Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deteriorating Eyesight

4. My astigmatism has significantly increased (basically my eyeballs are more rugby ball shaped than football)

My uncorrected vision is terrible, I can make out colours and blurry shapes but I can't read text at all or see detail.

My eyesight is getting worse. I didn't think it was possible but it is. I'm short-sighted have been for years. The last time I had my eye tested I had astigmastism on my weak eye as well. I don't have any health problems or not aware of any. I even had to go and buy a magnifying glass so I can read cooking instructions on food packets. I will need to go. If I had money I'd get the laser surgery done.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

The optician asked me if I'd considered laser surgery when I went on Wednesday. I talked to my mum about it last weekend and she was very opposed to the idea. One day when I have enough money I will have it done. By then there will probably be more techniques than LASIK and LASEK and it'll be cheaper.

For the past 8 years I've hated wearing glasses when I was out of contacts but at the moment I really can't be bothered to wear contacts. I love the freedom of glasses to put them on in the morning and not have to adjust them so I can see. Contacts take up about five minutes putting in and taking out and several hours moving around during the day so I can see properly. The optician said there will come a point where glasses will give me better vision than contacts, simply due to how they work. I've seen some zebra print ones which I love
    Thanks CrazyLea

Ive never fancied contacts hate things going in my eyes. Although I know that's what laser surgery does. but it would only be once and I'd be glasses free forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Ive never fancied contacts hate things going in my eyes. Although I know that's what laser surgery does. but it would only be once and I'd be glasses free forever.
    Laser surgery does happen the once but I know a guy who had it done and now has to keep using eye drops to stop his eyes drying... My biggest fear of laser surgery is that the doctor would sneeze doing it and feck me up completely!! I have been wearing glasses for years.. maybe if more options/treatments come in, I would change my mind
    Super Mod

My friend had the laser eye surgery and it went wrong. He has had 3 transplants but still none have taken, it really put me off!! Has anyone had it done?

I know 2 people who had it done and are very glad they did, no problems at all, one had did done in Scotland, one in Manchester. I am contemplating it but some of the comments here are putting me off

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I know 2 people who had it done and are very glad they did, no problems at all, one had did done in Scotland, one in Manchester. I am contemplating it but some of the comments here are putting me off
    I only know of the one guy and as I said he has to keep putting drops in his eyes..he got it done many years ago so maybe the process has improved since then
    Super Mod

I heard of a couple of people have had it done before Christmas and the proceudre went great no problems, but as Shiv said a big fear of having the doc mess up. Well if I find a spare 3 grand on a bus in a brown paper bag. I'll get it done and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    I heard of a couple of people have had it done before Christmas and the proceudre went great no problems, but as Shiv said a big fear of having the doc mess up. Well if I find a spare 3 grand on a bus in a brown paper bag. I'll get it done and let you know.
    If I find a spare 3 grand.. I am getting boobs.. nobody would care if I was wearing glasses or not!!!
    Super Mod

Didn't Bryan have laser surgery?
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information