually more expensive than non-franchised practitioners; the solution prices are ridiculous, Specsavers don't charge that much for a bottle on its own. I'm also suspicious of a company based in England that uses phrases such as "toll free" and offers a 110% guarantee.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    My contact lenses are a special prescription, they don't keep them in stock and are usually very expensive (£40 a month). I'm on lensmail from Specsavers and it costs me £15 a month for lenses, solution, free checkups when I need them and two free lenses per year. Given that I'm clumsy and prone to losing things often, its worked out cheaper. I had a problem with lenses dissolving last year and I got three months free lenses on top of the yearly two.

I know that Asda do my lenses for £8 each a month but that doesn't include solution, free check ups or free lenses. The link you gave is actually more expensive than non-franchised practitioners; the solution prices are ridiculous, Specsavers don't charge that much for a bottle on its own. I'm also suspicious of a company based in England that uses phrases such as "toll free" and offers a 110% guarantee.
    I have to say I thought he was a spammer, having only 1 post and all!

Quote Originally Posted by Tori View Post
    I have to say I thought he was a spammer, having only 1 post and all!
    That was in my mind but I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Long story short, my lenses have been rotating inwards on the surface of my eye balls hence the power wasn't in the right place for me to see. That's why I couldn't see, nothing to do with my prescription being wrong as the woman initially said. If she had checked the position of the lenses at my first appointment two weeks ago it could have been sorted I have to go back when I get the altered pair through the post. That's only four visits to the opticians in about three weeks. As if I don't have anything better to do with my time.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information